Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Photobook - WITL 2012 - what would you do?

I am finally putting my Week In The Life 2012 in a photo book thanks to Shutterfly's free photo book offer that expires tomorrow. I have to get it all submitted by tomorrow. Thankfully most of it was done using Traci Reed's templates and I've only had to fill in a little bit of journaling. However, I only have 14 pages worth. What can I do in the other pages I have available? I don't have notes to go by - I don't think I can just delete those pages from the book. Any ideas so my book doesn't have a bunch of blank pages in the back???

Also, if anyone has done WITL and did an album can you show me your cover and title pages? I still need to create those.

TIA!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What about blowing up your favorite photo from each day to a full page?

I used Nettio's templates for my cover page for WITL 2013. Here's a screengrab of the covers/title. I still haven't printed though, waiting for a sale. http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20140324-9opz-169kb
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Umm... maybe news stories? Price of gas, bread, etc. Favorite celebrities, movies, tv shows, etc.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately my PC crashed and I lost everything and never got to finish my book darnnit, but here is an add in page I did...

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...page-3&cat=500

I would also consider a blow up full page pic of a fave pic and maybe a page split into four big pics... maybe take some pics around the house or your area to add to show how things can change in the future.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For my WITL, I did a page of each family members on what their favs were.

How about pictures of your neighborhood... places of work/school... favorite eateries, shopping places... I'm sure in a few years, all that will different.

I better get my butt going and get my PL 2011 loaded to Shutterfly and printed, too, I have the same coupon. I need to do a cover and title page, too... ugh. Guess what I'll be doing later...
Old 03-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Trying to go back and finish the last day - Saturday. Of course I just cleaned out my hard drive and no longer have the number set I used. I'm copying them off of other pages to use. So glad I save my unflattened PSDs and JPGs both!!!

I'm thinking I'll do a simple cover page and then for the back, 1 big pic of each of us with our age and interests. I included pictures of the schools, neighborhood, etc within my week. Love the ideas everyone shared!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like you may have figured it all out already, but here are my cover and title page for AWITL and another cover from a vacation album that would also work well for AWITL.

I'm also in the middle of expanding an album from 14 to 20 pages to use my coupon. I originally printed a vacation album for us at Adorama, where the standard album is 14 pages. I'm going to print my parents a copy with the Shutterfly coupon. I'm adding a few pages with enlarged photos and a single page with a list of highlights from the week (probably photoless).
Old 03-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Here's my cover:
Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I went with a cover similar to Ripal, but with a white background, which is what I used throughout.

Rachel - I love your cover! Next time I'm going fancy like that! This time I kept it super simple.

I got it finished and submitted early this morning. I greatly appreciate the help!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Juli, I remember working on my cover the day before my coupon was expiring! lol Simple was the way to go! Usually, cover gets neglected until you really HAVE to work on, which is the night of the coupon expiration.