Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I am growing an alien in my uterus.

a. I am apparently growing an alien baby in my uterus. Science community, be wowed.
b. Baby is already measuring 1 pound.
c. If your doctor asks if you have any issues - LIE. I mentioned having problems with shortness of breath and dizziness (usual symptoms, yes?) and he told me those at this point, combined with 1 pound baby, problems with feet swelling already, and Mason's birth size and he's going to make me take my glucose test at 24 weeks instead of 28, and might just move me into a slight high risk. So I repeat, if you are asked, LIE. However...
d. Baby seems perfect and seems to be completely healthy and doing great. He/She seems to be on board with the whole being surprised and not finding out the gender deal because it kept its goods thoroughly covered the whole time.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Trish!
I totally failed the glucose test and had to take insuline injections 4 times a day for the remainder my pregnancy. It SUCKED!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear bub is doing well. Boo for glucose tests, but yay that you have a proactive Dr who is keeping an eye on you.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How fun! Sorry you're going to have to be monitored more.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just frustrated because my last doctor told me after Mason that he would label me as high risk for future pregnancies, and it was one of my main reasons for wanting to change doctors. This new doctor came so highly recommended by my friends but this is like the second time that extra monitoring has been brought up. He also made me do some extra testing at the beginning that I'd never had to do before.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

ummmm I have totally been out of hte loop...CONGRATS! and can't wait to see the new red head
Old 07-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Im the opposite, I left my first doctor because he was way too casual. I switched to a more proactive OBGYN who I adore. I liked being considered high risk, I got better/faster/earlier appointments, closer monitoring, lots of amazing ultrasounds. I had a twin pregnancy. I ended up with shortened cervix and was put on modified bed rest at 24 weeks..Really just couch rest, limited driving, no cleaning or flights of stairs. I was totally pampered LOL

I developed gestational diabetes, and delivered early for pre-eclampsia. I was grateful my doctor was on top of things and took my pregnancy seriously, but never scared me at all.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
I'm just frustrated because my last doctor told me after Mason that he would label me as high risk for future pregnancies, and it was one of my main reasons for wanting to change doctors. This new doctor came so highly recommended by my friends but this is like the second time that extra monitoring has been brought up. He also made me do some extra testing at the beginning that I'd never had to do before.
I can totally understand the frustration, but just remember your doctor has your best interest in mind ... if there is no validity to their concerns, all that comes from it is that you took a test you would have to take anyway, just a little earlier Plus you get it out of the way. I'm not sure how common dizziness and shortness of breath are, I was lucky enough to have either during my pregnancies. I'm kind of a hypochondriac, so I'd probably be insisting the doctor run tests on me, lol

Congrats on a healthy baby! Great news!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awww, ultrasound photos always make me happy. Congrats! I know the extra monitoring can be a pain, but it's better to be on the safe side rather than having something preventable or treatable cause problems because it was ignored. And I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you're having those symptoms this early the extra monitoring is probably a good idea. I don't remember dizziness with any of my 3, and shortness of breath was only in the last few weeks.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

: ) You're so cute. So is your alien baby. And I love that there's going to be another Harden child full of personality running around the world soon!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Soooo exciting Trish!

Old 07-24-2014, 09:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Most girls are very shy...just sayin'

Old 07-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thanks ladies. I was just feeling all woe-is-me Thursday after the appointment. I mean I've even mostly accepted the possibility of a c-section (which he warned me to start coming to terms with that possibility after our first meeting when we went over previous pregnancies). I was just hoping for some different news after the ultrasound.

I don't know about if the dizziness, shortness of breath is common or not. lol I remember getting it with past pregnancies, but I don't remember how early in them all. I do remember the last half of the second trimester being the best and easiest bit, and while I'm not quite there yet it doesn't seem too bad. But then other than Ryan this is the earliest that my morning sickness has ever ended. lol So that's sort of coloring everything else.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Congrats for the healthy baby! And glucose tests totally suck; I hope you pass them and have a smooth and easy pregnancy from this point on.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. Then morning sickness so bad I lost twenty pounds with both pregnancies. Luckily I have it to lose even though the doctor wasn't thrilled. The second time he expected it more and didn't give me as much grief. I just took zofran my entire pregnancy both times. Luckily it wasn't as bad the second time but, I did get sick at least three times a week vs everyday with my first.

I liked the extra monitering because, I knew my baby was fine. I didn't enjoy the every week appointments from around 20 weeks on. Then the last two months I had to go twice a week. Ughh that was awful. Then getting asked how you feel. When all you feel like doing is being at home is not a good thing. There should be a law against asking someone how the feel in the last two months of pregnancy lol!

Congrat's on the baby. I don't think I could ever wait to find out though lol!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awe a little baby alien! The extra follow up appointment suck, but anything for a healthy baby right. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Just make sure you follow your doctor's orders in order to have a healthy baby alien. If you have to take insulin shots, they are a mere inconvenience. I had to do it when I was pregnant with my son. The doctor gave me a portable pen and the pinch was barely noticeable. Now, I had a harder time with remembering to do the shots!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Glad he/she is doing well! I had to take multiple glucose tests...4 of them. It was super lame!!! Hopefully you want and everything will go smoothly!!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hoping all goes well Trish! Cute U/S pic - I love them! Fingers crossed that all go as you wish - my kids never listened when I was pregnant.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww, congrats honey! Sad to hear that you were given news that you are at risk for complications but glad that you are paying such close attention to your body and that your doctor is so proactive. Can't wait to watch your "alien" grow and join the world!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Back in the dark ages when I was having my children, they didn't do the glucose tests! My kids were all over 9 pounds, and I was LATE too--which these days would be "cause for worry" and probably would have had to have a c-section--but they were all born healthy and vigorous!! to the max. Good luck!! Pray it all goes well for you!!