Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default TGIF! What are you weekend plans?

We are going up to our cabin in the woods where we've been told we need to trim back trees and brush to "firewise" the property. Ugh.

What are you up to this weekend?
Old 06-16-2017, 01:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Headed up to our cabin, too! We usually camp for Father's Day weekend but we decided while we were up there for Memorial Day weekend that we would just spend this weekend there as well. Just easier and cleaner. haha!

Old 06-16-2017, 03:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's rodeo weekend in our town - I don't really like rodeos but it means a parade and fireworks My sister and her family arrive tomorrow from TN (we're in Canada) so it will be a fun week with her!

Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Tonight Rachel has a Girl Scout movie & spa sleepover. Tomorrow she and hubby are going out to dinner and to a Daddy-Daughter dance. I will hopefully get a lot of reading or scrap time in.
Sunday after church we are taking hubby out for German food for Fathers Day. Not sure what else we'll get around to doing, but we really need to do some yardwork.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not much!

We've just been to the library, this afternoon my son has tennis comp, tomorrow I'll probably go for a swim... nothing else planned. Its grey and gloomy again this weekend so we'll probably just stay home.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just got back from a week away so I need to catch up on things around here. I have a fundraising event to go to tomorrow morning if I can find someone to watch my kids, and then we'll go to my parents' house briefly Sunday for Fathers' Day.

DH is OOT this weekend + off on a business trip early next week so we'll see him for a couple hours Sunday night & that'll be our Fathers' Day 'celebration' with him. Since his birthday was just last week, he's full up on dinners out and gifts.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This weekend is my Birthday! June 18th. I am sharing it with Father's Day again. Which is... annoying. We have a children's birthday to attend on Saturday afternoon, and will probably eat out for my birthday that night? I don't know. But other than that I'll be like Kim... lots of books and rain.

I have to say... spending the weekend at the cabin sounds so interesting to me. I want a CABIN. That sounds fun and adventurous! It's not really a Florida thing, but if I lived further north I'd love to own a getaway. Although I have no idea what firewise-ing is. And a rodeo sounds wonderfully fun.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're going to look at flooring tomorrow. Not that exciting, but we're more than ready to replace our old, stained carpets! We put it off for years because we wanted to wait until the kids were out of the constant-messes-and-accidents stage, and then when we were finally ready we had to replace our roof instead. I think we're going to replace the carpets with wood, or possibly a more durable wood-look material throughout the main level.

Sunday we'll see what DH wants to do. He'll either choose a family activity for us or will take a day to himself to relax. Normally we do dinner out for Father's Day, but he said something about maybe grilling instead.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
This weekend is my Birthday! June 18th. I am sharing it with Father's Day again. Which is... annoying. We have a children's birthday to attend on Saturday afternoon, and will probably eat out for my birthday that night? I don't know. But other than that I'll be like Kim... lots of books and rain.

I have to say... spending the weekend at the cabin sounds so interesting to me. I want a CABIN. That sounds fun and adventurous! It's not really a Florida thing, but if I lived further north I'd love to own a getaway. Although I have no idea what firewise-ing is. And a rodeo sounds wonderfully fun.
I feel your pain, Brook. My birthday is always the weekend of or the weekend before Mother's Day so I always get gypped on Mother's Day since they are tired of celebrating me. Sort of like having your birthday at Christmas, I guess.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am so sick so am hoping to get better and avoid a doctor visit. Swallowing feels like I have shards of glass in my throat, glands are swollen, every joint in my body hurts and I will just start sweating for no reason. Feeling pretty yucky!!

So I'm trying to drink water and actually ate a bowl of soup today, took me 20 minutes but it's better than the three pieces of cucumber and strawberry I had yesterday.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I am so sick so am hoping to get better and avoid a doctor visit. Swallowing feels like I have shards of glass in my throat, glands are swollen, every joint in my body hurts and I will just start sweating for no reason. Feeling pretty yucky!!

So I'm trying to drink water and actually ate a bowl of soup today, took me 20 minutes but it's better than the three pieces of cucumber and strawberry I had yesterday.
Feel better soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 08:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Feel better soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks Rachel. They think I'm crazy but I am at work today, too much trouble to arrange a supply and I have some students I have appointments with to finish up FSEs etc. Feeling a bit better.