Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default June 2018 - Bingo FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Bingo challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Challenge Bingo system!

Here is this month's card for easy reference:

Old 05-31-2018, 10:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I try and write these prompts with broad themes/concepts in mind and think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for your family. Here's a bit of extra information on a few of this month's challenges to help you get started :

#2: Austin Signs Font...
Click on the image below to download the font and then use it on your page.

#3: Scraplift - Bingo Challenge Thread...
Easy Peasy... just scraplift a page from the person who holds the spot above you in the June Bingo Challenge Thread. Example: #8 will scraplift a page from the gallery of the person holding the #7 spot, and so on. If you happen to be the first person to post - ie: #2, then you'll scraplift the last person to post in the May Bingo Challenge Thread

#4: Paper Challenge - Wave Shapes...
Use curved or wavy paper cut shapes in your page.

#6 + #20: DOUBLE PAGER...
Content and design are totally up to you on these two squares - think of them as Wild Cards ♥ However, if you choose to do the single horizontal row of 20, 6, 2, 16 OR if you complete a blackout then these two pages MUST compliment and coordinate with one another.

#8: Photography Challenge - Half a Page...
Half of your layout must be devoted to either a single photograph or a collage of photos.

#9: Scrap with any solo product from a June Featured Designer...
Scrap with any product that's by either Misty or Blagovesta

#13: Scrap from Top to Bottom...
Simply fill your page... from top to bottom.

#15: I Know What You Did Last Summer...
Scrap about memories from a past summer... any past summer ♥

#17: Daddy-O...
Scrap about an important male figure in your life.

#18: Participate in the SSD Blog Scraplift posted on June 3rd...
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim B. hosts a Scraplift challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

#24: Pay it Forward - Leave Love on 15 Gallery Pages...
You leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Use the place marker below to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
First, click on the image below ... then right click that image and save as a .png file.

Last edited by lingovise; 06-03-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

can you give us examples of #13 scrap top to bottom

Do we need to fill every inch of the page with something or can it be a visual line top to bottom with white space on either side?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
can you give us examples of #13 scrap top to bottom

Do we need to fill every inch of the page with something or can it be a visual line top to bottom with white space on either side?
It's really just meant for you to create a page that looks full, without a lot of white [empty] spaces.

Here are a few examples that I hope will help...

from SugarBabe Carrie:

from SugarBabe Kjersti:
Old 06-01-2018, 05:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For #9: Scrap with any product from a June Featured Designer... does it have to be a solo product, or is a double-scoop okay? For example, the kit H2O by Blagovesta & Flergs - would that meet the challenge requirement?

Old 06-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
It's really just meant for you to create a page that looks full, without a lot of white [empty] spaces.

Here are a few examples that I hope will help...

from SugarBabe Carrie:

from SugarBabe Kjersti:
Yes! Simple enough! Thanks
Old 06-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What's wanderlust for the journal challenge?
Old 06-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
For #9: Scrap with any product from a June Featured Designer... does it have to be a solo product, or is a double-scoop okay? For example, the kit H2O by Blagovesta & Flergs - would that meet the challenge requirement?
Solo Products are preferred, as the challenge is to work with a Featured Designer's product. You could use the collab kit [scoop] you mentioned and simply use Blagovesta's contribution. I hope that helps.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
What's wanderlust for the journal challenge?
Wanderlust -
noun
a strong desire to travel.
"a man consumed by wanderlust"

You could journal about places that you yearn to visit and perhaps what you'd like to see/explore while you're there or places that you have already traveled to and experienced.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Can you please address if we can use Amber Shaw's kits in the future for the challenges?
Old 06-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Can you please address if we can use Amber Shaw's kits in the future for the challenges?
I'll ask the higher power about this, Debbie, and will get back to you.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Robin addressed this in another thread, but am reposting it here, in hopes that more challenge participants will see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Regarding challenges... Amber's products will be welcome on pages created for our challenges throughout the remainder of the year.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wanderlust -
noun
a strong desire to travel.
"a man consumed by wanderlust"

You could journal about places that you yearn to visit and perhaps what you'd like to see/explore while you're there or places that you have already traveled to and experienced.
great! thank you
Old 06-03-2018, 01:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Question

Quote:
Solo Products are preferred, as the challenge is to work with a Featured Designer's product. You could use the collab kit [scoop] you mentioned and simply use Blagovesta's contribution. I hope that helps.
It does help, Loni, thank you. I’ll just use that gorgeous kit “Life in Color” by Blagovesta instead ... I’ve been saving it for something special. Funny how I still haven’t shaken that habit of saving supplies from my paper scrapping days.

