Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I have 94 pictures from yday that made the editing "cut" ruhow. lol
Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I have 94 pictures from yday that made the editing "cut" ruhow. lol
guess you'll have more then 2 pages for yesterday! lol

Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

LOL well some are duplicates of the same thing but still, it's gonna be interesting!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today's photos (the broken image is of the shave ice place I went to - no idea why it's not showing up).
Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My children have taken to calling this "picture week" and are now asking to have their pictures taken!

I'm also loving the snip tool in Windows 7 to get PNG screen shots! Wish I'd know of this before!!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

anyone else now struggling to take pictures of things you haven't already taken pics of? As soon as my kit is finished I'm going to try to get out of the house and do some errands simply for the photo value. LOL
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ohhhh a new Juile kit!

Yes. But I guess since it is something I do daily (lunch, laundry) it needs to be documented. I just try to add a little variety in how I take the picture. Turn the camera vertical, take a picture of the ingredients instead of the actual meal, use more bokeh, etc.

I have tried (but not succeed yet) of getting one where I focus on something in the kitchen and then use the timer. I want to get the fridge in focus and have me moving around in a blur. Still working on it. Because really when it comes time to feed the kids I am usually running in between the micro, fridge, table and stove.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 15 pictures for Monday, 10 for Tuesday and so far 6 for today. Yay!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Julie, I just keep snapping photos. My problem is I have WAY too many. I just got done doing a my first 2 page template for Monday.....almost 80 pictures cut down to TWELVE! I think I almost had a panic attack. I am going to have to figure out my game plan.......each day may need 4 pages instead of two.

I will admit that today I have taken less photos than the previous two days.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thinking of having a few pages at the end that are just photos pages. No journaling except for maybe a title. I have way too many photos! I am going to document the main parts of our day and leave the everyday photos for the end.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
I'm thinking of having a few pages at the end that are just photos pages. No journaling except for maybe a title. I have way too many photos! I am going to document the main parts of our day and leave the everyday photos for the end.
That is a great idea! I may do that because I wasn't thrilled about doing 4 pages per day! Yeah Amanda! You are my HERO! For real.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
I'm also loving the snip tool in Windows 7 to get PNG screen shots! Wish I'd know of this before!!
How to do this???? I wish I would have planned ahead more for this project. I think my day to day pics will be a small # & boring but I'm more excited about a page(s) dedicated to this week & just my selfish loves/thoughts/goals....everything on my mind this week. & hoping to use some fun stuff I've pinned on pinterest incorporated too.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been planning my layouts (and I just wanna do a spread per day) but man I'm averaging about 80 photos/day. I also realized I'll be having a lot of journaling (no surprise, I do like to blab a lot on my layouts) so I'll be splitting it into smaller bits to go on individual cards, or as captions for photos. I also have a LOT of screenshots, lol.

I'm planning on maybe having one big consolidated area for tweets I loved during the day.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh I was thinking of this too! Maybe a collection of random photos I love or consolidating all my favorite moments, still thinking about it
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea of a photo page or four at the end. I've got some other random pages planned to include as well. I want to include a 'family' interview for each person, a LO our favorite music/tv/etc right &/or top 40 lists.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
I love the idea of a photo page or four at the end. I've got some other random pages planned to include as well. I want to include a 'family' interview for each person, a LO our favorite music/tv/etc right &/or top 40 lists.
OH, I like this idea also!!! You girls inspire me!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkstew2 View Post
How to do this???? I wish I would have planned ahead more for this project. I think my day to day pics will be a small # & boring but I'm more excited about a page(s) dedicated to this week & just my selfish loves/thoughts/goals....everything on my mind this week. & hoping to use some fun stuff I've pinned on pinterest incorporated too.
I was quickly running out of ideas for pictures which is what led me to want to snip! Hit the start button and in the search box type Snip. It will bring up the program. Right click and either pin to start menu or pin to task bar (so it's always handy). When you click on the tool, you just drag around the area you want to keep and you can save as jpg, png or something else. easy peasy.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today's photos. We got to go to the ER! Yay! /sarcasm

Little dude dislocated his right elbow after falling 12" from the bookcase (not the photos you see - after I removed him from the bookcase he decided to hang from the top and his hands slipped. He didn't cry at first but a little bit later I looked up and he was sitting down whimpering and holding his right wrist with his left hand).

