Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Thoughts on 2015

So I did 2013 and (so far half of) 2014 hybrid style for Project Life - I am through the end of June so far for this year, but we started a basement renovation that required packing up all of my supplies and printer a few months ago and we're probably about a month from me getting my office/craft area back. ( )

However, once I get that back, I will be 6 months behind. I don't think I can catch up on 2014 hybrid AND start 2015 hybrid (and I don't want to get behind on 2015 right from the start!). So I think I am going to try 2015 fully digital and catch up on 2014 hybrid next year.

I really miss my Project Life time but I don't want to switch to digi PL for half of the year. So I am really excited to get my office back up & running!

Anyone else planning some changes for 2015? Anyone starting up or stopping the project?

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure yet. I'm pretty behind on 2014 (my 2nd year of PL) so in the last month or so I've switched from scrapping it with regular kits to using dedicated PL collections. That helps, but the most time consuming part for me is selecting photos. So far my only 2015 change is to stay on top of it better, but I vowed to do that in 2014 and look how successful it was, LOL. I think I'll also be sticking with PL collections for most pages.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning to stick with my all digital PL but want to include some more cut files and other physical stuff in inserts.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm not sure yet. I'm pretty behind on 2014 (my 2nd year of PL) so in the last month or so I've switched from scrapping it with regular kits to using dedicated PL collections. That helps, but the most time consuming part for me is selecting photos. So far my only 2015 change is to stay on top of it better, but I vowed to do that in 2014 and look how successful it was, LOL. I think I'll also be sticking with PL collections for most pages.
I agree that choosing photos is the most time consuming! I like my PL album to be more of a "snapshot" of life so I really like to narrow down some of our more photographed moments to 1 or 2 photos. And that's definitely not easy!

I am hoping I can simultaneously catch up with 2014 and keep up with 2015. I never got this far behind in 2013, so I'm stressing a little!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
I am hoping I can simultaneously catch up with 2014 and keep up with 2015. I never got this far behind in 2013, so I'm stressing a little!
I'm starting to stress a little, too! Last year I got about 4 months behind at one point, just like I did this year. Over the summer I take double the photos and have half the scrapping time of the school year, which leads to no motivation to tackle PL pages. By fall I'm months behind. Last year I started playing catch up in Sept and managed to finish the year by mid-Jan. This year I started a new job in Sept and was too busy, so I didn't get back on the PL wagon until mid-Oct. I thought I could catch up like last year, but I'm beginning to wonder if I can. I know myself-I can't do 2 years at once. I have to push hard to finish 2014 without going too far into next year, and then I'll play catch up on 2015. We'll see how this works...
Old 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm starting up PL digital for 2015, but I'm going to continue my kids' yearly books so I don't know how well it'll all go. Seeing as I'm already 4 months behind one of the kids' books. Currently working on setting up my filofax/PL-planner to keep everything organized.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to continue with digital for 2015. The only thing I might change is moving away from using the same block design on all my pages - I'd like to incorporate some squares as well.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I honestly have no idea what to do about PL. I made it through May in 2013 and then we moved and I got pregnant and never had the energy to unpack all my supplies and finish it. I really wanted to do it in 2014 because I loved the idea of the year being divided in half - half as a family of 2 and half as a family of 3 - but I still haven't started it and it's November so I don't know that'll happen, haha.

But I know I don't really have a desire to do PL digitally and I have so many PL supplies that I feel like I need to use them for something. Part of me would love to just use the page protectors and such for regular pages but my regular albums are 8.5x11 so the 12x12s won't fit and I find the 12x12 albums SO huge anyway. I know Elsie at A Beautiful Mess said they're going to be releasing 9x12 page protectors next year which could be fun but I don't know. I think I may be ready to move on to something new and just let it go for now.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I plan to continue digital PL for 2015. Sometimes I feel like my pages are starting to repeat photos and such and I consider not continuing, but the thought of not documenting daily life while my kids are fairly young breaks my heart.

I'm thinking white background paper instead of kraft.

I'm torn over whether or not to incorporate the 2x2 or 4x4 squares. I see Miss KCB had square cards this week and since I seem to purchase so much of her stuff maybe I should include square cards if she is going to start making them routinely.

