Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2016, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default It's (Almost) The Weekend -- Plans?!

It's Friday already for the other side of the world so it totally counts.

Any fun weekend plans? Is the weather finally starting to warm up (or cool down) where you are?
Old 03-03-2016, 11:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are going to a children's resale at the buttcrack of dawn Saturday at a local church. I'm hoping to snag a kiddie picnic table for the new backyard. I managed to rope my mom into going with us so that I have toddler backup. I'm hoping we can also make it out to Play It Again Sports to look at used treadmills but we'll see how cooperative the kids are.

After church Sunday, we are going to see 'The Little Mermaid' (the play based on the movie) at a local college. Miss Monkey and I are going with another mother-daughter couple. I'm so excited to have some special time with her, and seeing as Ariel is her favorite princess, I hope she loves it as much as she does the movie.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 03-03-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My little sister's wedding shower is Saturday so all my family will be in town for a little bit. My husband is talking about going to a car show on Sunday, but he's been working long hours all week and might not be done by then.

It's totally getting warm here. It makes me sad because that means winter is over and hard farming season is going to start! The Spring is always so hard on me!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I get two work 3 shifts in 2 days. Yay me. :/
Old 03-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm having a "date" with each of my kids - today it's lunch and pedicures with my daughter. Tomorrow is Dave & Busters with my son, then at some point going to see Eddie the Eagle with my oldest Oh, and my mom is taking me shopping for my birthday on Sunday!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm off tomorrow, so yayyy for that!

But...that's where the fun ends. I'll be spending allll day Sat. and Sun. at my daughter's cheerleading competition. Good times.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have nothing planned Saturday but Sunday we are watching our two grandbabies (age 2.5 years and 8 months). Always look forward to spending the day with them (and always need to rest up afterwards!)

It's still winter here ... it's snowed the past 2 days ... supposed to be in the 40's next week though - ready for Spring, for sure!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I get two work 3 shifts in 2 days. Yay me. :/
Uggh! I feel your pain. I usually have Sundays off but I'm working Friday, Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend But the pay will be good, which is why I'm doing it.

Cheyanne is cat sitting Saturday night into Sunday (yes, you read that right, CAT sitting not dog sitting ) but hey, they pay her well and she gets to bring a friend, eat their food, and watch TV all night while she's there.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Cheyanne is cat sitting Saturday night into Sunday (yes, you read that right, CAT sitting not dog sitting ) but hey, they pay her well and she gets to bring a friend, eat their food, and watch TV all night while she's there.
Umm...that sounds like my dream job! Where do I apply?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I know, right? It's a couple who are both FBI agents and they're in their 40s and never had kids. She used to dog sit for them but their dog died last year and they got a cat, so now when they have to go out of town overnight they want her to stay with the cat.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Father-in-law comes tomorrow to work on taxes... my hubby helps him with putting it into the computer. So, hopefully get a free dinner out of it!! I think kiddo is going to go over to my mom's for a few days... so that means deep cleaning the house. Kiddo's birthday party is next weekend.

So, not much excitement, which is good... have been on the go, too much.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got taxes to work on but Saturday is looking good with sunshine and temps in the 60's. I might get out for a photo walk for a bit. My pvr is getting full so hubs and I will catch up on a bunch of our shows (I'm a bit of a TV addict). I also want to get some food shopping and prep done for the week (salad jars, menu planning, veggie chopping) which makes dinner time so much easier. I'm trying to make it as fast and easy as possible and stay away from the takeout.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i am going out for drinks on saturday. crazy. i never do this.. like ever.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
i am going out for drinks on saturday. crazy. i never do this.. like ever.
Whoo-Hoo! Don't get too wild now.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Uggh! I feel your pain. I usually have Sundays off but I'm working Friday, Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend But the pay will be good, which is why I'm doing it.
I am salaried.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our weather has been crazy lately-below freezing one day and 60 the next. They're predicting snow tonight into tomorrow, and since schools here cancel easily we may have a snow day. Don't know about the weekend yet. We'll have some housework and errands, I'll probably have to do some lesson planning for my preschool class, and we're going to do another movie night to get ready for our Disney trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I've got taxes to work on but Saturday is looking good with sunshine and temps in the 60's. I might get out for a photo walk for a bit. My pvr is getting full so hubs and I will catch up on a bunch of our shows (I'm a bit of a TV addict). I also want to get some food shopping and prep done for the week (salad jars, menu planning, veggie chopping) which makes dinner time so much easier. I'm trying to make it as fast and easy as possible and stay away from the takeout.
I forgot about meal prep! That will have to be when I'm done working on Sunday. I spend about 2 hours making 14 servings suppers and 7 for my lunches. Love just reaching into the fridge and grabbing something that only needs to be warmed up!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I am salaried.
Well that just sucks all the way around then!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My mom is coming up to visit tomorrow night then Saturday am Skyker and I head north to team regionals. She had already qualified for state with her duet. Then Sunday I have to finish Varsity paper scrap pages to adorn their doors at State the following weekend. The one thing about dance after this year I will not miss is paper scrapping the girls routines. What a messy process, oh how quickly you forget lol!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have had beautiful spring weather for about 2 weeks now, but are in for a Snow Storm on Saturday My oldest Son has a wrestling Tournament Friday and Saturday...out of town. He is leaving with his team tomorrow morning... I'm just hoping they don't get snowed in, although the coach said they'd stay another night rather than risk driving home in it if the weather is bad. So because there is crappy weather on the way I won't be able to go (good thing he is really good at taking pictures for me!!!) My only goal is to plug away at the housewoork today and tomorrow so I can spend the week-end scrapping without the stress of mess.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I'm already crabby about it.