Hobby Lobby has their big Christmas tree up. Oy!

And cleaning the playroom took me a good 2.5 hours. The rest of the house is a disaster but the playroom is finally mostly clean!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love the idea of a bunch of photos on a couple pages at the end. Thank you.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I think this thread should have started last week so we could prepare. LOL. I've gotten a bunch of good ideas from you ladies.

I had to share this pic because I am just in love with it.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Arrrggghhhh!!! DH took my camera to work this morning!!!! He's climbing some towers today & need to get shots from the top in various direction to work out where to point the equipment. He needs my 55-300mm lens to get the best shots.

So I am stuck with my camera phone today
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

That's a gorgeous picture!

Grrrr Stacey!!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so jealous of everyone who is taking a ton of photos...I'm trying to get my mom to take pictures of my son during the day...yesterday she forgot (gotta love her anyway)...by the time I got home I got a few pictures but I was so bummed I wanted to quit last night but I'm going to try to make the pictures I got work...Today's a new day!

BTW...great pictures and layouts so far everyone...
Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rachelle, I'm not getting pictures of my kids day either :-( BUT I'm trying to remember that they will think its fun to see what my week days are like because they don't get to see that part of me either.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Last year, Karsten was in school so I didn't get to see his day either ...think of it more as an AAM project if that's the case...
Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a moment of growth as a person today, guys!! After swimming, I came to my car to find out that the car next to me parked so close leaving me like 6 inches to open the driverside door, thus forcing me to crawl in from the passenger side.... but because it was AWITL and if I would have left a nasty note on the driver's window (like every bone in my body wanted too), I would have had to document that!! I can't let future generations know about my road rage issues... instead I just took a photo of the closeness of the vehicle... and sadly no note... however - if it happens again next week...
Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I had a moment of growth as a person today, guys!! After swimming, I came to my car to find out that the car next to me parked so close leaving me like 6 inches to open the driverside door, thus forcing me to crawl in from the passenger side.... but because it was AWITL and if I would have left a nasty note on the driver's window (like every bone in my body wanted too), I would have had to document that!! I can't let future generations know about my road rage issues... instead I just took a photo of the closeness of the vehicle... and sadly no note... however - if it happens again next week...
BAHAHAHAHA!!!! Hysterical Rebecca. You are a gal after my own heart.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

BWAHAHAHAHA Rebecca!!

I finally scrapped my Monday!

I was so daunted by the number of photos I took that it took forever to get to the scrapping point!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I just got Monday done, too.

Scrapping ANYTHING takes FOR.EV.ER lately b/c I need some major memory in my computer again. Drives me insane.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My computer is acting up too. It wouldn't let me save the 12 x 24 layout, so then I tried to split it into two and somehow screwed something up so I had to redo the one side, but now they don't match up. Ugh. Whatevs. I just got all my photos uploaded and am hoping to scrap something tonight.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I didn't take any pictures yesterday... I was thinking of doing double layouts but I'm not sure about that now.. I could but I don't have enough to say about yesterday to cover two pages.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof3 View Post
So I didn't take any pictures yesterday... I was thinking of doing double layouts but I'm not sure about that now.. I could but I don't have enough to say about yesterday to cover two pages.
could you take photos of things your family uses? what type of shampoo and soap? laundry soup? kiddo's favorite toys? fav tv shows? etc? So not so much about the day, but a slice of life from a different angle for your family.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a question--and my anecdote for today.

How do you document the "bad stuff?" The hubs and I got into a fight (one of those silent treatment sort of things) so ofcourse we haven't been talking as we usually do. I just scribbled "feeling bleh bec Mark was [insert insult of choice]"

Then he wanted to go out to dinner because he reeeeeally wanted roast chicken. I wasn't hungry but oh well, I'll go because at least it gets me out of the house. The hilarious thing is once he got his food he automatically set them up to be photographed (because I've been shooting our meals all week)! And I just automatically took photos!

You'd think this would break the ice, but it didn't. Now we're back home and not speaking again.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I write it as it is - maybe label it "What sucked today" or "The bad thing about today". There was one really really bad day when I did AWITL back in 2008 & all I had pictured was 1 photo. One photo and that was it
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
could you take photos of things your family uses? what type of shampoo and soap? laundry soup? kiddo's favorite toys? fav tv shows? etc? So not so much about the day, but a slice of life from a different angle for your family.
That would work. The kids did watch more TV then usual yesterday. We spent the morning at doctors appointments, Rachel got a lab done, picking up meds, giving the the right child the right medicine (yeah DH almost gave Troy Lilly's meds), keeping the kids happy, separated and trying to clean up the mess that having them all sick made.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshobbes View Post
Here's a question--and my anecdote for today.

