Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Mystaya has the chicken pox

Or so I think(I have never seen them before)
I'll be bringing her to the doctor's today just to make sure ugh I really hope she doesn't get it too bad and get too uncomfortable Anyone have any advice on what to do or what not to do?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's not too bad when they're little. I got them when I was 5, and that was it. My sister, unfortunately, kinda half-got them when I did, but she was so little and her bout so slight that she got them AGAIN when she was in kindergarten. Yuck.

Always better for her to get them when she is little than when she is an adult. Chickenpox as an adult is a BEAST.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Oatmeal baths! I remember loving them cuz 1)it felt good, and 2) it was fun to pop the pockets of oatmeal stuff that didn't mix into the water well :P

I had an AWFUL case, during the spring/summer. In my insides and everything. I think the oatmeal and then calamine lotion helped. Calamine more to make me not itch than anything else.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure the dr will give you advice on medication, but I had them when I was an adult, and the only thing that really helped the itching was Benadryl.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My two kids got them last year and I had never had them before, and guess who broke out along with them?? Yup, I had chicken pox at the ripe old age of 35!! Both the kids handled them well. I had some cream that the DR. gave us. The hardest part was trying to keep them from itching to much. I on the other hand wanted to die!! The itching, was awful and I had a pretty high fever. Since you never had them before you will want to keep an eye out for any breakouts on you in about a week. ANY sign that you are catching them get thee to the DR. ASAP because there is a medication that they can give you that will lessen the outbreak in an adult, but has to be started within the first 24-48 hours of the first sign of a breakout! *huggs* to your daughter and I hope she gets better fast!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ahh, hugs to your little one! I hope they aren't too bad and the effects don't bother her too much! Make sure you get some Calamine lotion for the itching! Good luck, have you had them before?

Proud to be creating for:

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs sweety! We havent had them here with the kids but I remeber having them when I was about 6 or so and they really werent to bad past the itchniss. I second the oatmeal baths and calmine lotion. Good lucky sweety!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girlies! unfortunatly my little girl has sprouted at least 30 more dots in the last couple hours and has a really big one down below that makes her uncomfotable to walk, The doctor's office told me to put callamine lotion on her(which i did) get oatmeal bath, and do benadyl(liquid) AND if she get's a fever to take children's tylenol.
So hopefully doing all this will make sure my little pumkin isn't too uncomfortable, she's laying on the couch right right now happy with her bro making a craft and watching dora My dh as a child had it horrible it was in his eyelids everywhere, me well let's just say i only had 2 spots(so I'm likely going to get it again)
DS got the vacine against it, and has no spots so no idea if he'll get them or not, mystaya couldn't cause it came out when she was too old to get it.
Thanks for the advice girlies, you would think as a daycare worker that I've seen chicken pox before(in the 8 years) but I haven't so I feel like a first time mom and worrying prob. more then I should LOL
Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Oh darn! Hope the lotions and oatmeal bath help!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

poor kidlet your DS MIGHT get them, but it should be a mild case of them. I hope Mystaya feels better soon
Old 05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Oh man I hope she will be better real soon. I had it when I was little and it was pretty rough. I just remember itching all the time but the benadryl and calamine will help a lot with that. I had a really bad case but I did get over it in about a week. I think it looks and feel scarier than it really is. Back in the day we didn't have shots for that. Whoever the first kid in the neighborhood was to get chicken pox, all the other parents would take their kids over to see them so they'd get it over with before school started. Sounds awful but it was just one of those things where everybody was going to have it, and you'd rather deal with it sooner than later. Don't know what the parents were thinking back then, but um, that's what they did 25 years ago around here LOL.
Poor baby. I hope she can stay comfortable. I bet it'll be tougher on you mom.

Have you and your other family had chicken pox Micheline? Hubby/boyfriend, other adults, etc? Be careful if you haven't, I think they say it's worse for adults.

facebook
Old 05-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

dh had it really bad in every nook and cranny including in his eyelids, me I only got 2 spots (if i remember properly)
Unfortunatly I do run a daycare(closed obviously now) but I have a feeling all my little spuds might get it too
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Benjamin had it when he was 3, and got it everywhere, he was completely covered. We used a lot of calamine lotion. I had it when I was 5, same thing, calamine lotion.

I hope it is easy for them, Amelia only got 2 spots when Benjamin had it (Rae wasn't born) and the doctors said that since she had so few, her body may not have built up enough immunity and she may get it later.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Blah! No fun at all! I hope she gets better fast! I had them when I was in highschool and it was HORRIBLE!!!! I have heard that it isn't as bad when your little. Oatmeal baths are really good!