Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-11-2017, 03:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: What book are you currently reading? (11/11)

What book are you currently reading?
Would you recommend it to someone? Why or why not?

Old 11-11-2017, 04:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just finished kingdom keepers book 6 yesterday.
Have to start in a new book
Old 11-11-2017, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm on the 5th book of the Wrinkle in Time series right now. I'd never read these books as a child and I'm forever searching for something challenging, yet age appropriate for my gifted kiddo. These are not it. Lol... I know many people love these books but I don't really see the hype (please don't strike me dead! lol). Still I'm glad to have finally crossed them off my To Be Read list!
Old 11-11-2017, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter is reading Julie of the Wolves for class right now so I feel like I'm reading it since I am constantly helping her with journal prompts.

I'm headed to the library in a few (to borrow a copy of Julie of the Wolves because my daughter keeps forgetting her copy at school!) and am going to pick up Brene Brown's Rising Strong and Glennon Doyle's Love Warrior. Maybe a Jen Hatmaker book, too. Those ladies are my jam.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just finished the last book in JA Huss' Mister Series and LOVED it. I've spent the last couple of months reading most of her books (Rook & Ronin series and all spin-offs, The Company series and all spin-offs and The Mister series).

I just started Ghosted by JM Darhower and I usually love her books - it is written in first person, but there is like a book within the book that is written in third person so it has a weird feel to it. The story is good though.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just finished Wonder and loved it!!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Cassie, A Wrinkle in Time was my favorite book as a kid. My son is currently reading it and I plan to reead it after.

Krista, Wonder is my son's favorite book. I thought it was fantastic also. We can't wait for the movie.

I am currently reading the 4th book in the Heroes of Olympus books. The Roman gods with the Percy Jackson kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire series thus far.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I recently finished The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and I definitely recommend it.

Just got started reading A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute. I'm not far enough in to offer a recommendation.

I'm reading When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead with my daughter. It's one of my favorite middle grade fiction books. Cassie, I don't know how old your gifted kiddo is, but take a look at this one if you haven't read it yet.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I just finished Wonder and loved it!!
I read this to my boys a couple of years ago, and it really is the best! I hope the movie will live up to the book.

I’ve just reread The Hunger Games for the trillionth time because I’m leading a middle school book club for it. It’s one of those books that I lov more every time I read it.

I read Gone Girl at the beach last week, and i didn’t love it but i couldn’t put it down, either. I definitely want to see the movie.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I read this to my boys a couple of years ago, and it really is the best! I hope the movie will live up to the book.

I’ve just reread The Hunger Games for the trillionth time because I’m leading a middle school book club for it. It’s one of those books that I lov more every time I read it.

I read Gone Girl at the beach last week, and i didn’t love it but i couldn’t put it down, either. I definitely want to see the movie.

I want to read Wonder with my 7.5 year old. My older daughter read it last year. We are going to see the movie over Thanx Break.

I love the Hunger Games and Gone Girl (Movie and Book)!
Did you read Girl on the Train? The Couple Next Door?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Currently have downloaded A devil in the White City, Cursed Child and the third book in the Ransom Riggs series. Not sure which one I am starting first. Hubby snagged my copy of Origin so I have to wait for him.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Oh, Cassie, A Wrinkle in Time was my favorite book as a kid. My son is currently reading it and I plan to reead it after.

Krista, Wonder is my son's favorite book. I thought it was fantastic also. We can't wait for the movie.

I am currently reading the 4th book in the Heroes of Olympus books. The Roman gods with the Percy Jackson kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire series thus far.
Mari, maybe I should have read them as a child and I'd like them more?! I don't hate them by any means, just not living up to the hype is all I think? My favorite book(s) as a child were the Anne of Green Gables series. I STILL love those!
Old 11-12-2017, 07:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have just started The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*@#, things have been too busy for me to get past page 12, I guess I don't give enough of one to read the book, lol.

Had a book on the go on my Samsung tablet but I dropped it and shattered the glass . Going to purchase The Last Tudor shortly but will be reading that on iPad. Thank goodness for Kindle apps.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've added all your books to my queue! Thank you for the suggestions!

I'm reading Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety.
I'd recommend this to military personnel - no one else would be interested :P
Old 11-13-2017, 02:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm starting on The Girl Who Lied by Sue Fortin.