Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping Goals 2011?

Have you given any thought to what you would like to achieve/change this year in terms of your scrapping?

1) I have one main goal and that is to scrap WAY more and to take more pictures.. the two go hand in hand and I have slacked off with both this year.

2) I am also hoping I can make it a priority to at least scrap one layout before diving into another kit each week. Hopefully by doing the portfolio challenges each week it will help me stay motivated.

3) I would also like to start doing some hybrid type projects. All I have ever done in the past is stuck flowers onto a printed page.. haha

Also, please feel free to share any tips & tricks that have helped/help you reach your goals!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to organise some of my older photos and scrap with them, but also take recent photos to scrap with(and keep up to date with)

I also want to work with more of my stash and use my unused kits as much as I can!

And I want to print some pages, I've got around 9 months of scrapping to print, when I first started I didn't know about the sizes so some of my earlier pages are not print worthy but I want to start printing the ones that are the right sizes!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

my goal is take more pictures and less scrapping... my goal last year was to average a page a day and well, I've almost doubled it. So, I'd like to slow down and get closer to one a day this year. I do want to do more hybrid to. I also want to get to know PSE better and improve my skills with photo editing and photo taking.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I need to take more pics. period...... This year has been.......................................... well, there haven't been a lot of pics So when I DO want to scrap.. I've got nothing
Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would like to take more pictures of the every day and not just big events. I would also like to do P52 project. I don't think I'm ready to do 365 yet.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My goals are:
1. to scrap a page a day for the entire year
2. to print the pages once a month.
3. to use more of my stash
4. to make it onto a few more CTs
Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't set scrapping goals, but next year I'm going to do the Week in a Life project. I'll be happy if I get that done.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I want to take more pictures...I took a ton this year but it was less than previous years and I feel like some things weren't documented well. I have this shiny new 7D and I wanna use it!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

my goal is to just focus on documenting our life. i hate to put goals on it because then i focus on that. if i scrap a page a day (which is MORE than doable) i'd be happy but i don't want to say that's my goal because then i get all overwhelmed and panicky.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap less in 2011. My main goal is to journal in a book every night, and to print my pictures and put them in albums.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

To scrap more. Whether it's P52 and once a week, or more than that, to actually scrap! I've done so few pages for me, this year, and I'm so far behind. I need to dedicate my Friday nights to scrapping..not playing online!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Keep up with DS album
2. Scrap more of my parents and my childhood. I'm planning on scanning a bunch of photos from my parents next week!
3. Do some more of DH!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm estimating that I will have scrapped about 500 pages this year. I don't want to set goals, because I don't want to focus on them, but a page a day is my minimum. Also, this year, because of health issues and surgery, I've not taken enough pics for a two month period. So I want to make up for that next year.

But my number one goal is to print, print, print! I have about 700 pages to print! That's a shame. So I'm starting this week to fill all those empty albums.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Scrap more events... I've been focused on the every day this year that I don't have many birthday, vacations, holidays scrapped.
2. Less time spent in the forum/blogs and more on just enjoying life away from the computer... so I need to move my scrapping to the evenings.
3. Finish albums I've started this year... Week in the Life, BOM, P365, dec daily, and 30 city park tour.
4. More focus on hybrid... I have a lot of ideas that I want to do for kiddo to enhance homeschooling we will be starting in Jan.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm focusing on quality of photos this year, not quantity. I take too many photos. I have too many photos & over half of them are either badly taken or near duplicates from being able to snap 3 shots immediately. Entirely unnecessary & taking forever to weed out. So 2011 will be few & better quality photos.

Hopefully this will make me more eager to scrap them since I have been experiencing photo paralysis everytime I open lightroom to choose some pics for a layout.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't set goals anymore, I have and i've kept up with them but after this year, things just get away from you, like Keira having cancer and me starting a biz.

I just want to try and stay caught up. I scrap enough pages and I'm good about taking pics, but when your job is taking pics you tend to get the camera out less often.

I would like to finish up my Book of Me. That would be a great goal for this year.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

taking more photos is a major goal
getting onto a ct if I can
designing digital designs
learning more about cs4

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I mostly did a P12 this year, and in 2011 I want to do it AND scrap it! I really want to document our lives more, and scrap more.
I also want to create 1 hybrid page a month, and plan to do it scraplifting the TOTM every month. I can hardly think of better inspiration, right?

