Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default People still PAPER scrap???

I went to Michael's tonight. My daughter is going on a trip with her grandmother and her grandmother wants to scrapbook it along the way. So since Grandma lives out in the middle of nowhere and has nothing like a Michael's, JoAnn's or A.C. Moore's nearby, it's my job to go and get the scrapbook stuff.

Everything I bought was on sale, but it still cost nearly $60 for an album, a pack of paper, and an assortment of stickers and journal cards. I will go to Walmart and see about extra protector sheets, photo corners, some adhesive, etc.

If I had to pay $75 dollars every time I felt like making a special book, I would go crazy!

I am SO thankful to SSD for being here and keeping scrapbooking affordable for me. Also, I have NO CLUE where I would put all this stuff. I know there are these mythical paper scrapbooking people who have special scrapbook rooms where they keep all their scrapping goodies and papers and stickers and ribbons and what have you. I'd need to buy a new house so I'd have a room to put all that stuff! LOL!

Also, I would never be able to truly experiment. Today I bought Traci Reed and Studio Basic's fun eclectic kit. How would I ever get an assortment of all those papers and elements in real life? There is just no way! I would have to choose between scrapping and eating! And it would take FOR-EV-ER!

Don't get me wrong. I'm really happy to put this little box of scrapping goodies for my daughter and Grandma together because it will give them a chance to spend time together and having fun and doing stuff! And they couldn't really do what they're planning to do together digitally because Grandma is not going to be learning Photoshop anytime soon and well, her granddaughter is still in elementary school.

But I'm just glad that for the same price as this one paper scrapping kit, I could buy so very much more here and use it over and over and over again!

And I know that when I buy here on SSD my money is going to real people and not to a big box store!

Edited to add: I actually DO some hybrid scrapbooking, but I'm telling that it in no way costs me very much money. (If I bought a Silhouette, maybe........) But right now my special project is a recycled CD album that I'm making using KCB kits. I did get a Crop-O-Dile big bite for Christmas, but it doesn't take up that much space and lets me recycle like crazy. And I have some chipboard albums ready to be hybrid scrapbooks too, but again, I'll be using digital kits.

Last edited by origami; 06-02-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Hybrid does not cost anywhere near as much as paper scrapping.