Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Another Pregnancy Question: Morning Sickness

Lovin' all the pregnancy related threads around here lately.

Did you have "morning sickness"? If yes, when in your pregnancy did it start and stop?
Did you have nausea without vommitting? Food Aversions?

Curious minds want to know...
Old 08-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I had morning sickness really bad (for me) with this last baby, I didn't even want to get out of bed. Fortunately, I have an iron stomach and barely ever throw up, but I stayed nauseous ALL DAY LONG. It stopped around 13 weeks I believe.

I've had random food aversions all the way through too. Especially meat and anything with a really strong smoky flavor.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first pregnancy I had horrible nausea and food aversions- we were in NYC when I was 9 weeks pregnant and the subway tunnels were bad for me. We also passed by a middle eastern food cart on the street and I nearly tossed my cookies as the smell hit my nose. It went away after the first trimester was over.

Second pregnancy was pretty much the same except maybe a little less nausea. But I think with both pregnancies I only threw up 2 times so I was thankful for that!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had nausea w/o vomiting with both boys. Honestly, I would rather have been able to vomit than feel nauseous all the time. I didn't have aversions to food like working with raw meats made me yak or anything, but the foods I could eat were limited. With JP, I ate two hot dogs for lunch every day and bbq chicken thighs w/mac and cheese for dinner every night from about 12 weeks along. Breakfast didn't matter--I just had to eat something to curb the nausea. With D, I craved biscuits and gravy, enchiladas and strawberry cheesecake shakes from Sonic, but I could eat a lot more variety than I did with JP.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I had only one episode of vomiting with all three of my kids but had mild nausea throughout my pregnancies with all three kids. With my middle son I would get nauseous to the point of almost throwing up anytime I would smell something fried or smell fast food. I dont remember any food aversions with the other two. The only reason I remember it with my middle son is I used to love Burger Kings chicken nuggets and my husband brought them home one day and I could smell them when they came into the house.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had 24/7 nausea/vomiting for about 4 mos with DS and just over 3 mos with DD...both started around 8 weeks. It was horrible...smells were the worst...and movement...I basically wanted to just stay in bed all the time. And I would vomit..at least once a day..usually more. For those months food was absolute torture..b/c of course I didn't want to eat..but if I didn't eat then the nausea was worse. Once with DD I vomited so much during the day I burst a blood vessel in my eye..it was awful.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Did you have "morning sickness"? If yes, when in your pregnancy did it start and stop?
I had horrible nausea with both girls but never vomited. It started about 4 wks and ended about 13

I had horrible, horrible red meat aversion with Emma (my first). Like, to the point where I couldn't go down the meat aisle in the grocery store because just the smell of it would make me want to vomit. I had the same with Madelyn but it wasn't near as bad.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was sooo lucky not to have any morning sickness with any of my 3 pregnancies. Once in a while a smell like seafood would bother me, but I never vomited and was fine as soon as I was out of smelling range. A friend of mine had such bad nausea and vomiting (hyperemesis gravidarium) that she was hospitalized a few times.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I found out at around 4 weeks both times, and it started almost straightaway once I found out!

I was sick constantly every time I ate so not just good old morning sickness lol! It tired me out for the whole pregnancy, both times!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I was a little bit nauseous in the late morning with Luke. I never threw up, and a cracker or two took care of it.

No food adversions. But I did have what I called the point of no return. I'd be eating and be totally fine. Then all of a sudden, I'd put a bite in my mouth and couldn't eat it or I'd feel like throwing up.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

24/7 from 3weeks pg (yes. before i even knew ) till delivery. sucked.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both times I had morning sickness (no vomiting) from 8 to 13 weeks. It lasted most of the day but I was OK later in the evening. I ate snacks constantly with both so I gained a lot of weight. First time around I couldn't stand coffe (which I LOVE) and second time I could, but only after I ate my breakfast burrito from McDonalds. Every. Single. Day. They knew me by name by the end.

Oh and both mine were boys.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Morning sickness...*snort*...what a misnomer.

I was like La...24/7 the entire time. I'd been nauseous, sore up top, and feeling clutzy for a few days so I took a PG test...that was ELEVEN days after conception. The nausea lasted until delivery...which, of course, began with me puking in the bed at the hospital.

The smell of coffee made everything worse...I don't drink it anyway, but hubby was drinking a pot or two a day back then...and he said tough, I need it...deal with it.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

1st pregnancy: nothing
2nd pregnancy: all day sickness started at 6 weeks and ended a about 20 weeks. I puked for 6 weeks straight before I was admitted to the hospital.
3rd pregnancy: all day sickness started at 6 weeks and ended a about 20 weeks. No vomitting.
4th pregnancy: all day sickness started at 5 weeks and ended a about 25 weeks. Vomited off and on the for 20 weeks.
5th pregnancy: all day sickness started at 5 weeks and ended a about 26 weeks. Puked non stop from 5 weeks till 7 weeks and then was on zoforan till 26 weeks.

Food Aversions? Many many many, for about the first 15 to 20 weeks of my pregnancies I lived on weird things like for #2 is was salt and vinager chips and country time lemonade. #3 is was mashed potatoes. #4 it was plain white lender's bagels and homemade meatballs and with #5 it was orange juice and hard boiled eggs

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I spent most of my second trimester puking constantly, some weeks the only thing that stayed down was Orange Gatorade. I, too, broke blood vessels from puking. My smell aversions weren't food, but I couldn't stand the smell of alcohol or worse yet, Pinesol. Even now when I smell Pinesol it brings me back, thus I no longer use that.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

with my girls I didn't really have morning sickness. I don't really remember being sick at all with the first. I did get a stomach virus once and food poisoning, and let me tell you, that's bad when you're pregnant. It was horrible. And of course, the vomiting at 30+ weeks left me with heartburn the rest of the pregnancy.

