Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suladesign View Post
SSD is my favorite digiscrap place in the Whole Wide World! For real!
Sula, I think most people get it - the fact we love SSD is a given. We wouldn't be here otherwise, would we?

We might love some parts of it more than others, while being perfectly aware that this might be our subjective view which is not shared by the community as a whole. I sure don't want the world revolve around me and my ideas, but I still feel I have a right to an opinion. And I'm perfectly fine with (actually I love to) changing my opinion for the better.

One of the real opportunities to grow is to offer constructive criticism. This is what I learned when I was still active as a fan fiction writer. I don't mean bashing or whining - that doesn't really help anyone. But an honest opinion should be cherished, not shunned.

Let me say here that I do appreciate immensely that what we say is given attention - so thanks, Robin and Babes, for your reactions, and for some inside information - it's sure very much different to be a user and to run a site, so it's totally valuable to learn your point of view. One of the best parts about this place is that people running this site do listen to the community.

So. What some of us said in this thread hardly falls into "criticism"; it's more like a commentary, an opinion. I'm more than happy at SSD, I appreciate everything done for making this such a great community (probably the best I've been a part of), and if I love some things more than others, it doesn't change anything on the simple fact that I love this place.

And I'm actually looking forward to the changes despite feeling ever so slightly "worried" (and the quotation marks are used deliberately, as I don't really expect to dislike anything for reals).

Last edited by adrianka; 12-05-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I only spent real time here for almost a year now and eventhough I am not participating in lots of threads....I really feel SSD is my home. It may sound strange, but I can't really feel comfortable on any other community but here.

And if I say layouts elsewhere on the web, made by people who I know from here....I kinda feel proud to be part of that big group if people!

I am looking forward to the changes...I don't think Robin would change something for the worse. Don't change a winning team right?

Ok, I am pregnant, sorry for being emotional here