Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > 2017 Sweet Little Holiday Party

Old 12-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Best gift - my engagement ring!
Worst gift - vacuums... after being married now for over 20 years, I get vacuums for Christmas. ugh.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember anything that makes a good story, usually I have received good gifts, the more weird, was a present that I received when I was in high school, our teacher organized a Christmas gifts' exchange as part of our little celebration, and a classmate gave me a Digestive cookie packet without wrapped in paper, I guess he absolutely forgot and took the first thing from his kitchen hehehe
Old 12-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

my grandma got me an metal office garbage can and dustban... when I was 6 ? lol
Old 12-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

These are all great!

One funny story comes to mind, I had found the perfect gift for my mom one year and was so excited (it was a Raggedy Ann doll, hers burned up in a house fire when she was younger and she never replaced it). She was waiting for a phone call from my brother who was on a mission for the church (2 years in Chile and only two phone calls home a year so you can imagine she was anxious). Right as she was opening my gift the phone rang. She was so excited she threw the gift and ran for the phone. Thankfully it wasn't breakable but I still harass my brother because he just had to have the worst timing of all. Thankfully she did love the present but I will never forget her choosing the phone call over my gift. (laughs).
Old 12-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine was from my parents, when I was a teenager I was obsessed with 4x4 lifted trucks and I would ask and ask for one for christmas. story short I did get one but it was a miniature toy one! 😂😂
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

The worst gifts that I ever received were from my mother and my grandmother. For whatever reason, they would always give me clothing that THEY would wear, but was totally not my style at all. I would always be grateful and then get rid of it as soon as possible lol
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

as a child I loved playing cowgirl, I would pretend the fire hydrant near my house was my pony and i would "ride" the plains. For Christmas i received an official Roy Rogers double holster and guns. This was my most prized possession and wore them everywhere. I have fond memories of this present from Santa.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I can't think of any terrible gifts I've received. I can thank my poor memory for doing me that favor.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:34 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have any bad gifts or funny stories, I love Christmas and have always received nice gifts. I think my all time favorite Christmas memory from when I was a child was when I was about 9 or so and my parents said that they didn't have much money for Christmas gifts. We got a really small tree that year and on Christmas morning my sisters and I awoke to see many presents from Santa. All three of us got Strawberry Shortcake dolls and other wonderful gifts. To this day it is one of my best memories.

I love to give gifts and make sure that my kiddos and hubby have a very happy and magical Christmas.

I loved reading everyone's stories. <3
Old 12-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

The "worst" gift I received from my husband was a set of cooking pots. (1) I don't like cooking (2) I didn't ask for them. (3) They didn't make me happy. Told him that a cash card would be fine and I could buy my own present.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I guess I've always had good luck with Christmas presents - nothing's been too weird. The "worst" (and it's more the saddest) was the first Christmas I spent away from family, as I couldn't get off work. My mom got me a bunch of really nice clothes, none of which fit or were even my style. If it were just a style thing, I wouldn't have said anything, but I couldn't even try with them. Opening them alone didn't help either. Luckily, my mother is a saint and returned them all, and told me to pick out my gift instead. I ordered the Marvel Cinematic Phase 1 collector set on her behalf, and made sure to gush about how much I loved my replacement gift.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:58 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

What a hilarious topic! Iíve enjoyed reading what everyone has written & Iíve even chuckled out loud with some of the funny ones.
This time of year is my absolute favorite. I love the decorating & baking & wrapping & caroling, etc. Iím usually the one that gives great & thoughtful gifts. Unfortunately I canít say Iíve received any super awful or funny presents that I can remember.
Thanks everyone for sharing your stories!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Mine was from a few years ago. DH and I went to a party featuring a white elephant gift exchange. We took fairly mediocre gifts, but ended up with I think a giftcard with a fair amount on it and a really nice knife set and one or 2 other nice things. Everyone else looked on with jealousy, saying we made out like bandits lol! We laughed all the way home!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My best gift was dolphin snow globe from cousin she never give one to me for ages
Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I've never really gotten any terrible Christmas presents, but when I was a kid, I was sometimes regifted the same gift multiple years in a row. :lol: My parents used to keep a gift box upstairs in our attic where they would store random things they purchased throughout the year at clearance sales. They didn't have any specific plans about who to give these things to, but if they found a really good deal on something, they would buy as many copies as they could, figuring that they would find a use for them someday. My mom would usually pull out a few of these items each year to put in our stockings. So, for example, I might get a makeup set one year, then the next year get the exact same set because my mom had forgotten that she already gave it to me once. :lol: And she would still have ten more waiting up in the attic! We all just smiled and rolled our eyes whenever this happened.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Whe don.t give gifts with christmas . So i dont have a funny of worst gived . Whe do give gigts with sinterklaas the funniest one where 50 badducks
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm lucky with gifts especially from DH as he makes me choose them LOL otherwise he says I will hate them. But before he took that wise decision I got some stuff it's been in my drawer like forever, unopened, like expensive skin creams or makeup that I don't use, glad he's grown wise and this year I'll be getting some Pandora LOL
Old 12-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a cousin who is known to be frugal when it comes to gift giving. One year, she gave our family a kitchen towel and table runner. It is obvious they were from the dollar store based on the quality of the material. My aunt told me a story that my cousin gave her a used perfume (box was opened) that didn't smell good at all.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I grew up where we just got once or twice a year some snow in the winter, and to get it on Christmas day was almost once in a lifetime. When I was about 12 years old we got snow on Christmas day & I couldn't go outside because I had the measles, that was pure torture! I just could watch my sisters having all the fun while I had to stay inside!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

