Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default scrapping question for twin moms

I have scrapped a bit for the girls but not a whole lot - getting ready to start their albums and try to do more pages for them. So, I want to make individual pages for the girls as much as possible - and that seems easy when I've got a specific event to scrap for. But I'm trying to wrap my head around just those random pages we all do for our kids. I scrap for all my other kids very out of the blue - I'll get a great photo, scrap it, and do some personal journaling just for them. And I assume it comes out relatively evenly - and if it doesn't that won't be obvious because they aren't the same age at the same time kwim?

But with the girls being the same age, I feel like I want to make sure and scrap them fairly evenly and yet it seems less personal / inspired to make a page for one and then turn around and search for a picture that fits the same theme for the other. I am rambling I know.

ok an example....say I get a cute picture of Hazel with Daddy and I scrap a daddy daughter page - do I need to make sure I do a similar page with Grace? What about the more spontaneous photos? Say, I get a really cute picture of one girl and I scrap a page - let's pretend I called it "pretty in pink" (probably will happen, right?). Do I do a "pretty in pink" layout for the other girl too? Does that seem forced?

LeeAndra will show up on this thread and tell me I'm overthinking this.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

<<thinks you're overthinking it

I think you should just scrap what you can and want, and if you start seeing a gap, then go back and try to make it up. But don't stress out over it now. I'm impressed you're doing all that you do already!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

*lol* Not so much overthinking as overcompensating, dear.

Although they are twins, they are individuals, too, and there will be so many times in their lives over the years when people will call them and view them as one unit, 'the gurls,' 'the twins' that I think they would appreciate having albums that are different from one another just as they are and will be different from one another despite experiencing life and different stages within it at the same time.

I'd like to think that's how I'd do it if I had twins, anyway.

When are you inviting me over to see the chaos for myself?! Eliana can't wait to meet Hazel and Grace. She loooooooooooooves kids and babies.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think if your scrapping for your other kids comes out fairly evenly, the same should be true for your girls without deliberately trying. Plus, when they get older, they probably will appreciate variety across their albums, rather than having the same pages for both.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now I scrap pretty randomly. I'm sure I have gaps somewhere, not sure who has more pages, but I'm an overthinker. If I do a page of Chloe from a certain day, I have it in my head that Cait needs one too, not necessarily the same theme, or title, but I want to have one from the same play day, or event, or even just hanging around the house. Also, I'm a bad journaler...lol. I don't do much of it, and when I do, it's mostly on pages with both of them.
I want them to have the same amount of pages, making sure I don't leave out any special events for sure, but I'm going to wait until I get printed to double check on what I have and don't have. I still have about 100 or so los to print, then I'll organize.

Are you going to put pages of them together in their individual albums? Or do a separate album of los that have them both in it? If you did that, would you make 2 albums of those los? Or just print los that have them both in it for each of their books? LOL, I'm going to be watching this thread too, because I still go back and forth on how I want to organize my albums once I print(I print single pages, since I don't scrap chronologically).
Does any of that make sense, or am I rambling too much?

Last edited by breakingbrie; 02-13-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap randomly and don't even pay attention to how many LOs I have for each twin. I did want to make them each an album they can have when they are older but I haven't started that yet. I've been wanting to that for a looooong time now. UGH! I wonder if I will ever get it done! LOL!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love that Darcy and LeeAndra were right there for me with the YES you're overthinking....love you girls~

I'm really not worried about events or firsts or stuff like that - I know I'll do a page for each girl from Christmas, Easter, their first time having baby cereal etc. It's really the random more feeling driven pages that I want to make sure are relatively even. I guess the idea of doing that type of page for 1 and then doing the same page for the other feels disingenuous, so that's my concern. Knowing me I'll keep a little list on my computer to make sure I don't do a "pretty girl" layout for one and not the other (visions of Hazel looking through her album someday gasping - what???? mom? you don't think *I* was a pretty baby???? )

Brie - as far as album arrangement... I do a "baby album" for each of my kids that includes their first year. After that all layouts I do - even if they are specific to just one child - are filed in yearly albums. The girls' baby albums will be separate physical albums - not side by side pages for each of them. So there will definitely be layouts I print twice - one for each girl. And there will most probably be layouts that I duplicate for each girl and then change the journaling on to be more specific. But I don't want to duplicate a moments style or journaling driven layout that was made for an individual girl.

