Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default What scrap program do you use?

I've only used PSP 11 for many many years, still don't know how to work it well, but I am now noticing so many new programs are out there to scrap?

What does everyone use?
whats the easiest to learn?
Is it costly?

Just wondering
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Photoshop CS3
Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use Photoshop CS6. We purchased the Creative Cloud subscription, and since we had CS5 it only costs us 29.99/month. It's a lot of money for me, but DH uses many of the Adobe programs in order to work from home and make extra money with freelance jobs, so it balances out the monthly expense.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I still use Photoshop Elements. It was my summer goal to learn big girl photoshop, but I haven't even put it on my computer yet. LOL

Elements is affordable compared to regular photoshop... although I can't remember how much.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Photoshop CS6. Before it was Photoshop CS4. I'm not an upgrade person, but CS6 had lots of features that I considered worthy of investment.

IMHO it's the best out there, but it's also the most expensive one and the one with the most difficult learning curve. I think PSP is a fine programme to use.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I was on Photoshop CS3 up until a few months ago, but I'm on CS6 now. We purchased the CS5.5 Design Suite right after they announced CS6, so I was able to upgrade for free. Woot!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use photoshop elements. I keep thinking about upgrading but then the designers at Sweet Shoppe keep releasing new kits and draining my paypal account.
It is a friendly program to use though, I think.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use photoshop CS5

Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Most here use Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS I think. I use Photoshop CS5.

IMO Photoshop Elements is a great budget friendly, user friendly option for scrapbooking.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scraped for years using Photoshop Elements (I used versions 6-10). I loved it and I thought it was easy to learn. Lots of tutorials available for that program. You can pick it up for anywhere between $50-80. I loved it because I could use any templates, styles and actions I wanted (for the most part).

Last year I upgraded to Photoshop CS5. It is way more costly but I love it. I don't have any limitations now. Honestly though.......if it wouldn't of been the need for a business write off, I would still be in Photoshop Elements. That program you get the most bang for your buck and I never felt limited in it. So that is the program I always recommend to scrappers.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use PSE 9 and am happy with it. It does everything I need it to do!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMoments View Post
I still use Photoshop Elements. It was my summer goal to learn big girl photoshop, but I haven't even put it on my computer yet. LOL
Yeah, this is me, except that I have no desire to be a big girl and learn! LOL

I use PSE 9 and I'm happy with it. I don't have time to learn more stuff
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I use photoshop elements 9. I like it a lot. It was easy to learn (I had problems with CS5. I got frustrated with it). I paid $100 dollars for it at wal mart, but I've seen PSE 10 for $75 dollars online.

Mom to twin boys since 8-5-2011

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

wow blowing my mind, gals!!! Thanks so much, yeah I want to get a new program.
I seen an ad for a memory me program free download and when i went to use it, you can only use kits designed for that program and I have a few bucks in kits and goodies I hate to stop using :0
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamie View Post
wow blowing my mind, gals!!! Thanks so much, yeah I want to get a new program.
I seen an ad for a memory me program free download and when i went to use it, you can only use kits designed for that program and I have a few bucks in kits and goodies I hate to stop using :0
You can go to adobe's website and download a free 30 day trial of one of their programs you would like to try (I would recommend PSE). We have tutorials here and there are so many all over the internet. You should be able to work yourself around it. Also, so many use PS around here that there will always be someone who can answer your questions. AND......all digital products work in that program.

Photoshop Elements Free Trial
Old 07-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im using CS4 right now. DH has CS5 which I need to put on my computer but just havent done it.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, I have CS3, upgraded to CS5, got a new computer and can't find my upgrade disc anymore, so I'm back @ CS3. And since CS6 is out now, they can't give me a replacement.

And I use ACDsee to organize everything.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Running there now, thanks hun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
You can go to adobe's website and download a free 30 day trial of one of their programs you would like to try (I would recommend PSE). We have tutorials here and there are so many all over the internet. You should be able to work yourself around it. Also, so many use PS around here that there will always be someone who can answer your questions. AND......all digital products work in that program.

Photoshop Elements Free Trial
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I created a tutorial about scrapping programs for our tutorial section. Check it out, it could help save you money on a program and give you the idea if a certain program is right for you!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I use Photoshop CS5 now, but I used Photozhop Elements for about 5 yandars. It's fairly cheap and I used my first copy for about 4 years and only upgraded because I got a free copy with some other electronic equipment!! PSCS, the full version can be expensive unless you qualify for an educational discount!! Then it's only mildly expensive!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm Photoshop CS4 for now, but I will be upgrading to CS6 before too long.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Photoshop CS6 and love it!!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been using CS5 for a while now. Before that I used CS3, which I loved (at the time) and I very nearly unsinstalled CS5 to go back to CS3, but I'm glad I kept it now
Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use CS5 the majority of the time -- but I started out using PSP. I was using PSP before I started scrapping -- I think it was PSP7 (that is how long ago it was). I LOVE PSP and still use PSPX2 on a regular basis. There are many things that are just easier to do in PSP than in CS5.

IMO it wouldn't be advantageous to buy PSE when you have PSP. The only reason I can think of is that there are more scrapping tutorials for PSE than there are for PSP. PSP is a stronger program and has more features than PSE. There are PSP tutorials out there -- quite a few of them. There are also quite a few scrappers here at SSD that use PSP. If you have a specific question -- simply post it in the forums. You might not get an immediate response -- but there will be someone who will know how to help.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 07-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I love my PSP, I just downloaded the "trial version of PSE"
Can ya dupcate something (was in the "window" tab)

Eva can you refer any sites w/ tuts for PSP, I want to learn to shadow like the big girls, LOL

And ya know I had PSP 6 when I started playing w/ the program. I opened it up it looked scarey and it took me a year and half to open it again (anal, we know) LOL but once I did a few tags tuts I was off like a mad squirrel trying to find a nut!!! OMG with opening this PSE just now I want to shut my laptop and go crawl back in my corner...lol

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaK View Post
I use CS5 the majority of the time -- but I started out using PSP. I was using PSP before I started scrapping -- I think it was PSP7 (that is how long ago it was). I LOVE PSP and still use PSPX2 on a regular basis. There are many things that are just easier to do in PSP than in CS5.

IMO it wouldn't be advantageous to buy PSE when you have PSP. The only reason I can think of is that there are more scrapping tutorials for PSE than there are for PSP. PSP is a stronger program and has more features than PSE. There are PSP tutorials out there -- quite a few of them. There are also quite a few scrappers here at SSD that use PSP. If you have a specific question -- simply post it in the forums. You might not get an immediate response -- but there will be someone who will know how to help.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I use PSPX2. I agree with Eva. I also use PSE, but only for running actions. People don't make photo editing actions for PSP like they do for PSE so that's the only reason I use it. When I first got PSE, I thought I would learn to scrap on it since so many other people use it. I like PSP much more. I can do so many things I can't do in PSE especially with shadows.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The Daily Digi has an extensive list of links to tutorials.
http://thedailydigi.com/new/
If you look on the right hand side of the screen you will see a list. I clicked on the drop shadow one (since you mentioned that) and there is a link in there for almost every program a scrapper uses. There is a link for a PSP tutorial on drop shadows.

I didn't look through all of them -- but I imagine that most of them have links for PSP tutorials. Don't worry about the version of PSP you are using. The commands might be slightly different -- but you will be able to figure it out. PSP's basic stuff hasn't changed significantly since PSP9 (which I hated at first).

HTH

Eva Kipler

Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I also use PSE, but only for running actions. People don't make photo editing actions for PSP like they do for PSE so that's the only reason I use it.
I actually do all of my photo editing in PSP and I have some very nice (and expensive) CS5 actions for photos. If you want special effects (like sepia coloring) -- check out the Scripts in PSP. There are quite a few specifically for photographs. I rarely use those. I use the photo editing commands in PSPX2 itself (not the scripts).

Eva Kipler

Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, its one of those things I haven't bothered to properly figure out how to use. It seems easier to hit run and see. lol I should really work on it more. I do often lighten pictures myself in PSP though.

ETA, this might be a good tutorial for you to do, Eva.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started with PSP7, then bought a laptop & got CS2. Used that till March when I got a new laptop again. I used the CS5 trial and now the CS6 trial since I missed my window to buy CS5. I will purchase CS6 once my trial expires
Old 07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I used PSP XI for many years and recently upgraded to the newest edition x4. There are some PSP users here and in my opinion is much more user friendly but I have been using PSP since 2001 I think. I have no idea what edition I was using back then. I know there is still more I can learn on my program and some things I wish I could do with my program that you can do with Photoshop but I am not willing to invest the money to do it. It's just my opinion but I think that the program you are using is just fine. There are plenty of people here who use it so if you need help just ask someone. Alot of tutorials on Photoshop can be changed to work for PSP as well.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used PhotoImpact for about 5 years. When I was ready to switch to an Adobe program, I ended up going with the full Photoshop because there were too many things I was used to doing in PI that I wouldn't have been able to do in PSE. (IIRC, the dealbreakers were writing actions and manipulating shadows, but there were other things, too.) I used CS3 for a few years and just upgraded to CS6. It was hard to learn PS at first, but because I couldn't go back to my old program (compatibility issues) I had to push through it and learned the basics faster than I expected. I got PS with an educational discount (using my 2nd grader's report card), otherwise I never could have justified the full price.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have CS5. I have only ever used CS products. I jumped right in with CS2 5 years ago because I did a lot of photo editing. I have upgraded every other year, skipping CS3.

Last edited by kim21673; 07-11-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Storybook Creator by Creative Memories. It does have limitations compared to PSE but it's so much easier to use than PSE. I have also used Photoshop and PSE and SU's digi software and I prefer CM's software.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I started with PSP and switched to Photoshop in 2007. I started with CS2 and now use CS5.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Well I can tell that after spending all afternoon trying to figure the basic's out. I closed it at 7ish and won;t be going back. LOL

Thanks for those tuts, I am going to teach myself how to shadow better if it kills me on my trusty psp 11 and to know there are others out there makes me want to stay with it.
I've used some scrips but I was weary of them, I'm just going to have to figure it out and balls up, lol I really have no patience to read and pay attention at the same time.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use PSP and am happy with it. Shadowing is one of the hardest things about scrapping in my opinion. I've been working on mine for a while now. Study shadows in real life and on pages you like and just keep plugging away. You will get it!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm a PSP X3 user, been with it since PSP5, which I used at an old job for photo editing. I have CS3 but PSP is just so very much easier for me at this point. Apart from filling in spaces with text, I really don't see much it is missing compared to CS, and you can fill in spaces with text, it's just more time consuming.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
I use PSP and am happy with it. Shadowing is one of the hardest things about scrapping in my opinion. I've been working on mine for a while now. Study shadows in real life and on pages you like and just keep plugging away. You will get it!
I've purchased several shadow style sets (including Jen Barrette's, which is the one I use most often) and have found that they are a great starting point! (You can always adjust, but I like having a starting point.)
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

i use PCS5 and love it

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