Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Kids and Tummy Aches

Do your kids complain about that their stomache hurting at various times without actually being sick?

The reason I ask is because my daughter (she's 9) complains alot about her stomache "hurting". She never actually gets sick and it always goes away in a relatively short time. They don't seem that severe because she will mention it and go lay down but she isn't crying or doubled over in pain.

To give a little history, about 2 years ago she was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst the size of a softball and had to have her ovary removed. We go once a year to have an ultrasound and be checked by her surgeon to ensure the other ovary remains healthy. I am, obviously, sensitive to tummy aches because that issue presented itself as a problem with her appendix (even the ER folks were surprised). She remains clear of any problems with that and thank God all tests came back clear.

I know she could have plenty of non-medical issues that give a stomache ache (stress and anxiety are two of them) but I'm concerned there might be something else going on and I just can't get a straight answer from her doctor. I'm really just curious if anyone else has had this problem with their children and what the outcome might have been.

Thanks for reading.