Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-12-2018, 03:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Week 2 has nearly come to an end. How are you spending your weekend? (01/12)

The second week of January has nearly come to an end. Did you have a great week? How are you spending your weekend?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbooking, cleaning, sorting out my diary for next week

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-12-2018, 12:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Finally going to see The Greatest Showman tonight! Finally taking down Christmas tomorrow! That's about it.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Groupon had a special on DynaTheater tickets at our Natural History museum so I grabbed some of those. They're showing a special on humpback whales and one one the Galapagos Islands. My whole family is nerdy like that (lol) so now we just have to decide which one we want to go see on a 5 story giant screen in 3D.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My son and his fiancee are coming to dinner tonight and then going out with friends. While they are out, I will be babysitting my grand dogs, so I will be getting lots of puppy love. The kids will stay overnight, so we will do something Saturday morning as well. After that I will do some cleaning and the laundry while I design.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a frustrating week at work with multiple technology issues that I can't fix myself and am waiting on other (volunteers) people to give me direction on or fix... so I am ready for a relaxing weekend!

We don't really have anything planned but just chores and errands to do. My daughter's school was cancelled this morning because of the weather & it's MLK Day Monday so she has an unexpected four day weekend.

We need to get some groceries & stop by Target to buy some things to donate for her class' auction next week + come up with some letters/emails/what-have-you so she can start selling Girl Scout cookies to everyone.

I hope I get lots of time to scrap!

Last edited by LeeAndra; 01-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My youngest is sick, so my weekend will pretty much be spent looking after her.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Groupon had a special on DynaTheater tickets at our Natural History museum so I grabbed some of those. They're showing a special on humpback whales and one one the Galapagos Islands. My whole family is nerdy like that (lol) so now we just have to decide which one we want to go see on a 5 story giant screen in 3D.
Oh my gosh. I so want to go with you. This is so "me" as well. I love whales. I used to watch every documentary on national geographic channel.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
My youngest is sick, so my weekend will pretty much be spent looking after her.
Oh no. I hope she feels better soon.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just had our 6th snow day today because a storm is rolling in as I type. Luckily, my DH offered to get pizza on the way home. We are going to hibernate this weekend.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're celebrating DH's birthday, so one day of the weekend will be spent however he chooses. The other will be errands, a few house projects, and hopefully lots of scrapping. The only good thing about the NFL post-season is that the rest of my family wants to stay here and watch, so I can usually squeeze in some extra scrapping time! The rest of the family has Monday off, but I'm working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I worked from home a few days this week instead of commuting to the office because of the weather. We have a winter storm moving through right now that started with rain this morning then the temps dropped rapidly so we have ice and getting 3-6" of snow on top of it. So we are having a lazy weekend inside.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Husband is working so the kids & I are spending the weekend playing, relaxing and hopefully burning off some energy by doing some fun activities. I'm also letting them jump in our bed as it's sheets changing weekend. Oh and we're going out for ice cream and I'm letting them bake.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I escaped a winter storm at home by heading east with my cousin for a fun girls’ weekend with my other cousin in Maryland! Today we plan to head to DC to see some sights, and tomorrow we are headed to Baltimore to see Fort McHenry. I have a wicked head cold, however, so I’m hoping I feel up to having all this fun, lol.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spending a lovely weekend with my husband. He came home Thurs night for a long weekend and isn't leaving til Monday afternoon. It's relaxing and I'm about to get my scrap on while he codes next to me
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Spending a lovely weekend with my husband. He came home Thurs night for a long weekend and isn't leaving til Monday afternoon. It's relaxing and I'm about to get my scrap on while he codes next to me
Ooh. Enjoy your weekend together Tanyia.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is a cleaning day.... the freezing cold weather broke and toady was not only warm enough to not have to put any heat on, but I could have the windows open too.... so nice to let some fresh air in, I often forget what that's like after such a long season of being closed in.

Tomorrow I have 3 back to back meetings with my 4H kids.... so lots of people will be in and out all day. I think my brother and his family will be stopping in for a little visit after supper time, but other than that it's a pretty quiet laid back week-end.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a really stressful week and I haven't felt good this past week. I am dealing with an issue of extreme sinus congestion (but no infection) that is causing me a lot of pain.

On Friday night I was in bed by 7:30 and slept until 8:00 the next morning.

On Saturday we had to take our dog to the vet to get the stitches removed from her aural hematoma. The kids had bowling in the afternoon, but I stayed home and cleaned while hubby took them. Then we had his annual awards banquet for work on Saturday night so we went to that.

Today I lazed around in my pajamas. I watched a photography webinar and binged several episodes of Big Love (had never heard of this one before, now I'm caught up in the drama!). I've done a few loads of laundry and taken care of the animals. I also took the ornaments off the tree, but the tree is still standing for now.

Tomorrow no work since we are off for MLK day. I am going to finish some cleaning, scrap, and try to work in our basement. I need to do some purging.