How do you document the "bad stuff?" The hubs and I got into a fight (one of those silent treatment sort of things) so ofcourse we haven't been talking as we usually do. I just scribbled "feeling bleh bec Mark was [insert insult of choice]"

Then he wanted to go out to dinner because he reeeeeally wanted roast chicken. I wasn't hungry but oh well, I'll go because at least it gets me out of the house. The hilarious thing is once he got his food he automatically set them up to be photographed (because I've been shooting our meals all week)! And I just automatically took photos!

You'd think this would break the ice, but it didn't. Now we're back home and not speaking again.
Oh Lexi.....I am in the same boat today. Hubs and I got into an argument last night and I had such hurt feelings that I slept on the couch. AND he is ignoring me today. I am so glad I have a girlfriend to meet for dinner later because I am about to loose it and that is my light at the end of the tunnel.
The dumb thing is..........the fight was ridiculous. I mean, totally wasn't worth the fight. BUT, he won't return my calls, text, emails.......he is totally ignoring me. Frustrating to say the least. I am not even mad.....now I am just really sad that something so silly caused this big of an issue.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not the same as documenting a fight but my hubby was out of town last night so I took a pic of his empty side of the bed. Maybe you could take a picture of something that you normally have or do but don't have at the moment. Like an empty text screen?

I just finished Monday's layouts. It took me 2 days! I think narrowing down the photos took the longest. Towards the end of the layout I was tired of looking at it so I said screw the elements. Mine will mainly be photos and paper. LOL!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
the fight was ridiculous. I mean, totally wasn't worth the fight. BUT, he won't return my calls, text, emails.......he is totally ignoring me. Frustrating to say the least. I am not even mad.....now I am just really sad that something so silly caused this big of an issue.
That's us, Tara! Well, we sort of started talking near bedtime, but he stayed up late last night in his office so we didn't talk before bed as we normally do. But I woke up around 3AM to crazy pounding rain and just cuddled close to him.

Quote:
Not the same as documenting a fight but my hubby was out of town last night so I took a pic of his empty side of the bed. Maybe you could take a picture of something that you normally have or do but don't have at the moment. Like an empty text screen?
That's a great idea, Amanda. I did take a photo of me in bed but I could indicate that his side was empty.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just did my Monday layouts. I'm working on Tuesdays right now. Tuesdays is bitter sweet because I spent the whole day with Rachel in the hospital.

ETA - Tuesdays are done

Last edited by SweetMelissa; 07-30-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

One thing I DID screenshot...

Finny's famous!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I saw that! Too cute! I took a screenshot of me paying bills online.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just downloaded tues-fri pics. Um I have only 33 for Thursday and about half of those are blurry or bad angles. I guess we didn't do much on Thursday. LOL! I have noticed that as the week goes along I have less pictures each day.

I hope next year this happens during the fall.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wooohooo! I finally got to choose and edit photos for my Monday-Friday. Then I finished my Monday layout. Holy heck but it took me four hours to do it!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

so how far has everyone got to scrapping their LO's?? I am working on Thursday but have all of my pictures uploaded and in their folders
Old 08-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I only have Monday done!! LOL I have all my photos taken but I really need to sit down and figure out what was important enough to scrap..
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I can totally relate to that Traci!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I only have Monday done!! LOL I have all my photos taken but I really need to sit down and figure out what was important enough to scrap..
^^ This exactly. At least I've chosen my photos and done edits already, but OMG it took me four hours to do Monday's spread so I'm bit skeeered to touch the rest lol
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Amanda, I'm doing it.. but I decided to do the week of August 14th. Ideally I'd like to pick a week every three months or so and do it, but we'll see lol
Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

still working on my first spread
Old 08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
Amanda, I'm doing it.. but I decided to do the week of August 14th. Ideally I'd like to pick a week every three months or so and do it, but we'll see lol
I might re-do it sometime in August. I did alright for about half the week, and then I fell apart once we got to the beach, lol. I thought I could keep up on vacation, but I was wrong. By mid-august I hope to feel more human again too, which would be nice.