Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Completing Bingo Card

So what is your strategy for completing your bingo card? I have never done more than 2 lines but I really want to do a blackout. I am looking for any suggestions or to hear how others complete their card.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I write out the challenges in a spiral notebook that I keep in front of me at my computer table. It helps having them written out, because then I can cross them out when I'm done.
When I write them out, I write down and photo or kit ideas that pop into my head. That usually gets me about half-way through.
Then, I have to work a little harder for the others.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I write out the challenges in a spiral notebook that I keep in front of me at my computer table. It helps having them written out, because then I can cross them out when I'm done.
When I write them out, I write down and photo or kit ideas that pop into my head. That usually gets me about half-way through.
Then, I have to work a little harder for the others.
WOW, this is exactly what I do too!!!

I work on ones that I automatically come up with an idea for, first. Sometimes filling in spots based off Designer's kits for CT work. Some prompts can be easier than others, but they are all open to interpretation.

I think a lot of it has to do what the time you put into it, the time you have to scrap, creativity and just commiting to it! I do better getting Black Out when my girls are all in school, then when they are home during the summer.

I like having them written down in front of me for the same reasons as Tammy. It helps to see what options there are as you are working. I take notes, write kit ideas, photo/theme ideas etc.

Good luck! Even a couple lines/rows are better than nothing, and you are scrapping pages- something you should still be proud of!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No thoughts put into it for me. I just look at the prompts and look through the photo folders of the past month (I usually scrap the previous month- worth of photos). I try to make them work. Sometimes they don't and I scrap older photos.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Every month I print the card. I read over ALL of the prompts and think about them that night. Before starting a layout, I look at all of the prompts and see if any of them fit what I'm scrapping. If they do, wham, I got a prompt done.

I'm a hot mess with my bingo card. Half the time, the last week of the month I still don't have a single line of Bingo because I'm all over the page!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
WOW, this is exactly what I do too!!!

I work on ones that I automatically come up with an idea for, first. Sometimes filling in spots based off Designer's kits for CT work. Some prompts can be easier than others, but they are all open to interpretation.

I think a lot of it has to do what the time you put into it, the time you have to scrap, creativity and just commiting to it! I do better getting Black Out when my girls are all in school, then when they are home during the summer.

I like having them written down in front of me for the same reasons as Tammy. It helps to see what options there are as you are working. I take notes, write kit ideas, photo/theme ideas etc.

Good luck! Even a couple lines/rows are better than nothing, and you are scrapping pages- something you should still be proud of!
Great minds!! LOL!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I usually do the first couple of prompts that jump out at me, after that - I try to do them in sequential order to get through them. It also keeps me from saving all of the more difficult (for me) prompts until the very end of the month.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

For me, usually, when I am about to start a page, I look at the bingo card and see which prompt would match or could be applied to the page I am thinking of making. I usually get to cross those challenge prompts that ask for specific elements/photos/background requirement first before the other theme specific ones, but then again, it is not always the case sometimes.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a tiff file saved of the card & open it everytime I'm working in photoshop. That way I can refer to it quickly! I try to complete them with ct requirements first then others that speak to me. There is usually a few towards the end of the month that I have to bust out but its doable!
Old 10-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On the 1st of the month I list out the challenges, then I go through my stash and photos and plan out what I can use for what challenge (this also helps me to figure out what (if anything) I may need to purchase, so I can plan on putting in an order and leaving those challenges until last. Other than that I start with the easy challenges first.... gallery love, blog scraplift, etc.... doing a few fast ones at the beginning gives me drive to push through the rest fairly quickly.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

thanks for some suggestions and hearing the ways others do the card.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
On the 1st of the month I list out the challenges, then I go through my stash and photos and plan out what I can use for what challenge (this also helps me to figure out what (if anything) I may need to purchase, so I can plan on putting in an order and leaving those challenges until last. Other than that I start with the easy challenges first.... gallery love, blog scraplift, etc.... doing a few fast ones at the beginning gives me drive to push through the rest fairly quickly.
Wow!! You are way more organized than I am, Jenn! I'm going to give this a try.