Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy
Default What's Your Gross Moment?

I work at Lowe's.
I'm a Head Cashier, so basically I'm in charge of all the cashiers and making sure they do what they're supposed to, keeping the customers happy. Most of the time it's a crummy way to spend the day but really, I love my job and the pay is pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Yesterday I was in the Garden Center helping one of the cashiers with a nasty customer. She was just downright rude and mean. He was trying to be polite but was having a hard time taking what she was dishing out...there's just so much a person can take before wanting to fire one back, kwim?

So, she needed 15 bags of cow manure loaded into the bed of her pickup. Now, I'm all for having the guys load the heavy stuff (these bags are 40 lbs each) but my poor cashier was angry so I told him I would do it. I'm not a petite thing by any means and I'm a toughie (at least in my own mind) and can pretty much handle most stuff.

So I started loading her bags, got about 9 bags in the truck.

It was windy yesterday and some of the bags had been poked or ripped so the manure was falling out and falling down in between the other bags of manure. Plus, it had been raining off and on for about 2 weeks. So there is a mixture of water and loose manure on some of the bags that I had to shake off. I picked up bag #10 and when I lifted it up, a big gust of wind caught me and lifted the bag, spraying my face, chest and neck with WET MANURE!
UGH!
I wiped off as best I could without having a hissy right there in front of the customer.
After she left I made a bee-line for the restrooms but low and behold, the girl at the customer service desk had more than 3 people in line (Lowe's policy is that no more than 3 people should be in a line and since I'm Head Cashier, I HAD to stop and help or my butt is wrote up).
So I'm standing there, checking people out with crap all over me (literally) and I'm talking...telling people their totals and stuff and I feel this crunch in my mouth.
Dude...cow manure in my mouth and I couldn't do anything about it.

I tried so hard not to swallow, but I had 2 more people in line to wait on so I'm like talking as if my mouth is numb and hoping to the good Lord above I dont start drooling.

Finally, the last customer left and I booked it to the water fountain and gargled about 5 times.

UGH! It was the most disgusting thing that has happened to me in a LONG time. I wanted to barf.

LOL

Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Your story is the best!!!! HA!!!
Here is my gross story

My son was about 8 months - My DH fed him red shushy - (I didn't Know) we were playing airplane where I hold him up above my head and tickle him - I have my mouth open and you guessed it - He puked red slushy and something else .... into my mouth-
It was so Gross

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

O-M-G Woman you are a trooper!! You have some serious will power cause I wouldnt have been able to wait. I woulda probably cryed lol!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG, I'm sorry that I'm laughing...but I would die if I was in that situation. I'd much rather be written up for making someone wait a minute so I can get the crap off me than that...ewww!

When my DH's aunt passed away, Natalie was a baby. I was supposed to go to work that afternoon, but I managed to get them to let me go in late. Anyway, I got the funeral and Natalie threw up all over a row of chairs. I thought maybe she had a gas bubble or whatever, and cleaned it up, etc...then took her into the bathroom and cleaned herself and myself up.

So then the service starts, and I'm sitting in like the second row...Natalie just pukes all over me...right down my shirt, inside my coat (which I was still wearing), in my hair...OMG, it was so awful. I bolted for the bathroom and had to stay in there for the entire service because of course I stunk, and had nothing to change into...oh man. I laugh now, but at the time I was so upset about it! After the service a couple friends came in and helped me clean up a bit more so I could go back out, lol...but you can bet I called into work and said I wasn't going in! :P
Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie View Post
Your story is the best!!!! HA!!!
Here is my gross story

My son was about 8 months - My DH fed him red shushy - (I didn't Know) we were playing airplane where I hold him up above my head and tickle him - I have my mouth open and you guessed it - He puked red slushy and something else .... into my mouth-
It was so Gross
Yeah, I did something similar with Mason when he was a baby...but I knew better, cause I had JUST fed him. He puked on my head (I saw it coming and put my head down) but it ran down my face, I was covered. DH came in and started laughing because when I took off my glasses, my eyes were the only clean spots on my face. LOL!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG... Mandy that is so gross!

My worst was probably this winter when my oldest had the stomach flu. He threw up 5 or 6 times, in the hallway and the bathroom and NONE of it made it in the toliet. I literally cleaned the bathroom for 3 hours, throw-up was EVERYWHERE. By the time I was done, I felt covered in it and was gagging myself.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mines an embarresing gross moment!

