Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default Confession thread:

Post 3 of your deepest, darkest confessions:

I'm a piler. An awful piler (or maybe a really good one since there are SO many all over the house?!?).

I adore canned chili.

I like to listen to Barry Manilow on occasion.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooh...I'm definitely a piler. Doesn't help that the kids leave junk and papers all over the house.

I go back to bed after my oldest goes to school while my 4 1/2 year old watches TV in the living room.

I'm always finding excuses why I can't makes a "real meal" that day. I just hate cooking.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I am a piler, too. I call it a clutterer though. lol

I spit. Everytime I go the bathroom, I feel the need to spit when I am washing my hands. I have no idea why.

My 3 year old watches way too much TV. I like background noise & I don't care if its cartoons or my kind of show.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm a paper hoarder (eventually i burn it but i keep it for awhile before i do)...

i gag all the time...if it smells funny, if it looks funny i gag (my family thinks i'm crazy)...

when i watch my son's kiddie tv shows i laugh more than he does (i think that may mean kids shouldn't really be watching them)...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Rachelle, yours made me giggle a little.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't see anything wrong with being a piler. (I knew there was some reason why I liked you gals so much). Oh, and here's a hint. I bought these boxes at Target that are see through and stack and are just a bit bigger than a piece of paper. I label them for their topic area, but in reality all I've done is boxed my piles. LOL!

Oh, and I'm a flopper/dropper too. Like when I come home I don't want to go into a closet and get a hanger and hang up my coat and close the door. It's not me. Not gonna happen. So, if anyone else is like me, may I recommend the Coat Hook/Tree. Organized Flopping!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a piler ... my house was overthrown and taken over by the Paper Monster! grrrrr

I am addicted to digi scrapbooking and do over 500 layouts a year ... and enjoy every minute of it!

As a result of this addiction ... I have a full CLOSET of scrapbooks that I have created (I used to be a paper scrapper) over the last 17 years!!! ...floor to ceiling scrapbooks ... with only 1 1/2 shelves not filled!

I love the VeggieTales much to my teenaged sons embarrassment ... who have banned me from owning the videos any longer or watching them in the house!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When Jeff is already out of bed, especially on a weekend when he has Tyler, I will sometimes pretend that I can't hear the baby when she wakes up and cries so that he will come get her out of her crib and let me sleep in a little longer. If he already has to be up for one kid, why not be up for the other one, too, and let me rest?! *lol*

Jeff and I (and by Jeff and I, I mean 75% me) go through 2 quarts of Crystal Light Fruit Punch approximately every 36 hours.

I DVR 'Days of Our Lives.'

*shew*

That felt good, Darcy. REAL good.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb - I think it's the best cartoon ever.

I do laundry but it rarely ever gets hung up or put in dressers - usually just stays in a pile and we all pick and choose from piles of clothes.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't pick up or wash dishes the night before/morning my helper comes (twice a week). If she didn't come to rescue us twice a week, we'd be white trash.

Sometimes I feed my kids Chips a hoy so I don't have to get up and find them something to eat.

I live in constant fear that my husband is going to come home and discover the house is a wreck and the kids are watching TV just so I can scrap.

I could make like twice the number of layouts I make now if I wasn't connected to the Internet.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm... you mean I have to admit, I can't live in denial anymore?

1. I'm like a camel regarding bathroom... I may only go once or twice during the day and every time I get home I have to go to the bathroom... nothing has changed, even with having a kid.

2. If I'm upset and no one is around to hear me out... I'll have a "conversation" with my Patti Bear... a big teddy bear that I got when I went off to college... she always agree with me!!

3. I can't stand milk that isn't ice cold... if not cold enough, I will put ice cubes in it...
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tettletop20 View Post
I enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb - I think it's the best cartoon ever.
That's no confession - that's the truth! We love it, too!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

umm, so I like Phineas & Ferb, too. I don't mind at all when N wants to watch that. I also think that Wizards show on Disney is kinda cute.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I have just recently admitted to my Adam Lambert obsession. I HATED him when he was on Idol, but now I have this really strange obsession with him. Like, watch (ok, DVR) every show he's on and my kids sing his songs.

I'm seriously addicted to being on line. I'm on pretty much all day, every day. My kids get taken care of and they are most certainly not neglected, but my laptop is normally open all day long.