I hope it’s okay to pester you with questions about a few more squares...

10 - Scream and Shout School is Out - my husband and I are empty nesters and grandchildren haven’t arrived just yet, so I’m not sure what kind of alternative take I can scrap for this. Any ideas?

19 - Picnic Preparations - I’m completely stumped ... I haven’t picnicked in 30+ years. Any creative twists you can suggest for this square?

Old 06-03-2018, 02:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It does help, Loni, thank you. I’ll just use that gorgeous kit “Life in Color” by Blagovesta instead ... I’ve been saving it for something special. Funny how I still haven’t shaken that habit of saving supplies from my paper scrapping days.

10 - Scream and Shout School is Out - my husband and I are empty nesters and grandchildren haven’t arrived just yet, so I’m not sure what kind of alternative take I can scrap for this. Any ideas?

19 - Picnic Preparations - I’m completely stumped ... I haven’t picnicked in 30+ years. Any creative twists you can suggest for this square?
Here are a few ideas:

10 - Scream and Shout School is out
Maybe you can scrap about your own memories of when you were a child and how you felt about school being out?
Or scrap/write a letter to you future grandchildren and dream of the things you would be doing with them when school is out.

19 - Picnic Preparations
Same here... Scrap about your childhood memories of going on a picnic.
Or scrap about the snacks you would prepare if you would be going on a picnic.

If I don't have photos of a certain prompt, I like to do a photoless layout and use a journal card as a main focus.

Hope it helped.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Sarah has provided a some great ideas in the post above... but here are just a couple more.

#10: Scream and Shout School is Out...
I think for most folks in the US, the ending of the school year usually marks the beginning of summer. So you could scrap a page about the celebration of the beginning of summer... What summer means to you and your family... Summer Vacations!

#19: Picnic Preparations...
I think "Picnics", in general, are really all about preparing a meal that is meant to be eaten outdoors while enjoying the company of your friends and loved ones ... which could easily be interpreted into "Backyard BBQs" or "Neighborhood/Family Cookouts". My family often enjoys "picnics" in our own backyard and out on the boat all throughout the summer months.

Last edited by lingovise; 06-03-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished my page for #8: Photography Challenge - Half a Page. And then I started wondering if I was interpreting it correctly. I'm guessing it's fine but came for a ruling anyway.

My photo takes up more than 50% of the layout, but it doesn't stretch from edge to edge. There's a border around it on all sides (probably 1 inch on 3 sides and about 3 inches on the last side). So I suppose it's not literally half of the page, if you meant "top half," "left half," etc. Still okay?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I just finished my page for #8: Photography Challenge - Half a Page. And then I started wondering if I was interpreting it correctly. I'm guessing it's fine but came for a ruling anyway.

My photo takes up more than 50% of the layout, but it doesn't stretch from edge to edge. There's a border around it on all sides (probably 1 inch on 3 sides and about 3 inches on the last side). So I suppose it's not literally half of the page, if you meant "top half," "left half," etc. Still okay?
So long as it takes 50% space of the page then it's good to go, Rach!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
So long as it takes 50% space of the page then it's good to go, Rach!
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Cheri Dream Big was announced as the feature designer this week. Will that change the prompt - can we use her kits too? Thanks for the answer about Amber's kits and challenges, I was wondering that too.

Last edited by Disneysheryl; 06-05-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
Cheri Dream Big was announced as the feature designer this week. Will that change the prompt - can we use her kits too? Thanks for the answer about Amber's kits and challenges, I was wondering that too.
Cheri was one of the Featured Designers for May [May 18th is when her Feature began]. The featured designer transition might be a little confusing for June, as the scheduled June 1st feature was delayed a week while our SSD family took that time to honor the tragic loss of our dear friend and beloved team member Amber Shaw. This caused Cheri's FD promo to run a week longer than usual. Normally, Featured Designer promos begin on Fridays and run for 2 weeks. Misty's Feature will begin on June 8th & Blagovesta's will begin on June 21st.

