Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default A little bit o' hybrid... sorta

So... I did a layout using Julie's Masked Marvel kit and m son loved it so much that he asked me if we could do something special with it... Whatcha think??

He is so proud of it. I ordered the same design on a puzzle and one of the new water bottles that Shutterfly has. The puzzle came today and looks awesome (I'll post a picture when the kids put it together). I can't wait to see the water bottle. I'll let him use it for school next year. There will be no mistaking who it belongs to. He's due for a new backpack tag so I will probably order him one of those too (Shutterfly luggage tags make awesome backpack tags, my kids have used them since preschool on their backpacks and lunch bags, now their violin cases too). I ordered some stuff for my daughter using a Penny kit so I will post all of those pictures when things come in.

Meanwhile... here's my daughter sporting a custom shirt...

She designed this shirt herself. She is a big advocate against bullying and has even gotten an award at school for her proactive approach to bullying. She wants to run an anti-bullying campaign at school next year. She has quite the plan. I am going to get some t-shirts made for her to give to the teachers to raffle off or whatever next year to help spread the word. I'm so proud of her. Oh, and this is her 'mean' face. LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh man- thats awesome!!!!! I love both of their shirts. And im so impressed with your daughter and her stance on bullying. Good for her!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Those are awesome t-shirts, your daughters design is fantastic and what a great thing she is doing!!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Those are great! What an amazing little girl you have there! An advocate at such a young age. She must be destin for something really big in life.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

those are just AWESOME! and totally gives me the idea to make t-shirts and puzzles for my kids and their cousins for christmas presents! thanks!!

and i LOVE that your daughter is doing so much w/r/t anti-bullying - that's so awesome!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 06-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that is SO cool and yay for your daughter
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The Tshirt and puzzle are great ideas!! Remind us all around Christmas, okay! I can see why your son wanted something fun with the layout: it totally rocks!
Kudos to your daughter as well! You must be so proud of her for taking a stand!

Penny
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Awesome shirts!!!

I love your daughter's! What a great idea and yay for her!!! I wish all children felt that way!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

that is awesome... and three woots for your daughter!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Those ROCK!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Wow, Sherri! I am so impressed!! So creative. Where did you order the t-shirts from??? DS would love one.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Brooke, Parker has been bugging me to design a shirt, but not sure where to start. These look great, and she is AWESOME! You must be so proud of her.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

wow Sherri! That shirt looks AMAZING!! You did a fabulous job
Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

awesome tshirts!! Your little guy is so happy!! And WAY TO GO to your daughter...you must be SO proud of her!!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post

She designed this shirt herself. She is a big advocate against bullying and has even gotten an award at school for her proactive approach to bullying. She wants to run an anti-bullying campaign at school next year. She has quite the plan. I am going to get some t-shirts made for her to give to the teachers to raffle off or whatever next year to help spread the word. I'm so proud of her. Oh, and this is her 'mean' face. LOL
Well done, mama - both on the shirts and having a daughter that is being an advocate for the underdog! I it so much it makes me tear up. I'm proud of her!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone!

The shirts were ordered from Shutterfly. They were on sale at the time for right at $10 but are $14.99 now. I got a good deal because I had a $20 gift code that was given to me so I really didn't pay much. I just reformatted the layout I did of Declan to fit the shirt better. A square layout would work too though.

I'm really proud of my daughter too. She has been very empathetic and understanding since she was just a little thing. Everyone always commented on how grown up she was emotionally. Since she first started school she has been a friend to everyone and she won't put up with one friend talking about another one. She is quick to tell them that they aren't being nice and that she isn't going to listen to it. She has this really interesting attitude. If someone hurts her feelings she'll admit that it hurt her feelings but she won't get mad or cry or anything like that. She tells them that whatever they said/did wasn't nice and hurt her feelings and then she goes on. She doesn't hold it against them or let them use the fact that it upset her to continue to taunt her. She just moves right past it. She is also really good at being objective. If someone says her shirt is stupid she tells them its a good thing they don't have to wear it. She doesn't take that kind of stuff personally but she does realize that other kids do. If someone calls another kid's shirt stupid she tells them its not nice to say such things and says that she really likes their shirt because of ____ (she picks out a reason, color, the way it fits them, etc.). I've saw kids with their mouths hanging open after talking to her. In so many ways she's your typical moody, broody, mouthy preteen but when it comes to how she treats others and how she expects others to treat each other she's pretty grown up. I wish she was the same way with her brother though. The two of them go at it and she doesn't hold anything back. LOL I am actually amazed when I watch her because she is so different from what I was at her age. I was the kid who got picked on and couldn't/wouldn't stand up for herself. I came home after school and cried more days than not. I would have loved to have a friend like Caitrin back then, or even be as confident in myself as Caitrin is.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They are both awesome - but the anti-bullying shirt is just perfection! Good for her!!!