kids don't have school tomorrow....taking my mom shopping in the AM on Saturday (because yanno, she can't do it herself and I'm a pushover), and a bday party for my niece on Sunday.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
We have had beautiful spring weather for about 2 weeks now, but are in for a Snow Storm on Saturday My oldest Son has a wrestling Tournament Friday and Saturday...out of town. He is leaving with his team tomorrow morning... I'm just hoping they don't get snowed in, although the coach said they'd stay another night rather than risk driving home in it if the weather is bad. So because there is crappy weather on the way I won't be able to go (good thing he is really good at taking pictures for me!!!) My only goal is to plug away at the housewoork today and tomorrow so I can spend the week-end scrapping without the stress of mess.
Aw that stinks you can't go Jenn Evidently we're missing that storm, but it's been crazy cold here the past couple days. My hot water line froze last night - the wind was crazy and the windchill was something like -20 Starting Monday we hit a warming trend for 10 days that goes up to near 60 - bring it on!!!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well..considering I have TWO sick kids at home today, probably nothing but caring for them.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love picturing us all out doing our weekend stuff

I have a bridal shower Saturday too for one of my best friends. She adopted a little girl 4 years ago (who I've scrapbooked a lot!) and is FINALLY getting married in May. First marriage for both of them

Aside from that, I have GOT to finish painting my bedroom. It's taking all week because I'm such a perfectionist.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Saturday my oldest boy will be at a Cub Scout leadership course all day and the younger one and I will be running around doing errands. Sunday is Clean Up Australia Day and we're volunteering at a local reserve to pick up rubbish for a few hours. And its still too hot here, which will be torture on Sunday because we have to wear long pants and sleeves while cleaning up.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just stuff for uni and now maybe Madonna's Rebel Heart concert tomorrow night - will find out later if im going or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son is having a few friends over tomorrow night for video games and nerf sword war. Saturday night I have a Mom's night. Woohoo! Love overdue. Sunday we are having dinner with my in-laws who just got back in town after a month in Florida.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am pretty sure I am home mending the sickies
Old 03-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well no Madonna concert for me now - plans fell through for me to go when my friends flatmate who was the first choice got in contact with my friend. Thats ok - I'll spend the weekend doing school work as I am super busy next week anyway.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 03-03-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My son has his first coach pitch baseball game this Saturday. We have to be at the field at 7am! Not looking forward to that early of a time. Also need to do some shoe shopping for my son as he is growing too fast and need another pair of shoes already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 03-04-2016, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Deep cleaning housework. Hoping to reward myself with some sewing.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just got our taxes back and were able to pay off our credit cards with it. SOOOO I believe that's cause for a celebration! We haven't really ventured out much since we moved here 4 months ago so I think we'll go see/do something we've been wanting to do. My older daughter wants to ride the tram car up the mountainside but my younger one is afraid of heights. I'm trying to convince her we're not going to fall out.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:27 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

My son has his birthday party this weekend, so I'm cooking all day tomorrow, then the party is on Sunday. We have around 25 kids coming, plus parents, so I'm going to be buuuusy.

I wish it would cool down already. We've had the hottest summer on record for our island and I'm really over the heat.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm going with my daughter and mom on Saturday to a fashion show and tea thing my mom's women's club puts on as a fundraiser each year. I get to be the photographer for the day for them too. Sunday after church we are heading to my in-laws for dinner and the afternoon for my mother-in-law's birthday so that will be a really nice day. And oh yeah cleaning and menu planning sometime in there.

Cheryl
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
We just got our taxes back and were able to pay off our credit cards with it. SOOOO I believe that's cause for a celebration! We haven't really ventured out much since we moved here 4 months ago so I think we'll go see/do something we've been wanting to do. My older daughter wants to ride the tram car up the mountainside but my younger one is afraid of heights. I'm trying to convince her we're not going to fall out.
Yay! Definitely cause for celebration