Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 03-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The Walking Dead Season Finale - This post will contain SPOILERS!

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I mean it, do not read this and then get mad about spoilers.

We has emotions to work through.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Amen, sistah! Bring it!!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm typing up all of my thoughts as I watch.

...but OMG! The teaser for the spin off!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thoughts as I watch
1. wolf #1 was kind of hot
2. Morgan the last airbender - seriously of all of the self-defense one crazy alone person can learn - WHY the bo staff?
9. Decapitation by license plate and chain - ****ING AWESOME!
12. Carol has crazy big ovaries. She's the bomb, yo. "Who is going to believe I threatened you?'
13. "I want my dish back clean when you're done" lmfao
14. It's a trap Glenn! (Ha! Knew it!)
15. I don't like this relationship crush deal with Rick. I just don't. No real reason why, it just doesn't feel right.
19. I bet that crooked pastor is really with the wolves...
23. "Something's going to happen, just don't make something happen." Wise woman, Rick, get with her.
24. Blood on the open gate!!
28. Creative use for a gun - stick it into a zombie's head like a knife.
29. EWWWW! Zombie goo to the face!
33. Glenn! You shoulda shot him.
34. Maggie, you should have let Sasha shoot his punk butt.
35. Come on! I know someone is dying tonight! Who is it?!
36. Pete has the sword!
37. Pete killed Reg!
38. Rick killed Pete!
39. Morgan! Rick! You found each other right as Rick killed some dude and is covered in blood. lol

Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Such an awesome episode!! But, someone help me - I thought when Glen tackled Nicholas after being left for dead - did Glen say I'm going to die because of you, or I'm NOT going to die because of you... I thought he said he was, and I got a little teary lol. But wasn't mentioned on Talking Dead? So I'm unsure.

Last edited by breakingbrie; 03-30-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and anyone else think Rick walks like he just got off a horse?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awesome breakdown Trish! I thought it was a REALLY good episode but it just didn't leave me feeling cliffhangerish? There is nothing that I'm like "OMG, I can't wait until October!" Yes, we know the "wolves" are out there, but thankfully no one we loved was killed, no one seems to be in peril at this very second (although I'm curious about Glenn), and things that could have happened (Gabriel, Nicholas, or Sasha passing) didn't, so...
Old 03-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I liked the episode. It set up a ton of stuff, but didn't leave any real OMG how can I wait moments. That was good for me. Gabriel, maybe he can redeem himself now. I hope so cause he's a mess. I didn't hear Glenn say anything about going to die. I thought it was very Glenn though not to kill Nicholas. Sasha has gone crazy. Whoa. I was surprised Reg died, but Alexandria needed something like that night to happen in order for them to get that they were as safe as they think. Morgan showing up again was awesome. That food place though I feel like Daryl should have seen it as a trap a mile away, he would normally see all those cans tied on the trailers and investigated. Pete needed to die, but losing the doctor is a major blow to the community. I don't much care for Rick & Jessie together either. Fear the Walking Dead is a dumb name.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Trish, your notes were a riot. I liked the episode too and I was glad they didn't feel it was necessary to kill off another main character. I was worried when I heard there would be a secret guest on the Talking Dead -- that usually means that someone is going to die. Actually, I kinda WAS hoping one of the zombies was going to eat Gabriel, but getting rid of Pete is a plus.

The whole season pushed the group to more extremes of violence and brutality, so I thought they did a nice job in this episode of turning them back the other way a little bit. Sasha didn't kill Gabriel and Glenn didn't kill Nicholas. It showed that they still have compassion. Rick might need a little more time to get there.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We haven't watched any of it yet (no, I'm not upset about the spoilers )
I have a question...my 14 an 15 year old boys want to watch it. I'm not much in to gore & violence, but they are just "dying" to watch it! I have no basis to make the decision...What do you think? Is this series appropriate for their age group?
Old 04-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I have a question...my 14 an 15 year old boys want to watch it. I'm not much in to gore & violence, but they are just "dying" to watch it! I have no basis to make the decision...What do you think? Is this series appropriate for their age group?

We have kids in our family that watch. They range from 11 - 15 and are boys and girls.
My 11 year old son loves it.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
We have kids in our family that watch. They range from 11 - 15 and are boys and girls.
My 11 year old son loves it.
Thanks, Nikki! We inherited DVDs of the first couple of seasons from my brother, so maybe we'll start there. It sounds like I may end up covering my eyes most of the time!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh you definitely want to start with season 1. It wouldn't be the same if you jumped in later.