I need to be better about scrapping in general. I tend to focus on the "other" side of hybrid, and I have very few actual layouts from the last year or two. I want to back to scrapping, and especially doing the Book of Me before we start a family. I just think it will be such an amazing project to look back after we have kids. I would love to have had something like that from my parents before they were parents.

Last edited by ColleenSwerb; 12-15-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap a page a month about each person in my family (2 boys, hubby, me) so I can build up a more balanced scrapbook. I have tons more about the kids than I do of DH and me. And I think after I'm gone, the boys will want to see those layouts of their parents.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

keep up with my 365 photo blog... that's about it

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 12-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1. I want to take more photos, there were some months I didn't take any.

2. I want to apply to one or 2 CTs this year. A few years ago, I used to be on tons,now I am on 2. I spent most of 2010 on just one team. I think I'd like to increase that some.

3. I also want to use my stash and buy a few good things. I have tons and tons of unused kits, but I do have a few "holes" in my stash that I want to fill up, too. So in 2011, I want to do some spending and scrapping with some of the things I love.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

--Decide on how I want to set up our books. Each kid gets a book & we have a family book.
--Print more (dependant on ^)

--Take more photos of the everyday & work on taking quality photos of that, rather than just okay.

ETA: Tackle a few of the projects swimming around in my head, starting with recipe books with our favorite recipes/menus.

Last edited by MandaT; 12-15-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Last year I set myself a goal to scrap 365 pages, and I'm at 426 right now...so this year I'm not going to set a goal for numbers, because I'm sure I'll scrap a page a day at least (or at least on average), but I want to create layouts with more journaling, to really document our life. The good, the bad, and the ugly, lol

Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my main goal is to finish up the albums i've started and get them printed...i'm still working on my son's kindergarten album and he's in 1st grade...i would also love to use my stash...i think those are goals that i can easily accomplish...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yeah...I forgot that I want to finish a few paper UFO's!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This year has been a crazy one for me. I wrote my PhD thesis and did my final exam. I have also done P365 (using quickpages) and to my own astonishment really went through with taking the photos!

That meant I scrapped very very little pages. But I discovered SSD and am very inspired by the pretty kits and the breathtaking gallery. So as I'm neither a fast scrapper, nor a goals by numbers person my plans are the following:

#1 - Catch up with my P365 pages and find a good deal to print the book.
#2 - Scrap more normal pages, maybe do a few challenges.
#3 - Scrap some AAM pages and some with old childhood photos.
#4 - Continue to really bring the camera along.

#5 - My biggest one, but it's not technically a scrapbooking one: Improve my photography and editing skills.

#6 - Shoot a b/w portrait from everyone in my family clan and then make a photos-only book out of it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

to make more memories that are scrapworthy and scrapping them because I want to vs. constructing scrapworthiness from moments that are not particularly notable because I need to for a CT assignment

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I want to start and complete P365 again
Finish the album I have already started for my DD for Senior Graduation!
Get my scrapbook room ORGANZIED and be able to sit in there and scrap!!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
to make more memories that are scrapworthy and scrapping them because I want to vs. constructing scrapworthiness from moments that are not particularly notable because I need to for a CT assignment

Love. the. honesty.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

^ this is great!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I would like to develop my scrapping skills. I want to really work on layering and shadowing for sure. I love learning from all the great ladies here at SSD.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap faster. Considering the time I spend on it, I should get a lot more LOs done. I also want to be better about writing things down when they happen. I used to write journaling or notes every time I moved pictures off the camera, but I haven't been good enough about that lately.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i feel like i always set goals and never achieve them. so mine are simple this year.
1) take more pictures.
2) organize my stash, and use EVERY kit at least once.
3) stop buying and use the stuff i already have.
4) actually print off old pages.
5) maybe get on a CT. (:

Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Well, I just took almost a year off scrapping because life was just a bit too overwhelming and something had to go! However, I did remember WHY I liked scrapping... it made me think about what was happening and actually care. I struggled a bit with depression this summer/fall and realized I was letting moments slip past me because I was so just ughhhh and wasn't enjoying things very much. I think that creating something beautiful (to me, and my girls love the pages too) and taking the time to record my thoughts & memories actually really enriched my life and enjoyment of time with my family.

