Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default More about my trip in the States... Mets and music.

So, thanks ladies for helping me decide about the itinerary. After reading your thoughts, we decided to stay a little longer in Boston, and spend a half day more in New York, a whole day in Philadelphia, plus the 3 days in DC, this way we had to cut out the Dutch County, but we'll hope to get an idea of the coutryside driving up to Cape Ann when we'll be in Boston (even if I understand it has to be a different coutryside).

For those of you into baseball, we got a ticket to go see a match (not really into sports myself, but I've been to a game when I was in Arizona, and it was TOTALLY different from our soccer game, like you guys actually have fun at the stadium, eat, walk, sing lol... we just scream, yell, call names the other team and worse.... so I really wanted to go back and bring my bf). We're going to see the Mets, since Yankees won't play that week.
What I was wondering, do you need to be there in time for the game to start OR can you just go to the stadium anytime, even if the game already started? I remember walking around the stadium shopping DURING the game in Arizona, but that was a small stadium, I was wondering if you can do that here too. How long does a game last?

Another question if you've been to Ny. We really love jazz and live music in general, do you know about a nice (not too fancy) place to go, eat and maybe listen to some good music?

Thanks for helping me, girls, you've been better than any Lonely Planet I've bought lol

All About ME
Old 08-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

As for games, you can go to a baseball game at any point. Nothing happens especially unless someone is throwing out the first ball that you'd love to see, or they're doing a pre-game concert thing (usually saved for after a game). Games generally are 2-3 hrs long, depending on how much activity there is in the game, longer if they go into extra innings.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yes - as darcy said - you can arrive at the game at any time (you can leave early too, if you want) now that i have the kids, we never stay for an entire game!

as far as jazz - i only went to one jazz club when i lived in NYC - here's the link:
http://smokejazz.com/ ...

have fun on your trip!!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't want to come late to a game, you might miss something good! I love that you decided to go to a baseball game while you are here! Eat a hot dog, drink a beer and have lots of fun cheering!