With DD2 I wasn't super nauseaus but I did throw up quite a bit. And it was like instant relief, so I *almost* didn't mind it. I somehow discovered it was from my prenatal vitamins so I quit taking them (bad I know) for a couple months and was so much better.

with DD3, I threw up a few times but mostly i was STARVING all day every day from about 5 weeks until 15 or 16. It was miserable. I don't like to snack or even eat often (don't get me wrong, I enjoy eating--just 3 big yummy meals, not snacks), so it was hard trying to find something I could enjoy all day long. I gained weight sooooooooooo fast too because I HAD to eat--or I'd get sick. It wasn't fun. I'm sure morning sickness is worse, but sometimes I wished for it over NEVER being full, ever.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

With my first two pregnancies (boys), I had very minor morning sickness in the first trimester. Both pregnancies were very easy!

With my third (girl), I was nauseous and exhausted from weeks 7-14!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Honestly, I would rather have been able to vomit than feel nauseous all the time.
i vomited 24/7 and still felt nauseous all the time.

i had all-day sickness my entire pregnancy. vomited around the clock, couldn't even keep water down. vomited whether i ate or not...so yeah, i can confirm that seeing your own bile is just as ewwww as it sounds. ended up in the hospital twice (probably should've been more, but i'm stubborn)....3-4 day stay. had allergic reactions to 2 different nausea meds (awesome luck, huh? ). FINALLY got a bit of relief when my ob put me on zofran. not like, oh-i-feel-amazing-and-love-being-pregnant kind of better, just a little less puking. still nauseous around the clock, still hated all food, still in bed by like 8 every night (rather than my usual 2am) because no food = no energy. still miserable.

now can someone explain to me how i still managed to gain 50+ lbs?! that was, like almost ½ my body weight.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had nausea from about 6 weeks on for both pregnancies, so I had meds to take the entire time both times. My mom was unfortunate enough to be fully sick for all 9 months with all 3 of her kids and they didn't have meds back then (I don't think). She lived on milkshakes.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kim... did I miss an announcement?!?

I had morning sickness horrible with #1, a boy. Ended after first trimester. With the second, a girl, I never did get physically sick, but I had issues with nausea, specifically when cooking raw meat.

With #3... holy cow. I was still vomiting the week she was born. At times it was so bad that I had to go get B12 shots to help with it. I even vomited on the delivery table. Yet another reason why I stopped at three.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

None. I was really thankful for that!

I did have an aversion to meat in my first trimester though.... that was really annoying!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

With my first, I was nauseous all day, but hardly ever threw up. Now, with the second one, I was nauseous all day as well, but, I bought Sea Bands and let me tell you, they worked great!!!! I felt no nausea at all while I wore them.

As for cravings, I mainly crave pasta, lots and lots of pasta!!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 08-28-2010, 07:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was nauseated and tired from week 7 through the beginning of the second trimester. I only threw up twice, so it was just mostly general queasiness and fatigue. I got some mild cravings that would last a week or two at a time, but no aversions. Basically, I went to work and then came home and laid down on the couch until bedtime while Jeff took care of dinner and the house.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

With Connor I had 24 hour nausea with no vomitting to give me relief..even just a little while. It went on for weeks, and I found no real relief. Ginger would sometimes help, but not for long enough.

Aiden didn't seem to cause me so much discomfort, at least I can't remember it the way I remember Connor's. But I also drank a lot of ginger tea all during my early pregnancy, and it may have helped stave off the morning sickness as much.

Blue food. I was at Sonic, ordered a blue raspberry slushie...had about 5 sips and turned around and lost it...and the thought of blue food still makes me nauseous. Fake blue food I should say. But the weirder thing was actually the fact that since having Connor, I can't eat sour anymore. I used to love things that were sour like dill pickles, etc., and now I can't handle it. And my sense of smell has changed a lot, too - I'm much more easily offended a odors now.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

No morning sickness at all with both pregnancies no food aversions, either... so i was big hehe

Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DS #1 Nothing..well, just nosebleeds for the last 4 months
DS#2 YES Horrible m/s for the first 16 weeks. I mean horrible...puking morning, noon, night....I lived on waffles with tons of syrup for months. I couldn't walk in our kitchen or garage without puking and puked just about every day at work when I would go in the students lunch room.
DS#3 Threw up maybe once or twice...felt nauseous for about 13 weeks but not too bad.
DS#4 Threw up once and was nauseous a few different times but nothing compared to my other pregnancies!

This pregnancy has been the best so far. Completely different than the rest. I have TONS of energy and am up until midnight most nights. With previous pregnancies I was in bed at 7 at the latest.

Did you have nausea without vommitting? Food Aversions?
YES with my third pregnancy I had nausea A LOT for 13 weeks. This time around just a few times.

Food Adversions with my second...The biggest things were chili (and couldn't go in my kitchen for months after I threw it up) or any soup. There wasn't a whole lot that I couldn't eat but CRAVED Wendy's hamburgers!!! I just stuck with the waffles b/c they tasted ok throwing back up...EWWWWWWWWWW
Old 08-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was pretty lucky with my pregnancy. I've seen some bad morning(allday) sickness - my SIL, but I felt great the whole pregnancy, no sickness, nausia, I wasn't overtired. As for food, I craved everything fruity/icy, and the only aversion I had was the smell of french fries - for some reason, while I was pregnant, it grossed me out lol.