Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default brushes have me thinking...

so - in the midst of sort of feeling "not completely behind and drowning" in my scrapping ha if that makes sense, I'm trying to challenge myself to try things I haven't - I think these bingo cards are rubbing off on me in lots of ways and pushing me to keep trying new things.

Oh my goodness, I never realized the brush sets that I have from some of the kits - I never ever use them because I haven't really loaded them; and if I'm going to use them I need to organize them or I know I just won't.

I thought it would be totally overwhelming to get them organized...it turns out it wasn't too bad at all! I'm excited - I made 5 or 6 "sets" and was moving between them all (and have a master set and back ups of all the originals too just in case of a crash) now I'm excited to play around with learning to use the actual brushes a bit more in my layouts.

So it has me thinking - what new tip/trick have you found lately that has been fun or maybe a great time saver or just something new that was totally intimidating until you finally tried it?
Old 06-14-2016, 10:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love me some brushes!! So happy you took the first step with them!

I use PSE and was recently informed that if I drag and drop from the photo bin then the name of the file will appear in the layers palette. I never drag and dropped from the photo bin so I had no idea. Now, I see the name of the file instead of Layer 1, Layer 2, etc.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This probably a 'duh' for most of you, but in ps you can hold down the ctrl key to toggle the auto-select on and off. For years now I've checking and unchecking that auto-select button a dozen times while moving elements around. It saves a lot of time!
Old 06-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't think of a new thing I've learned anytime recently, but a goodie that I learned a long time ago, when masking an area, if you toggle the backslash key (above the enter key) on and off it will show the area you have masked in red. This is so helpful to see in color where I am masking and then depress the ALT key to brush back any area you don't want masked.