Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Stuff from the Sweet Shoppe
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 03:26 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default *NEW* Somewhere Over The Rainbow by On A Whimsical Adventure (+ video!)

Hi there!

My new release for this week was totally inspired by the story of Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz, who escapes the grey sadness of the world and finds a place where everything is beautiful, colourful and magical.

At first it wasn't really my intention to create something around the story, I just wanted to do something with rainbows and colours, and then I had to think of the song 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'... you know, that famous song from the original movie The Wizard Of Oz from 1939, sang by actress Judy Garland? One thing led to another, and 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' was born!

'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' is bursting with colour, happiness and life. Included in the collection are a set of gorgeous gradient papers, 18 bright and happy artsy and patterned papers (and some coordinating solids), a wonderful mix of artsy, realistic and vintage elements, a set of painted photo masks and a simply irresistible pack of transfers for a finishing touch. And don’t you just love that bubbly alpha? Everything was created in a gorgeous muted rainbow colour scheme.

Although inspired by the Wizard Of Oz, I only added a few subtle references to the characters. That makes it verstaile enough to document about the happy moments in your life, the unforgettable memories and all that is good in this world.

CT girl Jana from 2Worlds made a video about this new release, and she is explaining how you can blend papers using the masks. Click the image below to watch it!

Here's what I did with it:

Be sure to check the On A Whimsical Adventure Gallery or the Sugarbabes gallery for more layout inspiration!

Last edited by Anja; 03-25-2017 at 03:28 AM.