Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Monday Crazies and it's only 10am!

Oh my gosh my little one was up at 4am and was like hey good morning mummy

I was like no you need to go back to bed sweetie . . the screaming ugh . . and I had a migraine at the weekend that I'd only just recovered from . . an hour later 5am and he was finally back in bed for another hour but my head!!

Then when we got up he was excited to have a bubble bath so I made it and undressed him but then nope!! We had more screaming so I quickly washed him and managed to get him dressed

My Mother In Law has come to rescue me and is playing with him downstairs, he's quiet now so I'm going to do a little work . . or try to!

How is everyone else this Monday? Not so frazzled I hope and hope you all have a great start to the week!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Mac just crashed and I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard

I hope that's my round of bad luck for today in threes!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol sorry. I should laugh...

my Monday is just starting. I should be cleaning up my house and some laundry... but not sure I wanna do that. not sure I wanna do anything else. lol
Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you should laugh it's funny, i've just had to bin my apple keyboard, woops.

Hope you have a great day Ru, cleaning and laundry doesn't sound fun but it has to be done I guess, whizz through it and then have the day to yourself!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no, Rachel!! I'm sorry your day started off like that! I hope it's gotten better.

Laundry day was yesterday for me....I loathe laundry day.

Just sitting here having some coffee and watching the news. I'll start my day in about 15 minutes when I wake my daughter up and start getting ready for work. I really just want to do nothing today. I'd really love to go back to bed. haha!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

ugh what a start to the week! sending hugs and positive thoughts!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't miss those moments when my kids were young but I do miss some of those times. You know, when they said sweet things and playing with them was fun.

My day has only begun here too but I got a good head start on cleaning the kitchen really well, laundry started and a kit preview done for a future release. Now it's my normal morning nap time before I continue the rest of the chores and computer stuffs. Glad it hasn't been so hectic here and hope it gets better for you, Rachel.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Is there such thing as a laundry "DAY"? I feel like laundry is constantly going here. Constant piles to fold every night and put away a stack every morning. I think my kids are tossing clean clothes in the dirty hamper to avoid having to fold them or hang them back in the closet.

Grace has a cold today, so she is with me this morning. Usually she is off to her homeschool co-op with Ben on Mondays and I get a load of work done, so we will see. She is my most demanding child.

I'm sorry about your morning, Rach. The one encouraging thing I can offer is that time is short and passes quickly. So many older & wiser friends tell me I will miss these days and their younger years someday. I have this saying on my fridge:
"The days are long, but the years are short.'"

Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMGoodness, Rach! You need a do-over.

My day has started off fairly uneventful so far. Went to the gym this morning before work. My daughter has cheer team pictures this afternoon, and then I have a PTO meeting, so it's going to be crazy busy once I pick her up from school.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My mom took my son for the morning so I've been rather productive: took daughter to school, dropped son off with Grandma, ran to the post office, ran to the grocery store, cleaned the bathroom, swept the entryway, shook the rugs, cleaned out the van, put the clean dishes away, took out the trash, & started a load of towels in the wash.

Now I'm watching last night's 'OUAT' & catching up on email/message boards and jobsearching before I may or may not scrap. My mom & son will be home in another 90 minutes or so with lunch.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Getting ready to start the day here. Kids are in school and I only have designing on the agenda. Laundry too, yes, but that can wait. Brook, I've given up folding! LOL just stuff it all in the closet!

Sorry for the rough start to your day Rachel. I don't like Mondays either. Hopefully your day will look up soon.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Is there such thing as a laundry "DAY"? I feel like laundry is constantly going here. Constant piles to fold every night and put away a stack every morning.
Oh, laundry happens all week but I do laundry on Sundays so if there is something that needs washed during the week, you are doing it yourself. Hahaha!

Old 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry about your day Rachel! I hope it gets better. It always seems worse when it's a Monday.

I woke up early and went to the gym. Came home & did the school routine, then the after-gym routine lol. I'm working a little while Ollie's sleeping. Our school has a half day so both girls will get out at the same time and we're going to go get lunch at In-N-Out then head over to a play area for some fun before we go home for homework. I need to do some housework while they work on that.