When i was about eight months pregnant with my first baby I was outside crouching watching my husband play basketball. Why I was crouching down i have no idea. Well you know what its like when your pregnant I giggled at somethign and farted SO loud. Well my grandmothers neighbors my husband my brother my dad everyone was there. So they all kinda looked at me and I started laughing out of embarresment but thats not the best part. I then PEED!! Yes and not trickle. My blatter just gave out!! It was so bad my grandmother insisted on rushing me to the hospital because she was sure my water broke and all that couldnt be pee But it was LOL!!!! Then having to borrow my grandfathers ginourmous clothes and sit on a trash bag home was just the end all lol! My family still talks about it lol!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG, Sarah...I don't even know what to say, lol...hahahhaa...
Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyscrap View Post
OMG, I'm sorry that I'm laughing...but I would die if I was in that situation. I'd much rather be written up for making someone wait a minute so I can get the crap off me than that...ewww!

When my DH's aunt passed away, Natalie was a baby. I was supposed to go to work that afternoon, but I managed to get them to let me go in late. Anyway, I got the funeral and Natalie threw up all over a row of chairs. I thought maybe she had a gas bubble or whatever, and cleaned it up, etc...then took her into the bathroom and cleaned herself and myself up.

So then the service starts, and I'm sitting in like the second row...Natalie just pukes all over me...right down my shirt, inside my coat (which I was still wearing), in my hair...OMG, it was so awful. I bolted for the bathroom and had to stay in there for the entire service because of course I stunk, and had nothing to change into...oh man. I laugh now, but at the time I was so upset about it! After the service a couple friends came in and helped me clean up a bit more so I could go back out, lol...but you can bet I called into work and said I wasn't going in! :P

omg...that is awful!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am soooo not going here! You all would die if you read my gross story and I'd never be able to face any of you again! Nuff said!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well, I was puked on by a patient at work this week (I'm an orthodontic assistant... I was taking an impression). I thought that was pretty gross (projectile and chunks are the 2 words that come to mind) because she was "this close" to my face when it happened.

BUT

Mandy.

Your story has mine beat. LOL!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG Sarah you poor thing!
Well at least you can blame it on pregnancy. lol

Old 05-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3hens View Post

When i was about eight months pregnant with my first baby I was outside crouching watching my husband play basketball. Why I was crouching down i have no idea. Well you know what its like when your pregnant I giggled at somethign and farted SO loud. Well my grandmothers neighbors my husband my brother my dad everyone was there. So they all kinda looked at me and I started laughing out of embarresment but thats not the best part. I then PEED!! Yes and not trickle. My blatter just gave out!! It was so bad my grandmother insisted on rushing me to the hospital because she was sure my water broke and all that couldnt be pee But it was LOL!!!! Then having to borrow my grandfathers ginourmous clothes and sit on a trash bag home was just the end all lol! My family still talks about it lol!!
I so would have claimed it was my water breaking LOL
Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

oh. my. gosh.

i am laughing so hard. my husband is staring at me and asking me if everything is okay.

I don't have anything even close to either of those!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

i think I would DIE in Mandy OR Sarah's situations!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Oh, man, Sarah, I am laughing so hard that I might just pee myself! The image of you in your grandfather's clothes sitting on a trash bag after all that OMGLOL! I'm laughin' with ya, hon, I promise!

And, Mandy, you're a trooper for sure! Now, I must admit, I worked on the university farm when I was going to school, with the pigs, so it takes a lot to gross me out, but to have it sprayed in your face and mouth?... EEEEWWWW!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
i think I would DIE in Mandy OR Sarah's situations!!
Still want to be my digi-girlfriend LMAO!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to gyllenhaalic Send a message via Yahoo to gyllenhaalic

Dude, I'm dyin' over here.
When Hayden(my oldest)was a baby, I was changing a poopy diaper of his. You know how it goes, you lift their butt up in the air to make sure you get it all. Apparently he wasn't done. It shot out of his butt like a water gun and spattered all over my face.

My Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyllenhaalic View Post
When Hayden(my oldest)was a baby, I was changing a poopy diaper of his. You know how it goes, you lift their butt up in the air to make sure you get it all. Apparently he wasn't done. It shot out of his butt like a water gun and spattered all over my face.
OMG...ewwwww!!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG these are too funny...

I dont have anything crazy but I remember playing with my friends daughter like 12 years ago and I had her up in the air and she puked formula all in my hair and on my sweater.. UGH it smelled soooooooo bad!

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK, I have been peed on....peed myself, crapped on, puked on, farted in public (oh but it was not me), but never had cow manure splashed in my face....I seriously think I would just fall to the floor and get into the fetal position......

But hey at least I am not running around the backyard with a toilet plunger like one of my 5 year old is..........

