Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 10-20-2017, 02:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Almost weekend! What are you doing this weekend? (10/20)

Yay! Finally! Almost weekend! What are you doing this weekend?

I'm taking the afternoon off. I'm going grocery shopping and hope to get a few pages done. Don't have lots of things planned on Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to take things slow.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Busy day for me! We are having a huge tree taken down this morning, and the chimney sweep is coming so we can actually use the fireplace in our new house next week, when it's supposed to finally be cold. Load of friends coming for lunch and playdate today, my FIL is coming into town, and my brother and his family are staying for dinner! Who planned all this stuff for the same day?!

Tomorrow, an outing to a pumpkin patch for fall festival type fun, then hopefully we can just recover the rest of the weekend! And scrap. Lots of scrap.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

tonight I'm going with a couple of friends to a 'soups of the world' cooking demonstration/class. Saturday my friend and I are attending an essential oils class, probably have lunch and then I wait for my son to arrive home from college for his Reading week. Sunday if the weather stays nice my mom and I are going to a couple of antique places.

Looking forward to a fun and interesting weekend.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It’s Fall Break right now so we have yesterday & today off. Today I’m hoping to clean the house and go up the canyon to enjoy the fall scenery. Tomorrow a dear friend is flying in from California for a work trip. We’re spending all Saturday and Sunday together. I’m so excited to take her around the area...though I’m not fully sure what we’re going to do ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 10:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is my daughter's Fall Break so she had yesterday and today off as well as Monday.

So far, we've met my friend's newborn daughter, gone to a parent-teacher conference, had an impromptu phone interview, and had family dinner with my parents & nephew. Today we have lunch plans with my grandfather at a great local burger place, I have an in-person interview for another company, and then I'm taking my kids to a nearby park for some fall photos before our traditional Friday night pizza & a movie. Tomorrow my mom & I are taking the kids to Zoo Boo (trick or treating at the zoo). We'll have church Sunday and then might go to another trunk or treat at a different church as long as it's not raining.

Oh, and I made a deal with my nephew to buy his old Xbox 360 off him as my daughter's big Christmas present this year! I am excited about that. He is a sweet kid so he's giving us a really great deal on it & I know my daughter will flip her lid when she finds it under the tree. You better believe Santa is not getting the credit for it, though!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh you're all having a busy but fun days ahead ladies. Enjoy it!

What a great deal LeeAndrea. She'll be thrilled!

I went grocery shopping, cleaned the house and scrapped a layout.
Hope to scrap one more later tonight.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Having a ladiesnight tonight with 9 woman.
eating at 18.00.film at 20.00
weg van jou , a dutch film, wich is filmed in our neighbourhood and a chefkok from our town has a guestrole in it.
we each made a goodiebag and switch these at diner.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just the usual for us. One of the kids has a friend coming over, we have sports for another kid on Sunday, and I have some things to do around the house. I have to take my daughter shoe shopping at the mall, which she is very excited about, and so we may try to turn that into a girl's night and stay out together for dinner. I'm hoping to get some scrapping done and also sew a new cover for my sewing machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband comes home today after being away for a work conference, so we'll all do something together tonight. My daughter has a t-ball game tomorrow morning and then later that evening our neighborhood is having a fall festival event with games/contest and a movie being projected in the park...should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nada. Bring Jake to a football game with his girlfriend and then coming home to relax and read. Might go out for a nature walk tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We had a fantastic day today! Fall is in the air and it makes me happy. We did the majority of our school in the morning (I homeschool the kids) and headed out on our bikes before lunch. We rode to the far end of the neighborhood where a house is really decorated for halloween. Then, to the playground where the kids climbed a tree until it started to sprinkle rain. We rode home, had lunch and watched the 2016 Ben Hur for part of our Roman history lesson... which was AWESOME. Then I loaded my new kit up in the Shoppe and we finished school. Tonight we are going out to my favorite pizza place and I'm going to have a nice frosty glass of Blue Moon on tap.

Oh wait, you didn't ask what I did today??? LOL

This weekend is going to be so boring comparitively. Just basketball games on Saturday and Football practice on Sunday. Tons of chores to do. Replanting our flower beds that got wrecked during the hurricane. Blah.