Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What's the dumbest thing you've done lately?

I tend to be a little scatterbrained and do a lot of stupid things, but yesterday was one of the worst. I was on my way to the dr FINALLY (been coughing for ages) and decided to toss the garbage in the dumpster on my way out. Had my keys in the same hand as the trash and threw my keys in the dumpster.

I climbed in there and searched for about 10 minutes before I started crying. Had to call the dr and tell them I couldn't make it to my appt. Finally called Keith bawling about the situation, he left work and crawled in there with me and somehow managed to find them. Let me tell you... it was naaaaaaasty! There were egg shells and coffee grounds and some slimy crap all over them.

Tell me your latest.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can’t even imagine! I’m so glad you found your keys in all of that trash!

I do a lot of dumb things, probably daily, but I try to quickly forget them!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Val. I would be crying, too. That's a smell you won't forget any time soon. Hopefully, you can find a little bit of humor in it now.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh no I've totally thrown stuff away on accident too! eek!

Old 03-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ahh that happens when your mind is filled with stuff
i got one for you... Saturday i got a message saying gran needs help and cousin not helping her, i was pissed at cousin for not being there for gran so i rushed and called uber to go to grans, locked the door behind me and shut it and realized i didn't even have my keys!! along with my debit cards... i was like oh well, at least i got my phone and went in uber to grans to check up on her and waited for my bf to get home from work to go back home do i can get in . All worked out

Old 03-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh. Trash is the worst. Reminds me of being a kid and throwing my retainer away and having to dig through the trash to find it.

One time I bought airplane tickets for 12:30...or so I thought. Only to arrive for check in and discover that 12:30 was the arrival time. And since we live on an island, there was no other option but to buy new tickets right then. I still feel sick when I think about it, but now, at least, I am super obsessive about checking the date and time!

Last year when my husband went home for his dad's wedding (we live in the Philippines), he left his passport in the copier at home (because you know it's really important to have a photocopy of your passport...NOT) and got all the way to Manila, on another island, before he realized he'd left it behind. We paid more for his one way ticket that day than we had for his round trip ticket. I really wanted to just tell him to come back home, since the natural consequence is that you don't get to go to america if you don't pack your passport, but I sucked it up and bought him that new ticket.

Last edited by joelsgirl; 03-07-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chels85 View Post
ahh that happens when your mind is filled with stuff
i got one for you... Saturday i got a message saying gran needs help and cousin not helping her, i was pissed at cousin for not being there for gran so i rushed and called uber to go to grans, locked the door behind me and shut it and realized i didn't even have my keys!! along with my debit cards... i was like oh well, at least i got my phone and went in uber to grans to check up on her and waited for my bf to get home from work to go back home do i can get in . All worked out
Yes, that's exactly the kind of stuff I do all the time. One time I needed a ride to work because my car was broken, got to work and realized I left the key to the shop at home, and my ride didn't have time to take me BACK home and then BACK to work to get it. So I had to sit at a bagel shop and wait for a coworker to bring me their key.

Just never have my ducks in a row!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Ugh. Trash is the worst. Reminds me of being a kid and throwing my retainer away and having to dig through the trash to find it.

One time I bought airplane tickets for 12:30...or so I thought. Only to arrive for check in and discover that 12:30 was the arrival time. And since we live on an island, there was no other option but to buy new tickets right then. I still feel sick when I think about it, but now, at least, I am super obsessive about checking the date and time!

Last year when my husband went home for his dad's wedding (we live in the Philippines), he left his passport in the copier at home (because you know it's really important to have a photocopy of your passport...NOT) and got all the way to Manila, on another island, before he realized he'd left it behind. We paid more for his one way ticket that day than we had for his round trip ticket. I really wanted to just tell him to come back home, since the natural consequence is that you don't get to go to america if you don't pack your passport, but I sucked it up and bought him that new ticket.
I haaaaaate that feeling when you realize you left something impt at home, or at the store, or whatever. And garbage really is the worst. On top of the regular trash, someone had FINALLY thrown their real Christmas Tree away and all the branches and needles were stabbing me. For crying out loud!
Old 03-08-2018, 12:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am usually not scatter-brained (I serve as everyone else's brain) but I have been sick and exhausted the last week and forgetting or doing silly things here or there.

Today I met up with DH and the kids for dinner. When the kids ran over to hug & kiss me hello, I grabbed my purse & got out to follow them inside the restaurant. That's when DH asked me, 'Um, is your car still running?' I gave him a blank look before turning around to check.

Yup, I got distracted by the kids and totally forgot to turn the van off or take my keys out of the ignition. *facepalm*
Old 03-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I am usually not scatter-brained (I serve as everyone else's brain) but I have been sick and exhausted the last week and forgetting or doing silly things here or there.

Today I met up with DH and the kids for dinner. When the kids ran over to hug & kiss me hello, I grabbed my purse & got out to follow them inside the restaurant. That's when DH asked me, 'Um, is your car still running?' I gave him a blank look before turning around to check.

Yup, I got distracted by the kids and totally forgot to turn the van off or take my keys out of the ignition. *facepalm*
a

That's a good one
Old 03-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ahhhh....at cross fit this week, I decided I could try to do the inverted push ups from a hand stand position against the wall. Well, everything was fine and dandy until my arms gave out and I crashed down right on the top of my head....compressing my neck. I am a mess right now.

I have to remember that I am 45 years old and my body just doesn't want to do some of the exercises anymore.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
Ahhhh....at cross fit this week, I decided I could try to do the inverted push ups from a hand stand position against the wall. Well, everything was fine and dandy until my arms gave out and I crashed down right on the top of my head....compressing my neck. I am a mess right now.