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Still want to be my digi-girlfriend LMAO!
LMAO
Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyllenhaalic View Post
EWWWWWWWW!!! Okay, call me crazy, but I find animal doodoo easier to deal with than human. I take herbivore poo over baby poo any day... NOT that I want either in my face and mouth, lol, but, yeah, well... *cough*
Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

hehehehe... I need those laughs! Can I just say that I'm really glad I have nothing exciting to post in this thread!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Ok so..you guys are making me almost pee MYSELF with these stories! Alright..mine isn't a gross-out for me personally, but I was pretty disgusted by it!

So we're at Easter dinner at my Mom's. Maddie, my 1YO niece has a poop diaper. My Mom changes her in a chair in the living room, and it's like..pebble poop..you know the kind. Anyway, Mama gets a fresh diaper on her and we go about our time together just fine until Mama notices something in Maddie's mouth. She sticks her finger in and swipes and whaddaya know? ONE pebble poop!

Apparently one of those little suckers got loose and rolled onto the floor and before we knew it..Maddie had it in her sweet little mouth. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Come on now..I felt so bad for her, but she was just hangin' out. Blegh!

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

omg, i am dying here.

Mandy, surely you get employee of the month
Old 05-02-2008, 08:54 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

lmao I'm giggling away over here.. thankfully, not too many horrid things happen here. Well, nothing I haven't wiped from my memory anyway
Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

Oh Mandy thats horrible!!

I try to forget those type of things, but one I won't forget...
Everyone in the house, including me had the stomach flu. I also had morning sickness. My oldest had drank a bunch of fruit punch before going to bed. She woke up about 3 AM puking red (carpet & wall staining) and never made it to the bathroom. She stopped outside her room in the hallway that had an open railing to the downstairs. I must have cleaned for 90 minutes, went thru a whole gallon of carpet cleaner, plus it was on all the walls upstairs, downstairs, the steps, the railings.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

omg... Mandy.. Sarah.. omg. LOL ewww.. but LOL

my worst one.. I still remember it. We had Abby's 1st birthday party w/ our friends.. and one friend brought her two kids and they were sick... only she didnt' tell me.... and then the next night we had Abby's party w/ my family.. after we came home, she was on my lap upstairs while I was on my computer.. and she puked cake and milk all over me. I can still smell it. Ugh.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

oh man... all these stories are cracking me up!!!!!

probably the grossest thing i can think of is from about 5-6 years ago and i was playing with my cousin's son who was about 1 at the timeand i picked him up over my head and he started to gag and then threw up the most gigantic thing of phlem i had ever seen!!!!! it was one of those things that makes you gag yourself and i was almost puking... it was like i got slimed... oh man, i have the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!!

i create for
Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

when i was 14 i was on a BAND trip.. anyways

i had to use the washroom in the middle of the night, its dark etc i walk into the bathroom and notice there is something wet(ish) on my feet. I turn on the light. there was vomit EVERYWHERE. All over the floor, in the tub.. it was so so nasty and reeked. The girl who had puked decided she would just go to bed without cleaning it up.. well i woke her up and told her to please clean it up cause yea.. nasty. Anyways. She did a realy crappy job of cleaning it up, didn't want to call the maid the next day day because she didn't want anyone to know? (weird) and we were in a really crappy hotel and the vomit seeped under the toilet where it wasn't fully sealed anymore. the smell was horrid. i snuck into my sisters hotel room the next night to sleep there cause i couldn't stop gagging.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

ewww vomit yuck!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

No need to even try. You win the gross contest Mandy. I think I would have barfed right then and there.....

Oh speaking of Heeehee

When I was 5 months pregnant me and hubby went out for breakfast buffett. I had to go to the potty and was feeling kind of sick so I told him I would drive home. Started speeding, was less than 3 miles from the house and got pulled by a state trooper. I told him the deal, I was so obviously pregnant and the jerk gave me a ticket that cost me over 500 bucks to get out of anyway. As soon as he left I barfed ALL over the car. Crevices, corners of seats, all of it. A real shame he didn't stay for another 2 minutes or I doubt he would have wrote that speeding ticket. My poor husband had to spend hours that Saturday cleaning it. I couldn't go near it or it would have happend all over again. I tell you girls, I have the best hubby in the world. Somebody should give the man a trophy. I have tons more stories of him being a saint. Heck, he's married to me. That should tell you enough LOL

facebook
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mandy wins grossest but Sarah wins most humiliating! LOL! I would have pretended my water broke.....
Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

these are killin me

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You have a pretty CRAPPY job, Mandy. Har de har har.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, thank God.