Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm
Default who's watching the Olympics?

OMG! The Olympics are taking up so much of my time right now. LOL I've been staying up superduper late watching all the events that I missed during the day. I'm flipping between NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC all day and night. I LOVE the Olympics!

I'm excited for the men's figure skating tonight! And the men's snowboarding is so awesome! But I'll have to flip between that and men's and women's hockey tonight. I love all the events! Even the biathlon event... crosscountry skiiing and shooting combined, gotta love that! LOL that is one of the craziest combos, but I love to watch!

So what events do you love??
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, me too!! Here I think I'll get a lot of scrapping done, but I find myself actually watching! LOL! I love hockey, luge, snowboarding and bobsledding... of heck, I love watching it all...

I don't do any snow sport things... me and winter have a love/hate relationship... I'm just amazed by the whole what wax and shades to use based on conditions.. crazy!

Last edited by MamaBee; 02-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I lvoe the Olympics, too! I watch it non-stop while its on. I love all the skiing, snowboarding, skating, luge and bobsled. Its so much fun. My favorite is pairs skating.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yup I'm watching too. The ski jumping, snowboarding and skiing are my faves although I'll watch it all
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I love the Olympics! I am watching the skating live now, I was up way too late the past two nights watching the pairs LOL! It's going to be a tiring week for me!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I love the Winter Games (well, all but the hockey that is LOL).
Old 02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

me me! watching canada/norway mens hockey right now and keep forgetting to flip to mens skating!

I also have to say olympics + twitter is SO fun! I love following our news broadcasts for up to the minute tweets. How fun!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

we really on get the highlights here in sydney. A few hours coverage a day max - nothing like the summer olympics that is on all day every day. But i guess that comes from the lack of snow here in australia, and therefore our rather small winter olympic team. Noone to really get behind, so its not overly interesting.

That being said, ive quite enjoyed watching the luge and the one where they ski down the bumps and do a jump...ummm can you tell how little i know about winter sports??? i have no idea what thats called lol. The speed skating bores me to death tho. Maybe it would be good if you were there, but on tv, it just looks like they're taking a sunday stroll. lol
Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love the Olympics! Speed skating, figure skating, snowboarding and mogul (sp) are my faves.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Um, I can not stop laughing that Shaun White's mom took his gold from Torino to the dry cleaners WITH THE MEDAL ON IT!! And hten got mad that they charged her $10 to clean the ribbon, LOLOL!

I love a TON of stuff. This winter was awesome with the Winter X Games a few weeks ago, and now the Olympics. I love the ski and snowboard stuff. I can't WAIT to watch the half pipe. I LOVE the half pipe. I snowboard, but that stuff scares me to death, and knowing how hard it is to snowboard it just absolutely amazes me what they can do.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

We like watching the curling. My husband is a big curler so, of course, I'm into it too!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I haven't followed skating in sooo long. I remember what.. 10 years ago? When a quad was SUCH a huge deal.. now it seems like its a necessity to do to even be there. its amazing what the body can be pushed to do.. wonder what it will be like in another 10 years..
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, I love the Olympics! I'm not a fan of professional sports at all, but I just find the Olympics so inspiring! I'm loving the figure skating, short track (Go Apolo!!!!), and most of the skiing. The luge is just crazy, I can't help but watch it. The winter games are my favorite. I really like most of the events.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle789 View Post
Oh gosh, I love the Olympics! I'm not a fan of professional sports at all, but I just find the Olympics so inspiring! I'm loving the figure skating, short track (Go Apolo!!!!), and most of the skiing. The luge is just crazy, I can't help but watch it. The winter games are my favorite. I really like most of the events.
Speaking of Apolo, anyone see that Vicks Nyquil commercial with him ripping off his shirt? No skin is shown but man he is hot!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I am I am! I looooove the Olympics!! The only thing I dont' like watching is women's hockey (boring much?) and most of the figure skating (sorry Jamie). But I have watched almost all of the skiing/snowboarding events as well as the speed skating and I even watched a few minutes of curling today (weird sport, btw).

But yes, I love the Olympics. I can't wait for Snowboard half-pipe tomorrow night!

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Um, I can not stop laughing that Shaun White's mom took his gold from Torino to the dry cleaners WITH THE MEDAL ON IT!! And hten got mad that they charged her $10 to clean the ribbon, LOLOL!
Yes, my hubby and I were thinking the same thing!!!

First of all, WHY IN THE WORLD would you take your GOLD MEDAL to the dry cleaners???? Wouldn't you be a little worried you wouldn't get it back??? Or that they might "lose" it? Hubby & I agreed that if we ever won a gold medal, it wouldn't leave the house unless we were the ones holding it, LOL!
On the bright side, I'm so glad he got it back safe and sound!

We LOVE the Olympics, too, and will watch any event but like the figure skating the best!!