Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2014, 04:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Any Realtor or Home Appraisers?

I'm looking for a little advice, we're getting ready to refinance our house, and we want to get some extra out when we do to a couple projects and a pay off the last couple bills we have other than the mortgage and the car.

Do you think that the lack up an updated garage door would hurt our curb appeal value?

It's really the only thing outside we haven't done the house yet and it's on our list, but we at the last minute decided to remodel our powder room and wait on the garage door.

Here is a little comparison of the house. You can see the garage door in the top photo.

We bought the house in May 2010, we've put a completely new kitchen it, new powder room, updated the main bath (this is what we need the extra for, to completely finish it). New Roof, new windows, new gutters, new storm door, mailbox and outside light fixture.

So, thoughts?

We have a small emergency fund, but I'm not sure I want to dip into it for this. We've stopped using credit, so I really don't want to charge it! But we could be saving over $100 a month be refinancing.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a realtor... However, used to host open houses for a lo a company and have watched way too much house hunters... Haha... I think as long as the garage door using decent shape and it's really cosmetic, I would put the money in the power room. . May you can paint the garage door to give it a face lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2014, 06:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm not a realtor... However, used to host open houses for a lo a company and have watched way too much house hunters... Haha... I think as long as the garage door using decent shape and it's really cosmetic, I would put the money in the power room. . May you can paint the garage door to give it a face lift?

We talked about painting it, it's fiberglass. But it works fine, just ugly. Lol