Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2017, 03:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: How do you spend New Year's eve and New Year's Day? (12/29)

How do you spend New Year's eve and New Year's Day?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

In the past we've never done alot. Last New Year's Eve we had a movie marathon though - the boys made it to midnight but I fell asleep about 9pm. We might do it again this year - a Star Wars movie marathon, starting at Episode 1 and seeing how far we get (we have 1-7 on DVD + Rogue One). We saw Star Wars 8 the other week so everyone is all into Star Wars again at the moment.

New Year's Day... depends how hot it is. We might just be staying inside in front of the air con!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

New years eve i am home alone.watching tv. The boys are with their dad.and come home on new years day.we going to eat racklette in the evening then.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

NYE is my youngest's birthday, so we do whatever she wants. lol
Old 12-29-2017, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually spend New Year's Eve and Day at a cabin in the mountains, however, my daughter was in an ATV accident on Christmas Eve and had to have surgery so she is in a cast. We will be staying home so that she stays safe and we don't have to worry about her slipping and falling there. We might Redbox a couple of movies and have a movie night at home.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
We usually spend New Year's Eve and Day at a cabin in the mountains, however, my daughter was in an ATV accident on Christmas Eve and had to have surgery so she is in a cast. We will be staying home so that she stays safe and we don't have to worry about her slipping and falling there. We might Redbox a couple of movies and have a movie night at home.
Oh no, Carrie! I hope she heals soon. What a way to spend the holidays.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Oh no, Carrie! I hope she heals soon. What a way to spend the holidays.
Thank you! It was definitely a Christmas we won't soon forget.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

New Years Eve is having pizza (sometimes made and sometimes ordered), playing games (video/board) with the family and finishing off the year watching a terrible movie. Last year we watched Shrek the Musical. Then after the ball drops, we watch a different movie. Last year we watched a marathon of High School Musical. My husband I fell asleep almost right away and the girls stayed up until all the movies were finished!

I have no idea what we will watch this year, but it's just spending time as a family ringing in the new year--especially with talks of my oldest going off to college in the next two years.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Last year my daughter & I started a new tradition of going over to my sister's for a NYE pajama party. We'll have pizza and snacks, and we're going to watch 'Home Alone' (my daughter's first time -- I'm hoping that she will love it!). My sister has also promised to help my daughter put together one of her huge Lego Friends sets (as I haaaate Legos). Last year my daughter & nephew stayed up late playing Minecraft but this year he's having some friends over so she's going to hang out with us the whole night. We'll have sparkling grape juice & noisemakers & take selfies at midnight.

My son is 3 1/2 and still not quite old enough to stay up that late or entertain himself so he is staying the night at my parents' house (which is conveniently halfway between my house & my sister's house).

My husband usually goes down and visits his son over NYE. This year he is driving down to pick him up and then driving down even further to spend the weekend at BIL's house. BIL has three boys including one that is just 9 months younger than my stepson so they'll all have a blast. Hopefully my SIL is getting out of that testosterone-laden house to do something fun on her own with her female friends!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nothing. We don't do anything special. Not for any particular reason other than we're lazy. Haha!