Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default House Partys-Every Hosted One?

You know this site?
http://houseparty.com/

I applied to host a Shutterfly book party back in 2009, but wasn't selected.

But we got selected to host the American Girl Crafts one, I'm just wondering if it's on the up & up? Or are they going to send me a big bill?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've hosted several, and it's been fantastic. One of our recent parties was for Cafe Escapes (K-Cups for Keurig). They sent us multiple packages of coffee and hot cocoa for our guests to sample, cookies, plates, mugs, and even some giveaway items (coupons, chapstick, sleep masks) and some mugs as a gift for the hosts (we ended up giving them away).

We also did a rice krispy party-- the gifts they gave us weren't as nice (some boxes of rice krispies, coupons, and a bowl), so there was more of a cost for me for ingredients to make the recipes I was making (it was a baking party), but I knew those weren't included ahead of time and had a bunch of marshmallows on hand, so... no big deal!

No cost, I promise-- you won't get a bill for it unless they mention an associated cost. You may incur a few costs if you'd like to go all out and add your own stuff (like me buying extra ingredients to make Rice Krispies treats-- a lot of other people on the forums there showed they just made the standard treats, but I went allllllll out and made a bunch of treats. The cost, I KNEW was my own, and I had planned for it before even applying).

They do it for the marketing potential-- this is far more effective than things like billboards, and puts it in the hands of people actually using it and trying it, making it a better word-of-mouth marketing opportunity for the company. You definitely need to follow their guidelines for taking photos (the group photo) and participating in discussions. Not because they'll charge you if you don't (because I promise, totally not a cost associated), but because you're MUCH more likely to get selected for future parties you're interested in if you participate and REALLY share your party.

Have fun, take plenty of pictures. It's a blast.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That sounds awesome!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ok how entirely fun! I've never heard of that, but I totally want to do it!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I did the Shutterfly one way back when. It was a great experience. A lot of fun, a lot of freebies, and a fun night when I hosted.

We moved and I've just opted not to sign up again. No bad reason, just too much going on in life.

Good Luck and have fun!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awesome! Thanks girls!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

To give you a little more idea of what it's like:

Cafe Escapes Party: http://digitaleramom.com/2013/01/14/...-cafe-escapes/
They provided the bags, cups, plates, some of the cookies, all of the K-Cups served (plus we had leftovers we got to keep), banner, door sign, all of that.
We provided muffins, the Keurig (they said you'd need a Keurig before you ever even applied-- it was pretty clear it wasn't included, and we already owned one, so it worked out well), and the fresh fruit. Plus the guests, of course.

Rice Krispies: http://digitaleramom.com/2012/11/02/...pack-giveaway/
They provided 4 boxes Rice Krispies, Bowl Scrapers for all of the guests, One Bowl, A paper chef's hat for the host, and some ideas for what to make.
I provided all of the other ingredients... but seriously, you don't HAVE to go that extreme. I had planned on doing a Rice Krispy party for my blog before I found out about the house party, because I wanted to show how versatile Rice Krispies were (I was really gunning for a brand partnership there... they were looking for some bloggers to partner with). Anyway, when I got the house party opportunity, I decided to go all out. Like I said... most people made a batch of rice krispy treats or had guests do something like the pumpkins.

Do a little, do a lot... it's up to you.

Just thought pictures might give you a little more of an idea of what THEY provide, plus a little bit of an idea of what a House Party is like.

Oh, I also remember years ago, our very first House Party was for Star Wars... they sent us an episode of the TV show, a bunch of star wars action figures, and some decorations. It was right around my brother's birthday, and he was nuts about Star Wars, so we just planned his birthday party with a Star Wars theme, took the pictures from that and used them... and gave out the action figures as goodie bag items. Score.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've hosted several. They are definitely legit. We applied for the AG party, was bummed we didn't make it in. I've hosted 2 Shutterfly parties, some kind of chocolate candy party (name escapes me now), Ziploc, and a few more. Always a lot of fun.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awesome! Keira is so into scrapping right now & crafts, this will be a lot of fun
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been selected several times, it's all good! I got the American girl one as well, I can't wait to see all the fun scrapbook stuff!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
I've been selected several times, it's all good! I got the American girl one as well, I can't wait to see all the fun scrapbook stuff!
So glad! We are so excited!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I love House Party!!! In the past I have hosted a DiGiorno Pizza party, a Keurig VUE party ( got to keep the Keurig Vue!!!) and a Soda Stream Party (got to keep the soda Stream!). Its a really neat site!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was selected for the HP wake up your wall - got a 16x20 canvas

I also got the AG party. Really looking forward to it.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

One of my friends hosted a Duck Dynasty one earlier this year. It was crazy fun

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe