Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default My first SSD purchase(s) *SQUEE!*

Me again! New girl here! *waves*

Just wanted to gush about my first SSD purchase! I have been down and out with a pretty bad case of the flu -- the real flu -- you know, the one that knocks you on your bum and pretty much incapacitates you with body aches for what feels like forever? Pair that with my 17 month old having been the one to share her flu with me and well, we've been a pretty sick house this week. I haven't worked since last Monday.

Anyway, I was finally feeling a tad bit better last night and I took the plunge! I've been hoarding kits in my Wish List since I joined this community and it's literally brimming with tons of enticing goodies. I used this week to get over my "can I really do this" jitters and took the plunge!

I downloaded everything this evening and I'm now the proud owner of the following kits:

Free As a Bird (Petit 4)
Oh So Pretty (Petit 4)
Buggy Love (Lliella Designs)
Sunny Sorbet (Traci Reed)

I fell in love with two of the February Limited Edition kits and then chose two other kits from my Wish List that I want to tackle first. I'm going to practice learning more about PSE and LOs by playing with some tutorials and referencing the example LOs from the store listings. They are quite inspirational and honestly, the reason I chose the kits I did. They are beautiful!

Question:

I did participate a bit in the Click-a-Sig game (SO FUN!) and compiled quite a few folders on my desktop as a result. I've also got my new kits to organize, as well. Mind sharing with me your favorite method of organizing all of this squee-worthy madness?

I'm so excited to start scrapping after I feel energized enough (I'm totally whooped right now) but I do want to organize my files first. I was thinking it might be best to keep my kits together but also create duplicate files and organize them into folders categorized by subject (elements, papers, etc.) so that I can pick and choose at will. Once I have a larger collection of things I can them organize by subject, KWIM? Buuut....this would also double the space each item takes up on my hard drive. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance -- I'm off to finish poking around for ideas before my energy meter tuckers out.

ETA: I just found the very recent Organization thread that someone posted. It's chock full of wonderful ideas -- I'm always up for added thoughts on it but if you don't have the time to reply, that's okay!

Last edited by MadiLove918; 03-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh have fun. I'll let some of the other girls who are much more organized than me help you with organization. Hope you feel better soon, too!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to feeling up to par again. I was barely able to vaccuum my living room today but I'm getting there. I can't wait to learn to scrap more! It's really keeping my spirits up.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Congrats! I own all except Buggy Love, all great choices!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am in the process of tagging everything in Windows Photo Gallery. I have a folder for scrapbooking supplies called Scrapping Stuff LOL. In that folder I have it grouped by designer/s and then in those folders are the individual kits/designs. In the kit folders I have them grouped by papers, elements, alphas and wordarts. I am soooo far from being done though. I have been doing it for so long though I know most of my kits and can remember what the color schemes/themes are for the kit. Getting started on organization before you start amassing a huge collection is a really good idea!! I wish I had done that when I started LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Well, my kits count to more than 50 gigs now.. maybe even more

I have a folder named "Scrapbooking" on my DATA (E partition of HDD. The main subfolders are stores. As SSD is my TOP one, I have underscore as a very first sign of the name, so it displays as a first, i.e.

_SweetShoppe
Elemental Scraps
Pickleberry Pop
Scrap Orchard

etc.

Then I have subfolders according to designers, eventually collaborative folders.

Each kit has its subfolder, too. There is a file named folder.jpg of the kit preview and then subfolder with AP, EP andd PP.

I hope I have explained it well

Old 03-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Hello, and welcome! Congrats on your first purchase. If you are anything like the rest of us, this is just the beginning.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!