One year my husband bought me a steering wheel cover for my car, as the old one had worn out, even though I had said I didn't want to replace it... needless to say I never did use it.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

One year my husband bought me a set of kitchen knives, a tea towel and a mug. Oh and a dvd player for 'me' aka the home.
I was not amused. He was lucky not to be on the receiving end of one of the knives!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't remember many "bad" Christmas gifts, but one year my grandparents gave everyone weird "clothes": my female cousins and I got hats and ski socks, and my male cousins got underwear! LOL We the girls started to open ours first, so the guys were chanting "put it on, put it on" everytime we opened on of those presents... All the time, my grandma was laughing and we understood why when the first boy opened up his package!

Signature created using "Mr And Mrs" by Digilicious Designs
Old 12-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

A couple of years ago, I saw mommy kissimg Santa Claus was playing. Hubby exclaimed, I get it!!! Dad was Santa Claus!!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
LOL

I have an aunt that sometimes can give the craziest gifts. One Christmas we had the theme of homemade christmas. She gave me a pink sweater that she knit... when she was in highschool. ( think 40 plus years ago) It was huge, like past my knees huge and so ugly she thought that I would like it to actually wear because I was pregnant at the time and it would fit over my belly!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we don't really give gifts to each other in our family (there are still presents under the tree for the kids though ) but i think the best gift we have will be for this year, if everything goes well, we'll be moving to our own new house

CTing for Brook Magee, Amber Shaw, Cindy Schneider, Jady Day Studio, Meghan Mullens, Two Tiny Turtles and Traci Reed
Old 12-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A mousepad. With photos of people I donít know!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't think of any bad gifts I've received, besides white elephant gifts, which are meant to be that way! Last year at a Christmas Party I received Chicken Poop Lip Balm as my white elephant gift! It was hilarious, but I never actually used it!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Dec 7 - Worst/Funniest Christmas Gift Received

Hello! I was surprised one year by a Christmas gift from my brother -in-law.. a men's shirt extra extra large and extra tall. My brother-in-law is well over six feet tall. I really think he forgot a Christmas gift for me and just wrapped a shirt he had actually gotten for himself so I would have something to open at the family get together. When I realized what the gift was and that he didn't say anything like it was not the right gift, I reassured him that I appreciated the gift and liked my shirts to fit a little big so they would be more comfy. I ended up giving the shirt to me husband and he wore it a few times, although it was a bit big and too long for him too.

Thank you for the lovely papers!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to marnel

I got a men's Nautica sweater. My husband said it could be Unisex.
I said, I love you but not wearing that!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My husband's family plays Dirty Santa game each year and one year I received a red plastic purse with a picture of a bull dog in a Santa hat on the outside. We re-gifted the purse the following year and it has been going around the family for about 15 years!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I donít think Iíve ever gotten any bad presents, but my mother in law has a tradition of getting me ďuglyĒ pajamas every year, haha. She does her best to find the goofiest ones she can. Iíve received footed pjs with fox heads on the feet, Christmas grinch pjs, super bright neon zigzag striped pjs, ugly sweater Christmas minion pjs, and one piece nutcracker pjs with a butt flap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My most awkward Christmas gift was a throw blanket I received one year that I had previously seen being used at my in-laws house
Old 12-09-2017, 01:41 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I honestly don't remember any bad/weird gift, so or I am a very lucky gal or it was something sooo awful I just removed it, lol :-P I would go for the best gift then: I have 2 beatifulamazingfantasticgorgeoushandsome nephews, the oldest was born on december 10, 15 years ago (yes, his b-day tomorrow!), what a Christmas!
{..:: daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. Sicilia♥Argentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister ::..}
Old 12-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

One year, maybe ten years ago, my mom put a pack of Arbonne diet chews in my stocking and labeled them as from my husband. She never said a thing about it; it wasn't a joke (my mom doesn't really have a sense of humor). I don't even know what she was thinking, aside from (apparently) that I needed to lose weight. Definitely the worst gift I've ever gotten.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for playing along! All PM's have been sent. Let me know if you haven't received it. Some of you have a full inbox and I won't be able to send you the link until you cleared it out.