Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default It's Monday - Want to vent?

I'm crabby as I usually am on Monday. Probably focusing on "gratitude" would be the best approach, blah blah but, instead, I'm going to vent. Here's my peeve of the day: I'm wasting my entire workday today on conference calls which prevents me from getting any actual work done. My job is very aggravating this way -- it's a big company so there's always a million people to talk to when you need to get something done. But talking to a million people prevents you from getting any thing done!

Plus, I'm still aggravated at my son who dropped his phone while biking, which then got run over by a car. Not surprisingly, it's trashed. This is the third time he's trashed a phone in 2 years. TEENS!

What do you want to vent about this Monday?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's Africa hot outside. Heat makes me irritable. And, everyone in the office is irritable. Not a good combo.

Also, my husband decided that since he was off today he would take our son to get a gecko. He didn't even consult with me. What if I really don't want a reptile living in our home? I sure as hell am not going to be the one to care for it. Or touch the crickets that it needs to eat. Ugh.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am gonna vent about my mom...we keep telling her she needs to wear moochies (aka: house slippers) to avoid stepping on a scorpion (ugh, yes another vent). Unfortunately, we live practically in a sand dune/mountainy area and HELLO these critters somehow find a way to get in and just in the past 24 hours I found 3 (2 dead and hubby stepped on 1 that WAS alive HAH). Needless to say, we are constantly telling her she needs to have these on because she is 75 and there's no telling if she is allergic and we'd hate to find out. Sooooooo I went to buy her some and when I got home, she starts putting groceries away WITHOUT THE SLIPPERS on and then says "I'm gonna sit down and put my moochies on!" I literally said "WTH!?!? are you bassackawards today or what?!" ROFL..I know, bad....but COME ON! ETA: Terminx will be here for our f/u treatment on Friday, YAY but UGH at the same time. I'm grateful my cat kills them, but STILL...blech blech blech!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oy...my husband wants to be in the country and I have no room for critters in my house...I'm dreading that. I'd have to get a whole lot more reptiles to eat those things. lol

Old 06-19-2017, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Also, my husband decided that since he was off today he would take our son to get a gecko. He didn't even consult with me. What if I really don't want a reptile living in our home? I sure as hell am not going to be the one to care for it. Or touch the crickets that it needs to eat. Ugh.
SO NOT COOL! My hubby did this once -- bought the kids hermit crabs while I was away for a weekend. Same as you, I refused to have anything to do with them (not that I would have anyway - those things freak me out!).
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
I am gonna vent about my mom...we keep telling her she needs to wear moochies (aka: house slippers) to avoid stepping on a scorpion (ugh, yes another vent). Unfortunately, we live practically in a sand dune/mountainy area and HELLO these critters somehow find a way to get in and just in the past 24 hours I found 3 (2 dead and hubby stepped on 1 that WAS alive HAH). Needless to say, we are constantly telling her she needs to have these on because she is 75 and there's no telling if she is allergic and we'd hate to find out. Sooooooo I went to buy her some and when I got home, she starts putting groceries away WITHOUT THE SLIPPERS on and then says "I'm gonna sit down and put my moochies on!" I literally said "WTH!?!? are you bassackawards today or what?!" ROFL..I know, bad....but COME ON! ETA: Terminx will be here for our f/u treatment on Friday, YAY but UGH at the same time. I'm grateful my cat kills them, but STILL...blech blech blech!
We get scorpions here too -- we see maybe one or two a month. I got stung on the toe once -- while in BED! It hurt like crazy. I understand that, unfortunately, pest control only has limited effectiveness against them. You can kill the food sources (other bugs) but it doesn't really kill them unless you happen to spray them directly. At least that's what I've been told.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm cranky, too! The school I teach at gets out 1-2 weeks before my kids do, so usually that's the time of year when I get the most done around the house, tackle big projects, etc. It's my favorite time of the year, and this year I should have had 2 weeks. But I had DD home sick with me most of last week, and DS only has half days this week since the middle school lets out early for a finals schedule. In theory I can still get things done, but in reality it means I'm making progress on lots of little things and not undertaking any of the big projects that are easier to do when you aren't constantly interrupted.

I'm also less than thrilled with DH. He hasn't bought any pets without my permission, thankfully, but he's had a very short temper the last few months due to work stress. I've tried to be understanding, but I'm so over it!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am considering a reptile LOL...I mean Fia kills them, but who knows about all the others or the "what ifs" she decides to eat one and gets awfully sick, yikes!

One time she brought me a centipede...I was mad and happy at the same time. Which, I found out was "normal" as them saying "here mom, I love you and I brought you a gift!" ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Oy...my husband wants to be in the country and I have no room for critters in my house...I'm dreading that. I'd have to get a whole lot more reptiles to eat those things. lol
Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I run the communications for a local non-profit and need to have an uncomfortable conversation tomorrow with the executive director about some 'powers' I gave another volunteer that he has some kind of personal beef with (and she with him). I met with her tonight and am giving her the chance to prove herself without needing to get permission from the executive director for every little thing.

He loves to have everything go through him, even when it doesn't need to, and it's just irritating to have to do so when we're all grown adults and some of us have a level of knowledge and expertise that he does not have and freely admits to not having. I will need to frame the conversation in such a way that it doesn't seem like I'm circumventing him, even though I am, and that I'm actually freeing up some time in his schedule to do other things that he does enjoy and is good at.

I sit on the board of directors so I'm not his boss but at the same time the 'powers' I've given out fall directly under my jurisdiction as communications chair so... we'll see how things shake out tomorrow night!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have no money. I just balanced our bank account, and once I take money out of savings to pay our credit card bill, we still don't have any money left to get us through to our next paycheck (on July 15th). I hate hate hate having to think about how much every single thing costs. I hate no being able to have everything I want. I hate having to deny myself things, especially when those things are Tostitos & salsa, because it just feels like my right as an American to eat chips & salsa. And even when I know we don't have any money, I keep spending it. I feel just as frustrated by my lack of self control as I do about my empty bank account.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We have no money. I just balanced our bank account, and once I take money out of savings to pay our credit card bill, we still don't have any money left to get us through to our next paycheck (on July 15th). I hate hate hate having to think about how much every single thing costs. I hate no being able to have everything I want. I hate having to deny myself things, especially when those things are Tostitos & salsa, because it just feels like my right as an American to eat chips & salsa. And even when I know we don't have any money, I keep spending it. I feel just as frustrated by my lack of self control as I do about my empty bank account.
I hear ya sista...I hear ya!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

You are not alone. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote: