Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default December Daily 2017

Who is giving it a go this year?
How many years have you participated? Are those years complete?
What is your strategy for this year?
Do you create foundation pages?
Digital or Traditional or Hybrid?
3 Ring album? Other Album? Printed book?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I almost have my 2017 Foundation Pages complete. I use up the paper stash that I couldn't let go of and create a paper scrapbook with all sorts of page sizes and fun stuff! Since I am a digital scrapbooker now playing with paper this one time of year is so much fun for me! I think this is my 8th year. I think I have 1 album that is incomplete. In years past I have done 100% digital but really love for my DD album to be a hodge podge of supplies and super chunky!

You can see some samples of my DD Albums here:
http://www.kristalundphotography.com/blog/?s=december

Please share yours!
Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not doing DD but just wanted to say that I love those DD of yours Krista. I've looked through some years and they all look beautiful and so fun.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started a few times but only completed and printed one. I am thinking about doing one again this year but not sure how I am going to do it. I have a 20 year old and a dog so December is not real exciting for me.

I was considering doing a favourite thing about each day in December but again, not quite sure what that will look like or if I can do it. If I do it will be digital.

Krista I love yours!!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Maybe you can scrap a page about your Christmas tree, how you spend Christmas, how you spend the after Christmas, your Christmas wishes, maybe even your dog dressed up for Christmas, a page about buying gifts, Christmas shopping, the lyrics of your favorite Christmas song, you favorite Christmas movies, random Christmas faves, some Christmas traditions etc... You don't always have to include photos. You could do photoless layouts as well.

That's how I would do it, I think...

Old 11-07-2017, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Maybe you can scrap a page about your Christmas tree, how you spend Christmas, how you spend the after Christmas, your Christmas wishes, maybe even your dog dressed up for Christmas, a page about buying gifts, Christmas shopping... You don't always have to include photos. You could do photoless layouts as well.

That's how I would do it, I think...
Sara, I honestly am impressed if I get my tree up and decorated before the 20th of December, lol. As for gifts everyone is at the age and/or stage where it is gift cards or cash.
I'm not worried about photos or the items you suggested as those are what I included before but it's more about having something to write about/photograph/scrap about daily.

I ma trying something for this month and I will see how that goes, if all well I may have a daily November album rather than December
Old 11-07-2017, 12:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I totally understand!
But having a November Daily album is fun as well!

Old 11-07-2017, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've started one but never finished it. I get going in the comotion of the holidays and the activites and end up forgetting about it. I think it would be good to have foundation pages in place so you can just plug in journaling and pictures. I'll probably try again this year with foundation pages and see how it goes.

Here is one page I did from 2015 trying to keep it simple. I may try this setup again.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I want to go back and do our past christmas years!

I am NOT a chronological scrapper - I am not someone who like recording things per day or per week - I like having things in order but if I were to do a project like this it would just be to document the entire month - not per day. Some days we don't do anything worth documenting and I don't want to feel badly about that kwim? Some days we do SO much and I'd want way more than one page in a book to show all the things

(sorry.. i didn't answer any of your questions hahaha) I do love the idea of hybrid for december stuff because like you it's such a fun thing to have full and chunky
Old 11-07-2017, 01:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Some days we don't do anything worth documenting and I don't want to feel badly about that kwim? Some days we do SO much and I'd want way more than one page in a book to show all the things
Yes, this! I think that may be my problem too. If I have these foundation pages for me to plug stuff in, I may have more pics than another day and so the foundation page wouldn't work.

I like the idea of not really doing it per day and just document whatever memories happen during the whole month.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Me. Well technically my daughter. I bought her the Ali Edwards' kiddie December Daily package, traditional. Then I plan to incorporate what she will do on my project life and then just add mine's.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I'm not doing DD but just wanted to say that I love those DD of yours Krista. I've looked through some years and they all look beautiful and so fun.
Thank you!! I don't know what it is about DD...I just love it! Maybe because I love the Holidays!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
I've started one but never finished it. I get going in the comotion of the holidays and the activites and end up forgetting about it. I think it would be good to have foundation pages in place so you can just plug in journaling and pictures. I'll probably try again this year with foundation pages and see how it goes.

Here is one page I did from 2015 trying to keep it simple. I may try this setup again.
Very pretty page!
I found the key to my success was being prepared. When I did digital I would gather and organize all the digi supplies I planned to use in one folder and only pull from that as opposed to having to search for product for every LO.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I want to go back and do our past christmas years!