Those are my thoughts so far - I welcome more input!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My twins are 11 (boys) and I've been scrapping since they were born and I don't keep track. One of them is more goofy than the other so I do probably have more photos/pages of him. Neither one cares.

In the beginning...yes, I did keep it pretty even and that's the point you are coming from. But as time goes on, you'll see how individual they are, and won't worry about it so much.

I would say if you do a "pretty in pink" page for one and have a nagging feeling about needing to do one for the other girl, then go ahead and do it. Or that feeling will keep nagging you. But I wouldn't force pages in general or stages photos just to keep it even.

The only time I kept track of splitting pages evenly among my 4 boys is when I was being published - I always wanted to make sure they were fairly evenly published in magazines/books.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my boys are 8 and i just keep a family album and it's all mixed... i have random pages about them individually and loads of them together and together + sister, ya know? i don't worry about it too much... i just like having SOMETHING they can look back on.... and being a twin is a big part of their life.

xo

(aka L. Reid)

Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think scrapbooking isn't about numbers and balance, it's about having fun when preserving memories. Have you ever asked yourself the same questions with your other kids? I guess not. It's no different if these are twins. It's unrealistic to make the same number of LOs for everybody, so I'd say follow your inspiration and don't analyze too much. It's about enjoying oneself, not about stress. :-)
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=maryinaz;605994]My twins are 11 (boys) and I've been scrapping since they were born and I don't keep track. One of them is more goofy than the other so I do probably have more photos/pages of him. Neither one cares.

In the beginning...yes, I did keep it pretty even and that's the point you are coming from. But as time goes on, you'll see how individual they are, and won't worry about it so much.

I would say if you do a "pretty in pink" page for one and have a nagging feeling about needing to do one for the other girl, then go ahead and do it. Or that feeling will keep nagging you. But I wouldn't force pages in general or stages photos just to keep it even.

QUOTE]

My twin boys are 8 and I'd say this is pretty much my philosphy. If I do feel like I have scrapped one significantly less over a period of time, I usually look through my photos for one that speaks to me about the less-scrapped twin. Or if I've done an "I love you because" kind of layout, I keep that in the back of my mind and scrap one when I feel it. It goes through cycles, but I think it ends up fairly even.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When my identical twin boys were babies and toddlers I had many of the same types of pictures and many of their pages are nearly identical...same kit, same LO, sometimes same title even..but I usually tried to journal separately if I could. Now that they are getting older (5) I tend to have different photos of them doing different things and so the pages are no longer similar and I kind of like that. I think you should just go with you have at the moment and not worry about it so much. When they are much older they aren't going to be counting pages and comparing, yk?

In a way I think them seeing how similar they were as babies and now seeing how they are changing and becoming different is really good for them...they like to compare themselves...he wears glasses and I don't, I suck my thumb and he doesn't, etc..I think it helps with that individuality concept that is hard for identical twins sometimes, yk? Sorry, that was just some rambling...
Old 02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just totally had a mental image of Hazel and Grace at 20, sitting at the kitchen table with their albums and a notepad, making tally marks of who has more pages, and the subject matter, etc....
Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't you mock me MissKim! You of all people know I have issues!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have twins but my boys are only 14 months apart! I mix things up...sometimes I do a layout with them together, other times I do random pictures of just one boy. I *usually* (that's a big USUALLY, LO)L don't try and force the layouts so they match...except for P365 last year there was a lot of duplicating b/c I did TWO...one for each boy! CRAZY!!!!