I need new title cards. I've used the same ones by Nettio for the last two years and I love them. I love the fact that they include the date and not the week of the year. I don't really care what week of the year it is--my brain doesn't work that way. But, I feel like it's pretty lame to use the same title cards for 3 years in a row, KWIM? I'm harassing her via email for new ones. After reading her post above I'm guessing I'm out of luck! Anybody else feel like taking that one on? Please?
Old 11-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to do digi. I'm sad but accepting it. I love the project but not the time suck of paper/hybrid lately
Old 11-15-2014, 08:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't do PL, but I do want to start doing a 2 page monthly wrap up for the random photos it take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to continue my P12, in a monthly pocket style. These were fun to make!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

idk yet either?? i am so far behind for 2014 and think I have 5 weeks or so of 2013 unfinished. what to do??
Old 11-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am the most behind I have ever been. I'm stuck at the end of October, plus I have two vacation albums where all the photos and journaling are in templates, I just need to put them together with kits. I just don't feel like working on any of it and I refuse to push it.

Next year, I'm planning to do pocket style layouts of events only... not everyday stuff. Everyday stuff is going to be documented in an Erin Condren planner. I plan to write a little something every day and I'm hoing to get a small photo printer so I can add photos from our week to the weekly spreads.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well... I'm still not done with PL 2012 or 2013... haven't even started 2014... but so ingrained to take photos and know that someday I'll do it... haha

The only thing is that i'm getting sick of the PL look... wish something different would come out, spice it up somehow...
Old 11-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Well... I'm still not done with PL 2012 or 2013... haven't even started 2014... but so ingrained to take photos and know that someday I'll do it... haha

The only thing is that i'm getting sick of the PL look... wish something different would come out, spice it up somehow...
I know exactly what you mean. I think that's somehow why I've never done the whole things by the week. I really can't imagine looking at a whole book like that. I like them sprinkled in, that seems to work because the traditional pages break it up with significant events.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
Next year, I'm planning to do pocket style layouts of events only... not everyday stuff. Everyday stuff is going to be documented in an Erin Condren planner. I plan to write a little something every day and I'm hoing to get a small photo printer so I can add photos from our week to the weekly spreads.
I LOVE that idea! I think it would be so fun to have my pictures in my planner...if I could actually remember to use my planner!

My plan is to do paper; I bought a ton of cards while I was home, and I'd love to simplify my life by just using the cards, photos & words, especially since I'm considering going back into teaching, but then what would I do with all my digital goodies?

I really think it meets some need in my heart to have new stuff to work with every week, but if I'm working full time, I will definitely not have as much time for scrapping.

So I just totally shouldn't go back to work, right??
Old 11-17-2014, 02:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm up to date and am happy with what I've done this year (all digital and on a monthly basis). Having said that, I feel like I should do something different for next year... but I have no idea what!

I mostly used Traci's Pocket Life collections this year, which made it very easy - only problem is that our seasons are the opposite so I was using summery kits to scrap June/July/August (which is my winter), autumn kits to scrap Sept/Oct/Nov (which is my spring). I don't know ($$wise) if I should buy similar stuff again next year so I'm debating whether to use this year's collections again (now that I have a whole year's worth at least then I can match the seasons to the months properly!)... but I kind of want new stuff!!

It would be nice to know what the designers (e.g. Traci) are planning to release for next year to help me make up my mind, as I like to be ready to go from January 1!!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post

Don't do it!! It totally gets in the way of important things like scrapping!

I currently work 3 days/wk but will have to soon decide whether to increase to 4 days from early next year. Not looking forward to that at all!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My plan is to do paper; I bought a ton of cards while I was home, and I'd love to simplify my life by just using the cards, photos & words, especially since I'm considering going back into teaching, but then what would I do with all my digital goodies?

Kellie! You're thinking about going back to teaching? Full time or just part time? I like the simplify life idea. If I had all the paper stuff on hand, I'd probably just do paper. I would be sad about the digital stuff, too. I'd probably have to figure out some way to make both work.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

In 2013, I did one digital PL page per week. This year, I am doing one digital two page PL spread per week. It makes no sense to my brain to have separate PL albums + traditional albums, so all my pages are together in chronological order. My 2013 album is complete (in part because I end PL on Thanksgiving Day and only do December Daily to finish the year).

For 2015, I am taking a cue from Shimelle and doing 2 page spreads that incorporate a traditional 12x12 page + a pocket page. So far, I'm envisioning this as picking one moment/story from the week to elaborate on with the traditional page. This is kinda what I already do since my pages are mixed together, but the difference (in my mind, anyways -- ha!) is that I will be matching up stories with the best page to tell them vs. 'forcing' myself to fill up a two page spread every week. I will also be playing around with different insert-size pages.

