Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default help with hybrid

I am hoping someone can help-
here's the problem. I have completed the bird tweet l dee album by scrapkitchen designs. I am trying to print and upload to costco and its not working. I may have made a mistake as my layout size is 8x5 and i was hoping to change the canvas size to 8x10 and print them that way. any suggestions? When I started the album I simply opened the pages, copied them to a new layout and began creating. Any suggestions? I am working in PSE.
thanks
Claire
Old 05-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

I might not be understanding you right so this may not help, but...
open a new 8x10 canvas. Copy and paste your finished pages to that. You probably already did that. LOL. I think I'm not hearing you right. Are the album pages not fitting or is it not uploading the size you want? Also check and see what format you saved it in. JPEG, PNG, PSD, etc...

facebook
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You have to do like Amy said - open a new 8x10 document (or 12x18 etc.) and put your layouts on that before you upload to Costco. Otherwise they will try to stretch your layout to fit and it will either be cut off or the wrong size. Never leave anything right at the edge though, they sometimes cut off just a bit.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I heard that you need a different background color than white, too. I had a friend try to upload a bunch of 4x4 calendar pages, and instead of printing them on the 4x6 pages with two inches of white space, they actually resized the image to fill the 6", which cropped off the image.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yeah I forgot, always size it a bit smaller like Lucrecia said. I like my pages 8x8 so when I resize the flattened finished page to send for print, I make it 7.9x7.9. I learned the hard way that it'll cut off the edges sometimes if I don't. It looks fine still that way, just a tiny white border.
How's it going, did you get it figured out yet?

facebook
Old 05-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Hi girls
thanks for all of the help and suggestions. I am so frustrated with this project! I made the tweet l dee bird album for my daughters-looks great- however the problem has been in the printing. I am not sure if I was clear-a newborn is keeping me very sleep deprived and incoherent !

So the good news is that I used Amy's suggestion and resized it! Thanks Amy. However-my image size is 10 by 5 so I am going to have to ditch the idea of adhering to the maya road bird chipboard album. I think the error may be on me when I set up the canvas size. I need to try that over again.

If you have used the bird album, what canvas size do you use? The instructions on the kit only have advice on how to put the album together-not how to size the canvas and print.

thanks again for all the help!
Claire
Old 05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh ok I get it now.
The actual birdy size is wrong!
Uhm.......is that right? If so, then let's try this. Open the birdy and don't resize it. Go ahead and fill it with your pictures, etc... .resize them (pictures, embellishments, etc) instead of the album. Once it's done, then copy paste to your new 8x10 document, 300 ppi. You can fit more than one bird on each document I think. Let us know if that helped, we all have to start somewhere you know!

facebook
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey there...

You need to open the bird album AS IS - complete each page with photos, journaling etc. and then merge all the files for that one page into a single layer so you have your little birdy as a single file.

Then like Amy has suggested, open a new 8x10 - 300dpi document and simply drag the completed bird to your new 8x10 document and save to upload for print. Here's one I did recently using the wonderbird...

As you can see I got 2 birds on the 8x10 canvas and it prints just fine. As long as you print our albums pages at 100% 300dpi, they will fit the albums we sell perfectly. You dont need to resize the bird at all - just drag the finished page on whatever printer size page works best for you and then print - if you're printing at home 8.5x11" is the most common size, etc. If you're printing at costco, you can also see how many birdies you can get on a 12x18" page.

HTH!
Robin
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is good to know...I am planning to make one as a gift for my MIL and now I know how to do it correctly...Thanks for answering all of my un-asked (is that a word?) questions.......

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT