Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Hey check out Robotics Saturday 4pm Central/5pm Eastern

The NASA Channel is going to televise LIVE on Saturday at 4pm central/5pm eastern the BEST Robotics National Championship final rounds and the VEX World Championship final rounds.

There are over 400 teams at the Vex Championship ... and the 12 teams for the BEST Nationals Championship!! We're in the LIME GREEN shirts and we're the Metro Homeschool Robotics Team with BEST! If you see someone hopefully sitting in the front row in a lime green shirt with a long lens in front of her face ... that will be me.

I wish I could figure out a way to RECORD the NASA channel and get it on dvd to give to all our team members ... but so far no one I know has the NASA channel.

I am so excited to be part of the very first BEST Robotics National competition!! This is sooooooooooo cool!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Sharon -

I'm not sure if you're going to be checking this or not...but we're going to be there. I'll give you a call when we get there. I don't know the difference between the two groups, but we want to meet up, see all we can see, and then see Grant at the presentations- wherever that's going to be.

Can I give you a call tonight after 7? (sorry...long distance stuff and all LOL)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I won't be able to make it. I am officially calling this Spring's 'walking season' over...for me, anyway. I don't know if it's the heat or what but a fresh set of MS symptoms is cropping up and I'm barely walking at all...yesterday's quarter-mile is the last lap I'll be doing for a while. Well, I'll try tonight after if cools off...maybe it's just a daytime/heat thing. But clearly, a daytime jaunt around the convention center is out.

Good luck and I'll be rooting for you from my recliner...lol!
Kristi
Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Sharon -

I'm not sure if you're going to be checking this or not...but we're going to be there. I'll give you a call when we get there. I don't know the difference between the two groups, but we want to meet up, see all we can see, and then see Grant at the presentations- wherever that's going to be.

Can I give you a call tonight after 7? (sorry...long distance stuff and all LOL)
I just saw this! We've been sitting here watching Myth Busters (getting ready to see Grant tomorrow...lol) ... they are watching it on my laptop...all I had done so far was check the sneaks....

I'll be up until 10:45 pm if you want to call me...maybe later...but i know until then...because I have clothes to put in the dryer (the team shirts!) ...

We'll be up by 7am... we have to be there by 7:45 ... things start I think at 8:30 am ...

when you walk in the stadium... you will see 3 playing fields with nerf footballs on them....and then over on one side you will see a playing field that looks TOTALLY different that has "earth globes" (blown up) hanging above the field ... that is the BEST Robotics playing field...we'll be over on that side ... we're in bright lime green shirts and hopefully will be the LOUDEST group (we get judged on our spirit and sportsmanship LOL) ... Metro Homeschool ...

Everyone on the team knows who I am ... and I should hopefully be on the front row with my camera in front of my face. LOL
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaugh View Post
I won't be able to make it. I am officially calling this Spring's 'walking season' over...for me, anyway. I don't know if it's the heat or what but a fresh set of MS symptoms is cropping up and I'm barely walking at all...yesterday's quarter-mile is the last lap I'll be doing for a while. Well, I'll try tonight after if cools off...maybe it's just a daytime/heat thing. But clearly, a daytime jaunt around the convention center is out.

Good luck and I'll be rooting for you from my recliner...lol!
Kristi
Oh sorry to hear that ... my sil has MS ... oh goodness....hopefully it will be better if it cools off.

4pm central/5pm eastern NASA channel will televise the final matches! ... and you might check the internet ... you might find us online ...

http://www.vexrobotics.com/

I'll be in lime green (Metro Homeschool) ... I'm blondish with glasses...and a canon rebel camera ... hopefully in the front row ... it's going to be so much fun!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Sorry I didn't call last night, Sharon...I'd already gone to bed before you posted this. It's been a long and tiring week, and I was wiped.

We had planned on coming pretty early in the day, but I think we won't actually get there until about 1-ish. I hope it'll still give the kids time to wander and see cool stuff in the halls before the big matches. But we'll be there! I'll give you a buzz when we arrive.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Sorry I didn't call last night, Sharon...I'd already gone to bed before you posted this. It's been a long and tiring week, and I was wiped.

We had planned on coming pretty early in the day, but I think we won't actually get there until about 1-ish. I hope it'll still give the kids time to wander and see cool stuff in the halls before the big matches. But we'll be there! I'll give you a buzz when we arrive.
Gotta run in 5 minutes and not packed yet...I was up until 2 a.m. doing laundry of team shirts...I'm so tired! Major caffeine time...LOL

I think booth tear down is at 2pm so you might want to walk into the convention hall...turn right...go past the Vex store...there will be the 8 BEST booths ... I figure you being a teacher you might like to see how the different teams interpreted the competition theme.

When you walk into the arena...if you see the ONE playing field that looks different ... that has blown up earth globes....that is the BEST playing field...we will be sitting behind that...lime green shirts ... METRO HOMESCHOOL ... hopefully I will be in the front row with my camera and long lens. lol

I might not hear a call...I can receive texts if you can send them. Lunch break is scheduled from noon until 1pm.

I hope we get a chance to meet.... the matches are only 3 minutes long ... so if our team is up... I'll be able to talk in 3 minutes! lol
Old 04-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Crap. I can't see us getting there any earlier..but I'll see if I can wake the snoring dragon a bit early and get our Saturday stuff done earlier.

Thanks, Sharon - we'll find each other! I can't do texts..so I'll come looking for you!