I am NOT a chronological scrapper - I am not someone who like recording things per day or per week - I like having things in order but if I were to do a project like this it would just be to document the entire month - not per day. Some days we don't do anything worth documenting and I don't want to feel badly about that kwim? Some days we do SO much and I'd want way more than one page in a book to show all the things

(sorry.. i didn't answer any of your questions hahaha) I do love the idea of hybrid for december stuff because like you it's such a fun thing to have full and chunky
My page don't necessarily go with what we did on that day (ie page 9 may or may not be about what we did on Dec 9th). I rather tell 25 (or so) stories of December.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Me. Well technically my daughter. I bought her the Ali Edwards' kiddie December Daily package, traditional. Then I plan to incorporate what she will do on my project life and then just add mine's.
What a fun idea! I can't wait to see what you both create!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
My page don't necessarily go with what we did on that day (ie page 9 may or may not be about what we did on Dec 9th). I rather tell 25 (or so) stories of December.
I do love that idea!! I love those big numbers that people use so i'd want to find a way to incorporate them LOL!
Old 11-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I call mine a holiday album because I don't do anything daily. Mine goes from Thanksgiving to New Years and includes everything holiday or month specific related. Some year's there's a hybrid aspect to it, others totally digital. I try to include "thankfuls" from the family on Thanksgiving and those are often handwritten.

My recent ones are 3 ring binder type because I move stuff around. I've done them in some form for almost 10 years. Because they are not daily, I don't do any sort of foundation pages.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Anyone who doesn't want to do daily should join me and Lynnette in Holiday Faves. It's my favorite way to document the holidays
Old 11-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am thinking of doing Holiday Faves like Lynnette & Jennifer. I had done a few December Daily projects, but I love Holiday Faves better, because I don't have to feel forced to do something every single day just to document it.
Here is one of my pages for last year's album:

You can view the rest of my album here: https://www.pinterest.com/nietis/holiday-faves-2016/
Old 11-07-2017, 09:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do a December Daily-inspired Christmas album that I call Countdown to Christmas. Mine runs from the weekend after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day and includes whatever Christmas-themed activities or stories happen between. I number the stories not the days or dates.

It's my favorite part & project of the year so yes, I'm definitely doing it again. I have never done foundation pages especially since a lot of the SSD designers don't release their kits or collections *cough KCB cough* until Black Friday which is a day or two before I start mine. I always do digital, and I don't do pocket pages.

This year my goal is to incorporate pretty non-functional pages, like big quotes, and pages of different sizes (so scrapping smaller sizes, slapping them on a full-size background with white, & then cutting the page to true size after I have the book printed) into my album. I'm debating doing 8x8 (well, scrapping 12x12 but printing 8x8) or a different/rectangular size. I've done both in the past with mixed results.

My DDs from 2011, 2012, & 2013 are done & printed. My DD from 2014 needs to be done. My DDs from 2015 & 2016 are done but not printed.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post

Love it Mary! Love the clean look and blocking and the big number.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I am thinking of doing Holiday Faves like Lynnette & Jennifer. I had done a few December Daily projects, but I love Holiday Faves better, because I don't have to feel forced to do something every single day just to document it.
Here is one of my pages for last year's album:

You can view the rest of my album here: https://www.pinterest.com/nietis/holiday-faves-2016/
That is beautiful Sherly! Love how you did this album.

I like the idea of doing Christmas faves. Maybe I'll start and see how it goes.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
ooh I love that idea!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
Anyone who doesn't want to do daily should join me and Lynnette in Holiday Faves. It's my favorite way to document the holidays
Jen, that sounds interesting. I may be interested in doing it that way instead of the daily.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Jen, that sounds interesting. I may be interested in doing it that way instead of the daily.
It's so much less stress 10-12 favorite things from the holidays to document plus whatever else you want? Totally doable. Lynnette's classes are top notch. She just sent out the holiday faves 2017 survey too to all former students and in the Digi Scrap Love FB group.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's so much less stress 10-12 favorite things from the holidays to document plus whatever else you want? Totally doable. Lynnette's classes are top notch. She just sent out the holiday faves 2017 survey too to all former students and in the Digi Scrap Love FB group.
I just checked out her website, to see if this years was up yet, this is definitely something I could see doing. Was even looking to see if I could get last years but it doesn't look like it's available any longer. Thanks for pointing me in her direction, really appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I just checked out her website, to see if this years was up yet, this is definitely something I could see doing. Was even looking to see if I could get last years but it doesn't look like it's available any longer. Thanks for pointing me in her direction, really appreciate it.
This years should be up in the next few weeks. Usually goes up right around thanksgiving.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My Foundation Pages are done...bring on December!!
Blog Post- http://www.kristalundphotography.com...y-2017…/
Video-
#decemberdaily
Old 11-09-2017, 02:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow, you're fast. Looks amazing already!

Old 11-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure you saw that Holiday Faves 2017 is live now! It's going to be a really good one this year
Old 11-15-2017, 10:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure you saw that Holiday Faves 2017 is live now! It's going to be a really good one this year
No I hadn't seen it yet, thanks Jen! I will definitely be checking it out
Old 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes - I'm in!!
I've done it for four years now (but I didn't post last year).
I don't have a strategy or foundation pages!!!
I've done both 3 ring binders and books. I think I like the 3 ring binders best.

Last edited by Kjersti; 11-16-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Does anyone else feel like they *need* a Silhouette just for DD? LOL