I need routine. If I don't have it...I get VERY cranky. It drives me bonkers that my daughter is the same as me.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
I have just recently admitted to my Adam Lambert obsession. I HATED him when he was on Idol, but now I have this really strange obsession with him. Like, watch (ok, DVR) every show he's on and my kids sing his songs.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am giggling over here...

I don't sort socks...ever...can't stand it. If left up to me they would come out of the dryer, stay in a basket and everyone would grab thier own as they needed. Hubby can't stand that so he's the official sock sorter.

I sleep with 4 pillows...2 regular ones and 2 body size ones which then takes up most of our bed and I leave the hubby with tiny sliver of bed real estate to sleep on.

I iron my clothes every single day..I hate wrinkled clothes (but don't mind unsorted socks..go figure). I even just went and bought a new over the door ironing board because my old one is in the way in my bathroom.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I fold the clothes but keep them in the basket because there isn't room in the dresser. Cleaning out the dresser to make room would make way too much sense.

On Tue/Thur after I pick up my youngest we will sit in the car and wait 20-30 minutes for big brother to get out of school. It is much easier than trying to convince an extremely tired 4 year old to walk the 2 blocks to the school.

I make PMS/cramps seem like it is way worse than it really is for me. I need the day to lay around and not have anyone expect that I will get anything done.
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I eat way to many sweets....like way to many...like sometimes they replace my meals

I think Sean from The Sunny Side Up Show on Sprout TV is HOT!!!! Something about his geekyness just turns me on!!!

I feel like the most powerful woman in the world when I nurse C, I just feel so on top of the world that I could do anything, accomplish anything, be anything!!! It just gives me the best feeling in the world!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
I think Sean from The Sunny Side Up Show on Sprout TV is HOT!!!! Something about his geekyness just turns me on!!!
Me too! lol!!!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'm afraid of the dark and have to have a nightlight.

I sometimes skipped sentences when reading aloud to my son at bedtime so I could get him into bed faster - he can read now so that no longer works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBarrette View Post
1.) I hate talking to people on the phone and sometimes even IRL...if it can't be done by e-mail or over the internet my hubby has to take care of it. I wont even make doctors appointments or order a pizza.

I also don't like to talk on the phone with strangers - I loved it when I found that I can order Papa John's on-line.

I hate public speaking and ended up with a job where I have to talk in front of groups.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Post 3 of your deepest, darkest confessions:

I'm a piler. An awful piler (or maybe a really good one since there are SO many all over the house?!?).

I adore canned chili.

I like to listen to Barry Manilow on occasion.
Darcy, I love you. Right now I'm in the middle of trying to do something about my piles, but it's been a lost battle for years. I'm a piler if there ever was one. And what I needed to hear was that there were other people like me in this world! :-)

So.

1. I'm a piler. On the other hand, my CDs are thematically arranged and my clothes are sorted according to colour. So the mess is on the outside, not on the inside. :-)

2. I'm often to be found eating Crunchips at late evening hours. I can resist sweet stuff, but salty stuff... Not that much.

3. I'm supposed to be awfully intellectual, but I totally dig shallow dance music. In the past three years my Christmas preparation soundtrack was, respectively, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna and Lady Gaga. People who think I listen to Christmas music while doing all my thematic creations might be, eh, surprised. :-) I'm not even ashamed for this. :-)
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think rather than a "piler" I'm a "hider". I have boxes and boxes in our closets full of the stuff that usually would get piled up. I can't stand to see it so I hide it away in boxes rather than go through and sort it all. Then whenever we have to move I just usually toss them all out.

I too am addicted to dt. soft drinks. I drink between 3-5 dt. mt. dews a day...I am always aware of how many I have left in the house and I'm always sure to keep some emergency supply.

I am uber-conservative...and I like that way

I am a TOTAL germaphobe and wash my hands like a million times a day..kids too and if we go anywhere I wipe down anything we may touch with antibacterial wipes first..then we all use hand sanitizer. I make DH wash his hands as soon as he comes home from work before he can touch anything..including me or the kids

My house usually smells like clorox or pine sol

Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I think rather than a "piler" I'm a "hider". I have boxes and boxes in our closets full of the stuff that usually would get piled up. I can't stand to see it so I hide it away in boxes rather than go through and sort it all. Then whenever we have to move I just usually toss them all out.
Ooooh Nikki this is totally me!! Only we never move. So we just have lots of crap in boxes. Forever. lol It's high time we go through our attic and closets and just purge stuff.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't fold laundry or make beds either, lol.

