Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Movie Birthday Help

My oldest just turned 11 on the 2nd. He wants to have a movie theater party, Please help!

#1 - How do I send invites when the theater doesn't release the movie times till the Tuesday before the weekend??

#2 - How do I word the invite that we are seeing the Hobbit (which is PG-13) and most are just under 13?

#3 - I HAVE to tell the theater the # before the party, how do I make the RSVP mandatory?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Maybe do the first showing of the day, Theaters tend to do the first showing at the same time every day. Just say, "we're seeing the Hobbit, which is PG-13 and please RSVP by xxxxxx or your child won't have a seat saved for them in the theater - any latecomers will have to pay for a ticket."
Old 01-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our local theater does birthday parties with a party room for cake. So I am sure they have some sort of system. Does your theater do birthday parties, or are you just all meeting there for the party?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a call into the 2nd theater in town. The main "chain" theater doesn't have a party room, just a party discount package
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DS was just invited to a movie party where the movie had not been released yet, so totally no way to know start times.They scheduled the party to meet at their house and made the plans for a 4 -1/2 hour window giving them time for everyone to arrive and have cake/pizza before the movie. With time for present opening as a sliding activity to fit the timing of the movie. It worked out better than I expected.

They told us what theater and also the movie that they were going to - in case a guest could not come for the whole thing. And also her cell number for just in case.