Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Red face I am sooooooooooo pregnant

I'm sitting here scrapping/surfing (anyone see my OTHER thread, lol) and all of a sudden I am STARVING.

So I IM DH -- no answer and then I call him. He's 2 streets away. I make him turn around and get me a burger and fries. It was sooooooooooo yummy.

The other night we were watching Desperate Housewives and someone was eating cookies. Yeah. You know where this is going.

So. Yup. Definitly pregnant and ready to have this baby.

Sooooo, not sleeping well at night.

What about you.........what did you do to your DH when you were PG?

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know what you're talking about. I was *so* nice to everyone during my last trimester. In fact, my husband often says, "Golly gee, Kel, I sure do wish you were pregnant again; you were so sweet and kind and undemanding." BWWWAAAHHHHAAAAA!

I think I said every day during my last trimester, "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME. I WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER ONE." I don't think I did anything related to pregnancy, but instead was simply a ummm, ya know, all around.

I was like a different person once that baby got out of me, though. How much longer do you have?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I was nice - really... I never made DH go get me anything with either pregnancy. Did I let him off too easy??????

However, I did eat A LOT of ice cream during my last month!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

what did I make him do for me? There ain't a thing I can make him do! hehehe I just wish he had been around in the last month of pregnancy - for any of them!!! Yup, you read that right ... my husband was not around for the last month of any pregnancy - he missed every single birth too!
When I had Cody (who is not biologically his, but he used to be best friends of bio-dad), he was moving to Whitehorse, NorthWest Territories. When I had Jenna, he was in Manitoba (he moved to be with us when she was a week old). With Xander, he was in Saskatchewan (we moved to be with him when Xander was 10 days old). And when I had Quinten, he had just moved to where we live now, and I was back "home" with the kiddos waiting for school to finish (we all moved out here when the baby was 3 weeks old).
Old 04-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

i was pretty good... the worst i did was freeze him out!! i was always so friggin hot and no matter how cold he made the house i was HOT!! i would be sleeping in a tank top and underwear and he would be in sweats and socks, bundled in a huge blanket, which i threw off about 3 minutes after putting it over me. LOL.

i create for
Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, mine lived in a freezer too!! And the only thing I actually made him bring me home, which was on his way home anyways, was FLAMETHROWERS from DQ and FRIES from Mc'Ds!!! Yummy.....

Proud to be creating for:

Old 04-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Made him watch the other kids while I laid down - hahahaha!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL I used to make Wes wake up with me at least twice a night to help with the leg cramps. They were THAT bad. I would be afraid to move.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Well, I was pretty good almost my entire pregnancy until during labor. I think I traumatized DH for life. First he didn't realize how foul mouthed I was when contractions hit, and then he almost delivered our DD since the doctor was nowhere to be found and I wasn't about to hold it just like the nurse said. LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I craved anything I didn't have to cook! So he made a lot of take out runs! lol
Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH offered to do/get things for me. He's well trained. Or maybe he was bored...he lost his job about four months before D was born, and with the exception of a seasonal part-time job, was home with me/us for 22 months.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ohhh DH has been watching my DD and taking her to the park every night while I lay in bed with the icky yucky nausea that doesn't seem to end!! Ohhh and I see lots of trips to Sonic in his future too to get me a cherry lime slushie!! I had one last night and it's just about all I can think about now!! LOL!! I'm sad, I know!! I'm due in December, so this could be a very long pregnancy for him - I'll try not to make it too hard on him though!! He's just too sweet!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was sick for all 9 months and basically dry heaved all day long so the only thing I ever asked for were saltines and ginger ale. But never made him go out to get anything. And he always says how happy I was when I was pregnant so I guess I was much nicer too! LOL!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

These stories always really freak me out! *lol*

I fully expect that as soon as Mission: Egg Implantation would be accomplished, I will simultaneously grow horns and another eye and demand that he shove peanut butter pickled spicy hot dogs down my throat for the next 40 weeks.

Boy, can't wait for that.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

25 days til my c-section - 32 to to my actually Due date

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
How much longer do you have?

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never had any cravings, but got really bad heartburn...so DH had to get up in the middle of the night to go to Wal-Mart to get me some heartburn stuff. And he would also have to wake up in the middle of the night to rub and apply pressure to try to get the heartburn to go away, for some reason that worked

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

SOOOOOOO don't miss those days! LOL I HAD to have guacamole with my last one, every single night! And then at the end I was having him make me eggplant parm. every couple of days because I heard that could induce labor - we've not had it since, and she is almost four!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband wouldn't go out to get me anything when I was pregnant. At first he was like...if you ask after 9 pm, I won't go. Then it changed to "you asked before 9, but my shows were on until 10, so now I can't go". Ugh, lol! So I would walk the 2 blocks to the convenience store, at night...any time. Didn't matter to me if it was 2am, if I wanted something, I was going myself since he wouldn't go for me. LOL!

Things I *did* make him do was cook meat (if I cooked it, I couldn't eat it, it would taste really off to me), and at the time of my first pregnancy we only had 1 fan and lived in a REALLY hot apartment, and I would sit at the computer and have the fan RIGHT next to me to cool me off. LOL! Poor guy would go to bed and almost die of the heat. When I went to bed, I'd bring the fan with me and then set it up to go directly on me. :P

I also got charlie horses REALLY bad with Mason towards the end of my pregnancy, and I'd wake up screaming and crying from them. Poor guy would shoot out of bed thinking I was in labor, lol!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great stories! I wasn't too bad! LOL! I would however drive him crazy at night when we went to bed. I would be sooo hot, and ask him to turn on the fan. A few minutes later, I would say, "Baby, I am cold, can you please turn off the fan?!". And then yes, you guessed it, I would be hot again, not much later. Needless to say, he would be up and down, turning on and off the fan! lol
Old 04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Ben passed out when Cam was born..he doesn't do blood well..He wasn't in there for Ryleigh and he stayed up top for Teaghan

I'm a pretty demanding person anyways...pretty sure it was tripled when i was pregnant. I was pretty crabby the last few weeks of Teaghan's pregnancy...not to mention the fact she was over a week late. Hubby is pretty relieved to be done with this lol

Before we moved DH was at sonic almost everyday for me..I needed a large ddp with crushed ice..yummmy

and wendys fries and frosty! lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

I made DH work overtime to pay for take out food cause I didn't want to cook, but I never made him drive and go get it. Towards the end I made him do the laundry since I didn't want to carry it up and down the stairs to the basement.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

all i wanted when i was pregnant with my last one was chinese! masses and masses of chow mein, lo mein, kung pao, wonton, mu shu and schezwan! yummy. dh wasn't so dear after a while tho...got tired of it.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I fully expect that as soon as Mission: Egg Implantation would be accomplished,
LOL, thats a great way to put it, LOL!!!

Proud to be creating for:

Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinFlo View Post
then he almost delivered our DD since the doctor was nowhere to be found and I wasn't about to hold it just like the nurse said. LOL!!!!!!!!
OMG mine told me to do that too and I told her she was crazy and could catch the baby. Doc got there 5 mins later and 10 mins later she was out. For my second pg. I saw a nurse midwife and she actually beat us to the hospital, but I almost delivered in triage.

I was good to my DH until I was overdue with #2...then I became a basket case. The last Harry Potter book came out on my due date and he told me he would stop and get me one, well they were OUT. So instead he came home with 3 HUGE bags of chocolate. I started balling my eyes out. Poor man, then he asked why I was crying and I just said it was because I was still pregnant! He went up to the mall stood in line for an hour and then got me the book on CD.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I made him DO anything, other than live with me - which was quite a lot to ask of someone.