Oh and laundry! Best thing i've done so far is teach Rian & Lola to do their own. I bought the pods of detergent & fabric softener for them to use. They each have a day they do theirs. It's seriously been the best thing!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

Sounds like it's been a doosey of a day! Those moments aren't fun!

My day has been filled with work issues and I have a sick dog (cancer) who I think needs to be put down, so my heart hurts.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I sympathize with you, Rach! I've had better Mondays, than this one... I just want to curl up back in bed and start over.

Hubby and kiddo cleaned up the house Friday night while I was at a meeting because his dad was coming to do taxes on Saturday... I have no clue where they put the school books... so I've spent the morning to finding those. Jake is no help and giving me serious attitude which seriously puts me in a bad mood. Now there is constant whining about doing math to writing his paper for his co-op tomorrow. Now I sent him to his room for a nap or to rethink his attitude toward school and toward me...

I'm also peeved at my hubby for putting my favorite water bottle in the dishwasher and now the paint on the outside is pealing... and of course the on going saga of my laptop. It has a bad memory chip and doing anything is playing Russian roulette... when will photoshop crash on me or just reboot? Making it really hard to get my pages done...
Old 03-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl82 View Post
My day has been filled with work issues and I have a sick dog (cancer) who I think needs to be put down, so my heart hurts.
So sorry about your dog. My heart would be breaking as well. I wish I had the words to make you feel better, but am pretty sure there are none. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your fur baby.

I have had a typical Monday. Best thing about it, work is over in 15 minutes. That very well might give me a second wind so I can go home and get some fun work done.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Just got called by the daycare, Nico's got a fever so I have to pick him up... and figure out who gets the joy of dealing with him tomorrow as they won't let him back in for at least 24 hrs!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My Monday is already over Tuesday morning here! Gonna do a bit of work and take the little one for a walk!

Hope the rest of your week will be better Rachel!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Monday crazies over here too. Started the day great with taking my son to school and then my daughter and I went to the library and went to the mall. We were deciding whether to go straight home to go to preschool or to stop and have lunch with daddy before going to preschool. She decided she wanted to have lunch with daddy. Well after arriving there and then leaving his work, our van stops and won't go (It's been making weird noises lately whenever we make a turn). So our van had to be towed to the dealership and we're now waiting for a call to see how much it's going to cost and all. Even with all that crazy and bad stuff I am SO THANKFUL that God was watching over us and had us go to my husband's work. If we would have decided to go straight home, my daughter and I would have been by ourselves driving on a long stretch of a road that doesn't have any turn offs when the van would have died. So I'm so thankful that we were with my husband and it broke down right next to his work.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Hugs to all of you!
Like Wille, it's Tuesday here already
Monday was okay; did a load of laundry and some household chores, then I had to ask hubby to take me to have massage, my shoulder has been hurting for more than a month.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hey everyone...hugs to all for all the crazies today! My 3 year old is yet sick again going on three weeks. His pediatrician and same day care physician said it's just a virus and he'll have to ride it out...well enough was enough for us! He is losing weight and poor guy just needs to shake this off. The diarrhea/vomiting/high fever has to hit the road, so we went to urgent care on Saturday, we explained everything has happened and PRAISE GOD she ordered for stool sample testing. We went home with a kit and Sunday morning we were able to drop it off at our labs and we are waiting to hear the results.....waiting is THE worst, yanno!

So that's how our week is but thankfully it's spring break for our kiddos, NO school and this lil guy needs all the rest he can get at this point.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the replies ladies!!

Dana I'm so sorry about your dog, sending lots of hug and love to you. Gen I hope Nico is better really soon, you too Jenna I hope your little one is better and you get to the bottom of the problem!

Hope your shoulder is better soon Sherly!! Hugs

Mary thank goodness you were safe! <3

Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
So sorry about your dog. My heart would be breaking as well. I wish I had the words to make you feel better, but am pretty sure there are none. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your fur baby.

I have had a typical Monday. Best thing about it, work is over in 15 minutes. That very well might give me a second wind so I can go home and get some fun work done.
Thank you! Today she is having a good day! It makes it hard because it gives me hope, but she has bone cancer. I appreciate your kindness. It made me smile!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Jenna that sounds miserable. My little girl was sick so often when she was little. I learned quickly that moms just know sometimes. Trust your gut! Hope he is better soon!