Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default 03*05*2017 ONAWA challenge: The Art of Being Deliberate

So I am typically a “white space” scrapper – I tend to have very minimalistic pages. Not many photos, not many elements – my style may seem a bit sparse, but I am very deliberate in what I create. Let’s take a closer look at the shadows on my example lay out. All of the shadows are in the same direction and look as if the light source comes from one distinct area. I also size my shadows depending on the expected physical weight of an element. The photo is stapled at the upper right corner only so the distance between the paper and photo is minimal there and where the photo is loose from the page the shadow is stronger. On clusters, depending on what is beneath and on top of an element should determine the strength of your shadow. Think of what it would look like in the “real world”, an item laying over multiple items would create more shadow than something that lays flat.
Another deliberate tie in my example is the photo of my daughter waking up, to the title of “good morning sunshine” plus the little bits of yellow accent color I used to play on the color of sunshine.
This month’s challenge is to be deliberate in your lay outs. Think about the cohesiveness of it all – how it all ties together…
Rules for this one:
~At least one photo
~ Use as many elements as you wish, but at least 3 decorative elements in an accenting color that ties into your theme
~Use 100% Sweet Shoppe Designs products, with 75% being On A Whimsical Adventure products. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...ufacturerid=60
~Once completed, post your layout in the gallery; then come here and post the link to your layout in the comments below. Make sure to note your deliberate actions in your comment…
~Deadline for this challenge is March 31st.
~All entries will be eligible to be entered into a drawing for an $8 coupon to On A Whimsical Adventure!
~Have fun!
I cannot wait to see what you all do!!!!