Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-05-2018, 03:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Almost weekend! What are you doing this weekend? (01/05)

Almost weekend! And the first week of the new year is almost over. Times goes fast! What are your plans this weekend?
Did you have a great first week of the year?

Old 01-05-2018, 04:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Staying inside with the air con on - its forecast to be 45 degrees C (113 F) this weekend!
Old 01-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

staying dry is the main concern right now - we are in the middle of a summer storm at the moment. It is due to ease tomorrow when I'll head out to pick up some groceries and library books waiting for me. Sunday I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet - thinking either going to see a basketball game live or trying to find a fan (I had one from a year ago but only started using it in the last month or so and it stopped working), of course its super hot and humid (not as hot as Kim though thank goodness) so they are mostly sold out of the one I want

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-05-2018, 04:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Staying inside with the air con on - its forecast to be 45 degrees C (113 F) this weekend!
Oh my gosh, Kim, how do you survive weather like that? That's insane.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Oh my gosh, Kim, how do you survive weather like that? That's insane.
I know. Its horrific. We get health warnings on the TV/radio telling us to stay indoors. Luckily we're home this time so we can stay inside all day with the air con. Going outside is like walking into an oven!
Old 01-05-2018, 05:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Staying inside is probably the best idea. And drinking lots of water so you don't get dehydrated.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is moving 4.5 hours away for the next year and a half and coming home on weekends so that we can keep our last kid in high school til she is done, so we are in Savannah helping him get settled this weekend. Here's to hoping this time flies by. He is a DoD contractor so he is going from a base in Columbus, GA to one outside of Savannah. I wish we could have all moved honestly, but our youngest is just getting used to where we moved as it is. We have only been here a year and she's such a shy and anxiety ridden kid. She was so depressed when we had to move here so to see her just now getting back to normal....I just didn't want to do it again. This military moving crap is hard on them...and technically we arent even military lol. I don't know how military spouses have the strength sometimes.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Tanyia, this must be so hard on all of you! Hope all of you get settled into a new routine quickly and that the 1,5 year flies by!

Old 01-05-2018, 11:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really not sure. It's snowed almost every day for the last 2 weeks. I am so tired of driving back & forth in it.

I need to un-Christmas the house and get rid of the tree. I think my daughter wants to go to the Y to swim sometime over the weekend. I want to get my PL 2018 started.

Other than that, I got nothing. I hope to get to sleep in Saturday or Sunday but we'll see how the 3 1/2yo cooperates!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's going to be so stinking cold all weekend that I think we'll spend a lot of it just at home. Right now it's 16 degrees F and feels like -8. For the Washington, DC area, that's almost unheard of!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Snow Tubing. woohoo Yeah. My daughter's request to her dad so... I told them I'm not going to join them, just take poctures. But of course when we get there my girl would request I ride with her and I will have no choice.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Laundry and getting ready to go back to work and school. Soccer starts too so grocery shopping and meal planning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Freezing. Hopefully not much else as I'd like to unwind after vacation and Christmas.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I work saturday mornings, then we have our niece's 8th birthday party. Not much else but put Christmas away =(
Old 01-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Plans this weekend:
-Kid Shop at Home Depot
-Washing all the bedding/towels since it was a holiday this Monday (my laundry day) and I didn't do a lot of laundry
-Taking my oldest to the mall tomorrow
-Picking up sticks in our backyard since our branches have been breaking due to the wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60 degrees!
-Church on Sunday, although my husband works and the kids aren't feeling up to par, so maybe skip?

How did the first week go?
We had our ups and downs. I scrapped 4-5 layouts every day this week. My goal is to have blackout by Monday, which also will play in to my plan for the weekend!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 01-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
That's hot!!! Come to Colorado, it never gets that hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
My husband is moving 4.5 hours away for the next year and a half and coming home on weekends so that we can keep our last kid in high school til she is done, so we are in Savannah helping him get settled this weekend. Here's to hoping this time flies by. He is a DoD contractor so he is going from a base in Columbus, GA to one outside of Savannah. I wish we could have all moved honestly, but our youngest is just getting used to where we moved as it is. We have only been here a year and she's such a shy and anxiety ridden kid. She was so depressed when we had to move here so to see her just now getting back to normal....I just didn't want to do it again. This military moving crap is hard on them...and technically we aren't even military lol. I don't know how military spouses have the strength sometimes.
I know where you are!! I loved Fort Benning!! When he had his pick of duty stations, he asked me if I wanted to go to Savannah, but he picked Carson instead! I hope the time flies by quickly so that your family can be reunited again. You are good parents, allowing your oldest to graduate with her high school, instead of moving her so close to completion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
It's going to be so stinking cold all weekend that I think we'll spend a lot of it just at home. Right now it's 16 degrees F and feels like -8. For the Washington, DC area, that's almost unheard of!
I miss DC, but I don't miss the weather. I'm sorry you are all in this cold spell and hope it passes by quickly. Please promise you'll share cherry blossom photos when it's Spring?!
Old 01-07-2018, 12:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We've been under cold weather warnings for the last few days, like too cold to snow. Trying to convince my dog she is not a husky and we are not staying outside for hours to play.
Saturday I did long overdue laundry and did some scrapping as well as binge watch Longmire on Netflix.

Today I am going to see Cirque de Soleil Crystal with a friend. He's been driving the cast and crew all week so they gave him 2 tickets for today's evening performance. Looking forward to seeing it.

Back to work tomorrow after being off for 2 weeks........is it bad that I want another week?
Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Enjoy Cirque Du Soleil Jaye!

And no... it's not bad wanting another week.