I'm a horrible eavesdropper!! Like baaaaaddd. When we go out to dinner we usually don't converse very much because I'm too busy listening to the conversations going on around me. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to add my own little bit of advice/opinions/thoughts to other people's conversations.

My kids make their own breakfast almost daily and unless it's candy or pop/soda.. I rarely object. They often make sandwiches for breakfast, pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles, etc.

I'm a digi scrap hoarder!! I have stuff in my collection from WAY back when Gina Miller was at Scrapbook-Bytes that I just cannot bring myself to delete.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

omg...I LOVE this thread

1. I am a cat lover!!! if I could have 20 I would....and I make DD {16} clean the cat boxes as one of her chores because I HATE doing it!!! we currently have 7 cats

2. I use fowl language around my kids WAY TOO MUCH...but figure I am a sailor, so I am excused

3. I try not to have my kids have sleepovers because I alawys feel like my house is not clean enough and don't want to kids to think it's a pig sty! and really, it isn't that bad we just don't have enough space for 6 people in a 1200 sq foot house! {we live in gov't housing}

I have to add one more.....DH and I are both computer addicted...when we get home, I get on my laptop, he gets on his desk and we ask the kids what movie they want to watch {but I do make sure they get feed and baths in between!}
Old 01-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

you girls are cracking me up! and you are all seriously sick in the head. i didn't relate to one single one. (*cough* i'm a liar *cough*)

1. i am a compulsive windex user. i use it on everything. it's an illness. (omg. i'm going to poison my family.)

2. i've lied about my kids age before when getting into disneyland to save the $20. (omg. i'm going to prison.)

3. every blue moon, i pawn my children off on my parents so dennis and i can go out and eat yummy food. we feed them sandwiches and soup before we go. (omg. i'm going to hell.)

4. i'm a flaming right-winger. i want to get a permanent sign in my front yard that says "capitalism is practiced here". (omg. i rock.) LMAO!!!

5. i use the word "douchebag" far too frequently.

Last edited by lizzyfizzy; 01-25-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
4. i'm a flaming right-winger. i want to get a permanent sign in my front yard that says "capitalism is practiced here". (omg. i rock.) LMAO!!!
Plant one of those suckers in my yard too!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
1. We live out of clean-laundry baskets. They are in the bedrooms and by the washer. I don't ever put laundry away. Its just how it is in our house and I've come to accept it.
I am so glad I'm not the only one.

Quote:
I have huge frustrations with my lack of a career. I never in a million years thought I'd go from graduating from college with honors to being a housewife. I honestly hate going to events where I get asked "so what do you do?" or "what have you been up to?" because I feel like the biggest loser in the world for not having something cool to say. *sigh**cue mid-life crisis at the tender age of 27*
That's ironic, because I work full-time, not entirely by choice (I'd rather be part-time), and feel like when I go to events, I need to apologize for the fact that I'm not a SAHM. Most of the people in my circle are SAHMs.

Last edited by Kara; 01-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Can I just say that I am thrilled to see all of these laundry-challenged people?!!! I thought it was just me being a lazy-ass. I love washing the clothes since we got this awesomely huge front loader....but I just can't bring myself to fold them and put them away. They sit in baskets for days until my housekeepers come. I now PAY them to fold my laundry. And sometimes, after that, I STILL don't put them away. It drives my husband crazy. He has had several "interventions" with me....and I just can't do it. I think I need a 12-step program for laundry.

I would just rather be scrapping/designing than dealing with the laundry!

Susan

Last edited by Susan Bartolini; 01-24-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am also a piler (hubby's number 1 complaint!)

I LOVE crime shows- especially real ones (documentary style)

I'm addicted to chocolate and refuse to give it up

I don't floss like I should

I spend too much time on the computer, and even when I do, I'm not being "productive"

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post

I LOVE crime shows- especially real ones (documentary style)
Me too! I watch the ID channel all the time!! Have you ever seen it? Dateline and 48 hrs on ID, Deadly Women, Wicked Attraction...seriously it is on my TV all the time when I am home!