And yeah, I'd be ok with that age watching it. It IS gory, but for me, it's SUCH fantasy being in an apocalyptic world, that I'm usually not too bothered by it.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Oh you definitely want to start with season 1. It wouldn't be the same if you jumped in later.

And yeah, I'd be ok with that age watching it. It IS gory, but for me, it's SUCH fantasy being in an apocalyptic world, that I'm usually not too bothered by it.
Thanks, Libby! I think for me, I'm super visual and things stick in my head and replay. Maybe I'll be okay if we don't binge-watch (which we tend to do with new stuff...Doctor Who, The Blacklist)!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I *totally* binge-watched the first 2 seasons of TWD when we first started. LOL Now I'm one who counts the hours each week til the new episode airs!

I won't mislead you though... there ARE some disturbing scenes in the series as a whole. For the most part, I'm able to turn off the gore in my mind when I'm watching, but there are a few scenes that still stick in my head as extra hard to watch. They were totally necessary for the storyline (not just violence for the sake of violence), but yeah... not easy to watch.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have a 13-year old who thinks she likes horror, but hasn't watch an actual horror movie. She keeps asking if she can watch TWD. Both hubby and I agree, it's a "no" right now for her since this is the same child who kept me awake for three years of her life with vivid nightmares just from everyday things!

And yes, if you do watch it, you'll definitely want to watch it from the beginning or a lot of it won't make sense. I started watching in season three and by season three, I was asking my husband all sorts of questions that we just went back and started from the beginning so I could understand why that was happening in the current episode.

As far as the run-down, I loved it!! I felt like I was re-watching the episode. I also agree that it didn't leave me hanging in anticipation for October. I'm okay going a few months without TWD. This entire season has been a dud for me, but luckily the last episode it picked back up to my expectations of the show!

I do not like Rick's crush on that girl. I get he wants to protect her and thinks he has feelings for her, but he's falling for the first available (well, she wasn't when he met her!) woman his own age! I don't like Jessie and him together. I'm hoping next season they nix her and she somehow gets eaten by a walker!

And yes, I am one that ships Carol and Daryl! I cannot wait until they hook up...if they don't, they will in my own mind!! I'm so glad that Glenn appears to be okay, but I do want to know if he is bit. As far as the question asked what he said, I didn't catch it, but when I rewatch it, I'll make sure I have subtitles on to see what he says for sure! I really hope Glenn is okay because I have high hopes that he and Maggie will have a baby soon. But I also have high hopes that the apocalypse is almost over, even though my husband laughs at me knowing what is coming up from the books!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I have a 13-year old who thinks she likes horror, but hasn't watch an actual horror movie. She keeps asking if she can watch TWD. Both hubby and I agree, it's a "no" right now for her since this is the same child who kept me awake for three years of her life with vivid nightmares just from everyday things!

And yes, if you do watch it, you'll definitely want to watch it from the beginning or a lot of it won't make sense. I started watching in season three and by season three, I was asking my husband all sorts of questions that we just went back and started from the beginning so I could understand why that was happening in the current episode.
Thanks, Wendy! My 15 year-old went through a phase where he said he liked horror, but also had NEVER watched a horror movie! He also had vivid nightmares when he was young. ...Interesting. I think he's at an age now where he would be okay with it. Hubby let him watch the first episode of TWD a while back (without telling me!!), and he really liked it. Sometimes it's hard for me to allow them to grow up
Old 04-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks, Wendy! My 15 year-old went through a phase where he said he liked horror, but also had NEVER watched a horror movie! He also had vivid nightmares when he was young. ...Interesting. I think he's at an age now where he would be okay with it. Hubby let him watch the first episode of TWD a while back (without telling me!!), and he really liked it. Sometimes it's hard for me to allow them to grow up
I think it's always hard for us to allow them to grow up!! It happens way too quickly!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I think it's always hard for us to allow them to grow up!! It happens way too quickly!
You're so right, Wendy!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My (almost) 11 year old is desperate to watch it also, and is convinced it will be his favorite show EVER. But since he can't even sit through Night of the Living Dead without it scaring him enough to stop watching I don't see us letting him watch it anytime soon.

See I'm not Carol/Daryl fan, I see them more as siblings.

And I am also sort of let down that there was no big cliff hanger or anything super bad that happened. Nothing to have me moaning how far away October is.