Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2024, 09:47 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Hey Grandmas!

My grandson, Wren, is two months old today and I totally love being a grandma. I have so much fun with him and there is a lot of photo taking.

Becauseof this, I thought I would pop in and ask the other grandmas in the group what kind of kits they would like to see focusing on grandkids and being a grandma, grammy, gigi, nana, mimi, granny, nonna, etc....

And if you want to post a photo of your grands and brag on them a little, I say go for it. Since I am new at this, I would love to see photos and hear your stories, because I have a lot to learn.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not a grandma, but my mom goes by 'granmom' so I'd love that to be included

Old 04-09-2024, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 6-year-old granddaughter, a 4-year-old grandson, and a 3-week-old grandson and I go by "babcia" because of my Polish heritage. They figure prominently in my scrapbook layouts since other than taking photos of my garden and a few road trips we take now and then, I wouldn't have much material to scrap with if it weren't for them. I do have a few boy kits that I like but on the whole, I scrap with whatever kit looks appropriate with the photos that I have. Congrats on becoming a first-time grandma - I love being one.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:34 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

You make me wish my mom is a scrapper, Lorie
Old 04-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I love being a Nana! I have 3 grandsons and they are all so special! You can see that my gallery is mostly filled with their faces… my ex and I raised our oldest for 8 years and I would say that experience was life changing. Brantley is his name and in my opinion is the most special boy. He has a very quirky sense of humor and is so loving
I love messy kits for scrapping their older pictures. I also need some in between kits - not babyish and not schoolage if you know what I mean
My favorite of B
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ketchy&cat=500
Old 04-15-2024, 11:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Fairly new Nana here! My grandson (my first grandchild) is coming up on 5 months old already. It still feels kind of weird to post about him as I really couldn't until he was 6 weeks old and my daughter finally announced his arrival publicly. She doesn't post much on social media lately (life, work, not enough sleep - welcome to parenthood LOL!) and so while she sends our little family chat photos regularly she doesn't post them herself. I try and respect that.
As far as scrapping requests go the things I would like to see would be about the NICU - Michael was 6 weeks early and spent a couple of weeks there before he was ready to come home, and then the ways we connect across the miles since we don't live close by. I get quick updates pretty regularly via Snapchat mostly, and we've done a few video calls. I'm sure that will increase as he gets older - he is already fascinated with screens of all kinds We won't get to travel for an in person visit again until after his auntie is graduated from high school.

A couple of recent pages featuring him:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-lucky&cat=500

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...onster&cat=500
Old 04-16-2024, 09:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
Fairly new Nana here! My grandson (my first grandchild) is coming up on 5 months old already. It still feels kind of weird to post about him as I really couldn't until he was 6 weeks old and my daughter finally announced his arrival publicly. She doesn't post much on social media lately (life, work, not enough sleep - welcome to parenthood LOL!) and so while she sends our little family chat photos regularly she doesn't post them herself. I try and respect that.
As far as scrapping requests go the things I would like to see would be about the NICU - Michael was 6 weeks early and spent a couple of weeks there before he was ready to come home, and then the ways we connect across the miles since we don't live close by. I get quick updates pretty regularly via Snapchat mostly, and we've done a few video calls. I'm sure that will increase as he gets older - he is already fascinated with screens of all kinds We won't get to travel for an in person visit again until after his auntie is graduated from high school.

A couple of recent pages featuring him:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-lucky&cat=500

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...onster&cat=500
Gosh, what a cutie pie.

You know what, a NICU kit seems like a good idea to me too, now that you mention it. Wren was in NICU for five days, so we definitely have photos too. I will have to see what I can do with that idea.

I also like the distance idea. I will add that to my list of things to mull. Thank you.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Gosh, what a cutie pie.

You know what, a NICU kit seems like a good idea to me too, now that you mention it. Wren was in NICU for five days, so we definitely have photos too. I will have to see what I can do with that idea.

I also like the distance idea. I will add that to my list of things to mull. Thank you.
yay! happy to contribute ideas when designing time comes if you need suggestions. I will look through my photos and try to jot down ideas of things to maybe include.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and another thing I just thought of is something to record the first year physical milestones - smiling, rolling over, sitting up, first tooth, etc. Not necessarily a kit, though I'm sure it could be one, but something that could be used with other full kits as an addition? a card set, labels, stickers, word strips? something that a date could be 'written' on and used on a page to record when it happened easily. Or even maybe a full page with a list of common milestones with lines to record the dates on? Like I said I get lots of snaps with 'he did this just now or today' and I take screenshots to remind myself of when it happens for later.
My kids still ask me "when did I do that?" and I have to go pull out the old scrapbooks and look at the journaling on the pages to figure it out sometimes. With the twins back in the day I had two identical baby's first year calendars with a set of stickers for milestones. I had to fill out the calendar grids for the appropriate months once they were born. The top page of each month had the prompts of some kind for common things that would happen during that time period and there was also a set of stickers to just put on the date for easier recording. Gosh, now I'm going to have to go dig one of those out of the old memorabilia boxes and look at it
Old 04-16-2024, 11:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Of course I can't find one of the calendars. Too many different organizational efforts over the years and this last move I suppose. I know they are around somewhere.
But, looking through your recent baby album template sets in the store I'm thinking some sort of addition that could be used with those or on their own. Terms I googled that are popping up the sort of thing I'm thinking of are 'Baby Developmental Milestones' list or chart. The first year calendars I see on Amazon have the top page with the same generic prompts - things you are doing this month, eating, etc. That seems familiar. Also 'baby first year planner sticker' sets are close to what I'm thinking of. I think those things could be used with your baby Welcome to the World Album and First Year Template Sets you've done recently to expand on them.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to the grandma club Lorie! Those grandbabies really change our lives!!

We have three grands, ages 10, 8 and 6. You'll see them in the majority of pages I create! I'm blessed in that our son and DIL share photos of the kiddos doing other things (when they aren't hanging out with us), so I'm able to scrap those memories as well. My plan is to create a book (or 2 or 3) for each of them that is filled with layouts I've created over the years (thinking I will give them to them when they graduate HS). I try to journal as much as possible and hope they will enjoy reading and reminiscing when they are older.

When I run out of current photos to scrap, I dig back through my stash (of over 10,000 photos of them ... so far ... ) and scrap older photos (that I've probably already scrapped once or twice - lol).

Here are a few recent pages I've created:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...r-date&cat=500
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ry-fun&cat=500
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...mories&cat=500

As far as kit ideas, time is a thief and time with them is already getting less and less as they become more involved with school and other activities and friends ... so something based around that maybe? Also, maybe something focused on the unique bond grandparents have with their grandkiddos.

Thanks for starting the thread Lorie, I love reading about others precious grandchildren and can't wait to see your new kits!