Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2024, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default scrapping goals

I don't set New Year's resolutions (that's just not me). But I did set a few scrapping related goals for this coming year! Anyone want to join in, post your goals or just keep each other accountable/encouraged?

My goals:
1. Finish Scrapping our Cruise album and print it before our next cruise, next May (2025).
2. Scrap with the freebies. Every year, SSD releases new freebies, and every year I download them. But I tend to get busy scrapping with other things, that I don't fully scrap with my freebies. My current goal is to scrap with those freebies before the new ones come out! Because I am doing these pages quicker, I am not posting them, but I am halfway through the freebies!! Yay!
3. Complete 3 school/College albums before next May (2025). I will have 2 college and 1 High school graduates next year. When the girls graduated High School, I gave them each a "yearbook" album with school memories. So I hope to do that for the 3 graduates for next year! I am off to a good start for 2 of them....but the 3rd one...she is a people person! She takes sooooo many photos! I'm not sure where to start! I may try to finish the others before I fully attack her!

Anyone else set Scrapping goals for the year that you want to share?!
Old 02-11-2024, 06:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

WOW, you are impressive. I only ever set scrapping goals if I am gifting someone a book. I can't take the pressure so for me it helps to just keep it free and fun. LOL

Old 02-11-2024, 07:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to have a goal of scrapping everything I downloaded. I learned really quickly not to download so much stuff! Now I just scrap what makes me happy.

I?m going to finish my 2022 and 2023 albums, while simultaneously staying up to date for this year, though I still haven?t decided my format for this year. I just know that the years I was current, I recorded so many every day moments that I would have forgotten otherwise.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
WOW, you are impressive. I only ever set scrapping goals if I am gifting someone a book. I can't take the pressure so for me it helps to just keep it free and fun. LOL
I guess you could say I am "gifting" myself the cruise book, and the girls their school books. Otherwise, what gets done, gets done!
Old 02-12-2024, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I used to have a goal of scrapping everything I downloaded. I learned really quickly not to download so much stuff! Now I just scrap what makes me happy.

I?m going to finish my 2022 and 2023 albums, while simultaneously staying up to date for this year, though I still haven?t decided my format for this year. I just know that the years I was current, I recorded so many every day moments that I would have forgotten otherwise.
That makes a lot of sense! I do tend to forget little moments or things said/done if I don't scrap them right away. I am FAR from being current! I just scrap whatever! I do love scrapping what makes you happy! I try to do that too! Sometimes I scrap just to scrap!

I hope you figure out your format for this year! Good luck!

Last edited by aussiegirl; 02-12-2024 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My goal is to scrap my grandson's first year baby book.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My #1 goal was to get caught up on my regular scrapping. I just got my September - December 2023 album in the mail! I worked my butt off the last couple months and I'm completely caught up.

Next goals...

Cooper is in 10th grade, I have his monthly albums I'm working on now, I'm up to June 2015, I'd like to get it as caught up as possible so I'm not scrambling his Senior year like I did with Keira last year.

Harper is in 5th grade, I'll start working on his albums once I'm done w/ Cooper's. But I'm planning just to swap photos out, so his should be much quicker.

These books will be for the kids to keep, not for me.

Then maybe some All about me pages. And of course staying caught up.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:22 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping goal is to start scrapping, finally, after many years of just purchasing loads of stuff, unzipping them and organizing everything. The time has come to enjoy my purchases. I've started slowly doing a few layouts for this year's birthday challenges. I love the feeling of a finished layout. I guess once you start, you can't stop.
Old 02-16-2024, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My only goal is to stay about a year behind. I just spent all morning getting my 300+ page 2022 book ready and uploaded for Blurb's 30% off sale. After seeing my book all laid out, maybe not scrapping the cat so much should be a goal. lol
Old 02-16-2024, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
My goal is to scrap my grandson's first year baby book.
Awww, how fun! Probably a whole new world of scrapping when it comes to Baby Books!
Old 02-16-2024, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
My #1 goal was to get caught up on my regular scrapping. I just got my September - December 2023 album in the mail! I worked my butt off the last couple months and I'm completely caught up.

Next goals...

Cooper is in 10th grade, I have his monthly albums I'm working on now, I'm up to June 2015, I'd like to get it as caught up as possible so I'm not scrambling his Senior year like I did with Keira last year.

Harper is in 5th grade, I'll start working on his albums once I'm done w/ Cooper's. But I'm planning just to swap photos out, so his should be much quicker.

These books will be for the kids to keep, not for me.

Then maybe some All about me pages. And of course staying caught up.
Lol! I did this for the girls too! I made a few layouts into quick pages or just saved them as a working layout, switched things around just a little (different grade, changed the name and date) boom! Another page done! too funny! Glad it's not just me! The more we have to scrap, the same subject, it's just easier to "reuse" pages. It's still a page new to their album (as long as they don't look too closely at a siblings and see how "close" those pages really are!)
Old 02-16-2024, 03:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky23ny View Post
My scrapping goal is to start scrapping, finally, after many years of just purchasing loads of stuff, unzipping them and organizing everything. The time has come to enjoy my purchases. I've started slowly doing a few layouts for this year's birthday challenges. I love the feeling of a finished layout. I guess once you start, you can't stop.
That's great! congratulations on getting back into scrapping! I agree that it's easier once things are more organized! I can look for Valentine's kits and certain templates to make my pages go that much quicker!
Old 02-16-2024, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
My only goal is to stay about a year behind. I just spent all morning getting my 300+ page 2022 book ready and uploaded for Blurb's 30% off sale. After seeing my book all laid out, maybe not scrapping the cat so much should be a goal. lol
But...I'm sure the cat is adorable! Girl, if you are only 1 year behind, I admire you! I have layouts that still need to be printed from 2007, but I don't know if the "albums" would even be done and ready for me to print. I think for the next few years, I am just going to ask for Shutterfly giftcards for Christmas and Birthday. Maybe that way I can get some albums done and printed!
Old 02-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just try to scrap what I am feeling. I have photos as far back at 2007 that need to be scrapped so I just do what I can. I am so behind that if it gets done, it gets done. I did have a goal at one point to do our 2020 Disney page. I probably should focus on that and then the next trip to get them done. The newer trips are harder though bc I have taken a step back on taking photos and my boys take photos. My oldest has a DSLR as well as his phone, hubby and the youngest have decent phones so I end up with a lot of photos esp from the oldest
Old 02-19-2024, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I just try to scrap what I am feeling. I have photos as far back at 2007 that need to be scrapped so I just do what I can. I am so behind that if it gets done, it gets done. I did have a goal at one point to do our 2020 Disney page. I probably should focus on that and then the next trip to get them done. The newer trips are harder though bc I have taken a step back on taking photos and my boys take photos. My oldest has a DSLR as well as his phone, hubby and the youngest have decent phones so I end up with a lot of photos esp from the oldest
My girls have a rule that at least for trips, I get a copy of everyone's photos. Their everyday photos, every few months they will ask me to take some off their phones or cameras to make more space. I keep those photos on my laptop with the plan to one day buy each of the girls an ehd for them to put and keep their own photos on.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
But...I'm sure the cat is adorable! Girl, if you are only 1 year behind, I admire you! I have layouts that still need to be printed from 2007, but I don't know if the "albums" would even be done and ready for me to print. I think for the next few years, I am just going to ask for Shutterfly giftcards for Christmas and Birthday. Maybe that way I can get some albums done and printed!
Full disclaimer--by one year behind I mean current scrapping. Everything before 2019 is still a jumble of scrapped and to-be scrapped.