I have to remember that I am 45 years old and my body just doesn't want to do some of the exercises anymore.
Yikes! are you hurt?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh Kim! My 14yr old daughter comes home from school yoga and shows me her moves, kind of like you where it's up against the wall. "Can you do this Mum?" No. No I can't. Not in a million years. Don't even ask.

I'm always forgetting things. I'm starting to think it's a medical condition.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

I did that so badly one time my co-worker walked in and handed me my keys!
Old 03-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are making me feel better about the stupid things I do, lol! I do a lot of scatterbrained stuff all the time so I can't think of anything except one that happened a few months ago....

I introduced myself to my new neighbor and told her all about the rocks I paint and then the next day, neighbor saw me at the store and asked if we hid rocks. I honestly did not recognize her AT ALL so I looked at her weird and was like, "Yeah.... did you see us?" and she goes, NO I"M YOUR NEIGHBOR! bahahahaha woops!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Yikes! are you hurt?
Finally feeling better. Headache and nausea is gone...got adjusted at the chiropractor a few times too! I will NEVER try that again!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Oh my gosh Kim! My 14yr old daughter comes home from school yoga and shows me her moves, kind of like you where it's up against the wall. "Can you do this Mum?" No. No I can't. Not in a million years. Don't even ask.
Seriously! This is what I get for hanging out with a bunch of young people at a cross fit gym! I thought for sure I broke my neck!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
These are making me feel better about the stupid things I do, lol! I do a lot of scatterbrained stuff all the time so I can't think of anything except one that happened a few months ago....

I introduced myself to my new neighbor and told her all about the rocks I paint and then the next day, neighbor saw me at the store and asked if we hid rocks. I honestly did not recognize her AT ALL so I looked at her weird and was like, "Yeah.... did you see us?" and she goes, NO I"M YOUR NEIGHBOR! bahahahaha woops!
Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had missed seeing this thread....yuck about having to go digging thru the garbage for your keys but glad you got them back. I've done similar things before and my worst nightmare is the waste bin at the dog park. If I ever accidentally thru my keys in with the dog waste they will stay in there. That is one garbage I will never stick my hands into.

As for doing dumb things....I can probably relate experiences almost daily

This week, the most frustrating thing was taking hubs' prescription when I brought him home from the hospital and saying I'll put it in my purse so I could take it the pharmacy the next day. Of course, I didn't do that and couldn't remember where it was. I didn't want to tell him which would stress him out. I don't even know if the hospital would issue a new prescription or what we'd have to do at that point. So I was frantically ransacking the house, trying to keep it on the down-low and not alert him to my forgetfulness. Thankfully I found it in my purse (ugh) but it had been folded up and put into my wallet. LOL
Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m sorry for chuckling at some of your antics. We’ve all done stuff like that. I went through a rough patch in the fall where I did a ton of stupid stuff. I think the stress and lack of sleep at the time really did me in.

I couldn’t find my phone a few weeks ago. And of course I’d had it not long before I lost it so I knew it was in the house. I finally found it in the refrigerator! I reached in to get something, then got distracted with some expired eggs and cleaned out the fridge some. Just left my phone in there. Now the fridge is one of the places I look when I lose my phone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh No Valerie!!! That's awful! I'm so sorry that happened and upset you so badly (I would have been upset too!) But I'm so thankul you found them (with a little help!)

I can't think of the dumbest thing off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a lot. Although, I do tend to think things through OVERLY before I do something, so it was probably something I said on accident, not meaning for it to come out the way it did. Or speaking when frustrated or angry.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, no--and that's a general "oh, no" that applies to all of these! Usually I'm pretty organized and remember the important things. (Okay, I'll own the real truth--I know I have a terrible memory and remember nothing, so I'm great at writing everything down so I seem on top of things.)

My weakness is that I am sooooo bad with names and faces. A few weeks ago I saw the mother of one of DD's close friends at a restaurant. I knew I knew her, but I just couldn't place her. She called to me and we chatted for a few minutes, me trying desperately not to give away the fact that I couldn't place her. Ended up telling her my daughter was back at a different school...which of course she knew, since they're in the same class! So much for not letting on that I couldn't place her.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Happened just a few days ago - booked non refundable bus tickets on the wrong day

Glad I caught my mistake in time and it didn’t cost me too much extra or had me waiting for a bus on the wrong day or even worse at the interview on the wrong day. Booked my bus tickets without checking the email from an employer regarding dates for an interview and just going on the fact they said Tuesday 18th when they spoke to me this afternoon, I booked my bus for the 18th. Was only when I saw the booking confirmation that it said Monday 18th not Tuesday that I checked the email confirmation and sure enough i’d booked for the wrong day. Luckily it was an easy fix even though i had bought non refundable tickets and it only cost me an extra $3.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-16-2019, 04:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness... I can't imagine! But what a great story to tell for years to come!

My super dumb thing was a couple weeks ago... I usually walk to work in the mornings since we live very close, but one morning it was pouring, so I decided to drive. We had only *just* gotten the car the week before & it was my first time driving since we moved here in October! I usually ride with our driver and apparently, I don't pay attention, because, even though I'd been riding to school at least once a day (many days, 3 times a day!) since October...... I got LOST!! I was in the wrong lane thinking I would enter a roundabout & instead I was veering off onto a different side-street....and once I was on that street/frontage road, I had no idea how to turn around & get back to where I needed to be. It took me 25 minutes to find my way to work--it only takes me 8-12 minutes to walk there, and I can see it from my bedroom window! LOL