But... I'm still busy, life is crazy... so I guess my goal is to figure out how to fit scrapping into my life. I think that templates will be my friends. And even though I loved being on CT's (*sniff* Kristin! Julie!) it was stressful to me at times. I think just keeping it low pressure and understanding my energy/time/motivation to scrap will ebb & flow, but just trying to do it as I can on a more regular basis. And maybe try a more simple style- thinking about trying some of Janet's templates.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

do a p52 album
finish my Encyclopedia of Me book
finish my December Daily album from 2009
finish my December Daily album from 2010 (which is more of a recipe capture)
finish my book of my fun childhood memories
summer trip from 2010?
highlights from different zoos we've visited in the last 10 years, maybe plan to visit some new ones in 2011
December Daily 2011?
school memories?

not sure on a recipe book -- I seem to be capturing a lot of that in this year's December Daily album

look for some new themes to make into books

get all of the above printed in books as I find deals
Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. To actually scrap more than once a month. I'd like to scrap one page a week, hopefully!!
2. To improve my photography and take the camera out more.
3. Save money each month and set it aside so I can print my album at the end of the year. lol

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I want to be no more than 12 months behind at scrapping. Right now I'm working on pages from 22 months ago...
Old 12-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

To scrap layouts about both my pregnancies. (Considering the fact that I have like 2 pictures of me from the second one, this is going to be a little challenging for me.)

To do Project 365 again. I loved it this year.

To keep improving my photography and Photoshop skills (reading Clickin Moms forums, reading tutorials, taking some classes @ BPC and Jessica Sprague - I'm now doing Digi in Deep and I've already learned a lot; and Cathy Z. has her DYL as self-paced class now).

Otherwise... just scrap
Old 12-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

My goal is to take more photos. I flaked big time with that this year and am cursing myself for it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:

Reason #765890234890 why I love you LA
Old 12-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping goals for 2011...
1. continue fine tuning my photoshop skills
2. take more pictures especially of the every day stuff (#2 probably should have been remember to take my camera with me when I go out).
3. scrap at least twice a week if not more
4. attempt to do either the project 365 or 52-not sure yet
5. organize my photos
6. organize my digi scrap stuff
7. do more hybrid projects

basically tap into my creative side again

Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

simple for me:

take more pictures & scrap more.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goals

1.) try to do the project 52 this year.
2.) scrap the pictures I scanned in from my mom of my childhood (it took us four days to scan in 600 pictures..)
3.) Try to get 30pts in a portfolio challenge
4.) stay caught up on the kids pictures
5.) print my completed pages
Old 12-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap a minimum of 4 layouts a week. I also want to document a little bit more of "everyday life." I want to get into the swing before the baby comes... otherwise, I'll never get there!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This past year I don't think I made any scrapping goals - at least I can't remember if I did or not! lol But for this year I would like to:

1. Finish my 25 Days of Christmas Album & get it printed
2. Work on my photography skills
3. Print pages. I've so many pages completed and I haven't printed any of them! So i definitely want to print my pages and get them in albums.
4. Do Project 52

I think those are reasonable goals lol

Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

just thought of another goal

organize my digi supplies

Scrappy Instagram

Old 12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I want to do P52. I know I'd fail in a heartbeat at P365.

I want to print out more pages.

More hybrid projects.

Making more memories to scrap.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

another three goals I thought of today

complete Jessica Sprague's Art of Digital Design course
do more hybrid
print more pages/photobooks

Scrappy Instagram

Old 12-19-2010, 03:14 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Ummm... to stop hoarding digi kits? I think that has to be my goal before I need another hard drive.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
my goal is take more pictures and less scrapping... my goal last year was to average a page a day and well, I've almost doubled it. So, I'd like to slow down and get closer to one a day this year. I do want to do more hybrid to. I also want to get to know PSE better and improve my skills with photo editing and photo taking.
Heather, can I have just 1 cup of your mojo? LOL!

Glynis, I'm there with you about the P52 may be more realistic than the P365.

This year was absolutely c-h-a-o-s for me, so next year I'm aiming to complete lots of scrapping projects and photo taking. Maybe even keep an eye out for a CT call, but that's not high on the priority list at the moment. I took photos this year, but the photos taken via the phone way outweigh the ones taken with more care etc. My poor camera probably feels very unloved which is very not-the norm.

I also hope to learn a few more tricks of the trade, and also upgrade to PSE9. Along with that, organise my creative space a bit more so that time is used more efficiently! It's driven me nuts being in chaos this year, and I've really missed my 'me' time.

Last edited by gourmetdigi; 12-19-2010 at 03:41 AM.