For instance, if we have a week celebrating someone's birthday, I see my PL as being a 12x12 pocket page with bday-centric photos, a front-and-back 6x12 insert with non-bday events/photos from the week, and then a traditional 12x12 page with 1 or 2 of the best bday photos and journaling describing the party, gifts, etc. On a normal week or a week with little going on, I may only have one insert-size pocket page.

Does that make sense at all?!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't usually do PL but for 2015 I want to do an instagram album with just phone pics (no using the dslr for this) and document my everyday life. I haven't decided what page size I want to do yet. I need to look at albums first.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I don't usually do PL but for 2015 I want to do an instagram album with just phone pics (no using the dslr for this) and document my everyday life. I haven't decided what page size I want to do yet. I need to look at albums first.
this is what i do in PL style. i only use my IG pictures. my DSLR pictures are usually of events or things i want to scrap traditionally.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:20 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I might try a pocket style album for 2015, never done anything like that.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to try PL 2015 however, I'm not going to put pressure on myself and instead of doing it weekly im gonna do a couple of pages per month. Hopefully it'll work! But we shall see...
Old 11-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just have 5 more weeks of 2013 PL to do. I am going to skip all of 2014 (for now) and then re-start with 2015. I am taking less photos these days too, so I may switch to 2 week spreads instead of every week.

Even if I do PL every other year, that's still a pretty good representation of our lives! Plus, I do a Shutterfly photo book as an extended family gift every year, with a 2-page spread of just photos for each month, so we always have those if I don't keep up with PL in any particular year. It doesn't capture the little, day-to-day stuff, but oh well.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haaven't decided yet. I'm way behind on 2014, working on June now. I started off this year hybrid, but soon switched to purely digital. If I keep going I'll stick to digital 8x6 free flowing, but might buy only full size page protectors, so each page is one big pocket where I stick a printed pocket style page.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
but then what would I do with all my digital goodies?
I dumped ALL mine in the middle of last year and never looked back!!! It was weird but freeing!!!

I'll continue with pocket scrapping in 2015, since it's the only scrapping I do now and it's a mixture of hybrid and paper. For the last two years I've done it weekly - with 7 people - it was so easy, but this past August my last kiddo started all day school and I'm finding my photo count per week is going down!! I mean there are only so many mommy & Scarlett sefies I can take in a week!!! So I'm toying with going monthly for the "school" year and weekly for the summer months - since most weeks during the summer I have 3 to 4 pages of photos!!! We'll see how the first few weeks of the new year play out!!!

I'm actually very behind on my scrapping - I just finished Week 39- 5 kids in school, 2 in every band/chorus thing under the sun, 3 boys in wrestling and being president of the PTA is kicking my butt!!! Hahaha!! But I'll get caught up - I'm not worried!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
I'll continue with pocket scrapping in 2015, since it's the only scrapping I do now and it's a mixture of hybrid and paper. For the last two years I've done it weekly - with 7 people - it was so easy, but this past August my last kiddo started all day school and I'm finding my photo count per week is going down!! I mean there are only so many mommy & Scarlett sefies I can take in a week!!! So I'm toying with going monthly for the "school" year and weekly for the summer months - since most weeks during the summer I have 3 to 4 pages of photos!!! We'll see how the first few weeks of the new year play out
My youngest also started full day school in September and I went back to work part time. I'm behind enough that I don't know yet how my pages may change when I get to September. I know I'm taking fewer photos, but I think I'll still have enough for 2 page spreads. I'm kind of looking forward to that; I'm scrapping summer now, and it takes forever to narrow down which photos to use since I have so many.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm all digital. 2014 was my second year, and in these two years, I changed A LOT. I went from daily 12x12 to weekly 12x12, then decided to go for printing and switched to A4, first weekly, then daily. At the moment I'm still daily, and 3 days behind, which is manageable (I expect to catch up over the weekend). I love the daily format, because it allows me to do a lot of journaling and emo-stuff, and I will stick to it as long as I can. But: next year, we will definitely move into another city, I will start working again, and then I might switch back to the weekly version. It's also the question if I'm still going to "need" the daily format once The Mentalist ended its run... the series finale is in february, and I use a lot of TM material for my PL at the moment. We'll see if I need the volume once the show is over.
For now, I'm daily and happy with it .
Old 12-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not going to change things up too much. I'm only about five weeks behind right now and should be caught up before the end of the year. I did buy some new templates on Black Friday and plan on using white background instead of kraft. I'm also looking for some new title cards.