I hope that helps.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Newbie Question about Scraplift Challenge

I scraplifted a page based on one of the pages in Amber Shaw's gallery. I posted it to my gallery, but would like to show that I scraplifted it. How would I identify which page in Amber's gallery I based it on?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

so for #21 One Little Word: Jubilant. Do I have to use the word or can I journal about something that made me feel that way?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieS View Post
I scraplifted a page based on one of the pages in Amber Shaw's gallery. I posted it to my gallery, but would like to show that I scraplifted it. How would I identify which page in Amber's gallery I based it on?
The easiest would be to write something like "this was a scraplift of ____name of layout_____ by Amber Shaw" and then copy/paste the url link under that so that way the person could click the link and see it.

Otherwise, you can get the [img] code of the smaller layout (hover over the smaller photo and right click on your mouse and select "copy image address in Chrome". From there, in your credits, you type [ img ] link goes here (control-v on pc) and close with [ / img]
(remove all the spaces)

To add the link to the layout, highlight the url and either paste underneath the [ img ] code or before the [ img ] code type [ url = link goes here ] and close with [ /url ] after the [ img ] code.

So your code would look like (without spaces)
[ url = https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...e=ahoy&cat=500 ] [ img ] https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...nhol011web.jpg [ / img ] [ / url ]

Clear as mud?
Old 06-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
The easiest would be to write something like "this was a scraplift of ____name of layout_____ by Amber Shaw" and then copy/paste the url link under that so that way the person could click the link and see it.

Otherwise, you can get the [img] code of the smaller layout (hover over the smaller photo and right click on your mouse and select "copy image address in Chrome". From there, in your credits, you type [ img ] link goes here (control-v on pc) and close with [ / img]
(remove all the spaces)

To add the link to the layout, highlight the url and either paste underneath the [ img ] code or before the [ img ] code type [ url = link goes here ] and close with [ /url ] after the [ img ] code.

So your code would look like (without spaces)
[ url = https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...e=ahoy&cat=500 ] [ img ] https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...nhol011web.jpg [ / img ] [ / url ]

Clear as mud?
Much clearer than mud! Thank you so much!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
so for #21 One Little Word: Jubilant. Do I have to use the word or can I journal about something that made me feel that way?
Either way... which ever inspires you ♥
Old 06-07-2018, 08:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Either way... which ever inspires you ♥
Thanks Loni
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have never participated in this challenge before. I noticed that one square this time is a double pager. Just wondering....I tend to scrap two pagers only. I like having the facing pages go together. How would the bingo card work in that case? Would you just squeeze two pages into all of the squares?

Oh, another question...is there some sort of rule where you cannot use retired kits or kits of retired designers?

If you get a bingo, is the discount on one item in the store or your whole purchase?

Thank you!

Last edited by dinahfig; 06-18-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahfig View Post
I have never participated in this challenge before. I noticed that one square this time is a double pager. Just wondering....I tend to scrap two pagers only. I like having the facing pages go together. How would the bingo card work in that case? Would you just squeeze two pages into all of the squares?
I am not an admin but a fella who wants to help.
You can still make your double pager just make sure you follow the prompts well.
It would be so much time spent if you do for every single prompt a double page. I recommend you to match them.

For example: use the font prompt one side of your double page features the font as the title or journaling alongside the outdoor projects where the rest of the photos are featured. Or the Daddy-O prompt with the picnic one. Like your kids were having fun with their dad while on a picnic. Or match the school is out with the sand in my hair one.

I don't know if that answers your question.

But fitting it in the block would be like you crop the half of your page and resize it to 180x180px for your bingo card.

Quote:
Oh, another question...is there some sort of rule where you cannot use retired kits or kits of retired designers?
I believe there is somewhere stated that you can still use for the bingo retired kits from a *current* designer working here at SSD. But sadly enough you can't use kits from retired designers as long as it is stated somewhere.

Another case would be that you have some collabs in your stash and one of the designers is still here, then you are good to go use it for your bingo. For example: Recently Melissa Bennett and Shawna Clingerman retired from designing but I bought some of their collabs with Kristin Cronin-Barrow, since KCB is still active here, I'm allowed to use those collabs for the bingo.

They announced the other day we can still use for the rest of 2018 (Dec 31st, 2018) solo kits from the very talented and very much missed Amber Shaw.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...9&postcount=20

Quote:
If you get a bingo, is the discount on one item in the store or your whole purchase?

Thank you!
The discount applies on your whole purchase. It doesn't matter if you are buying one kit or two or the number you want from any designer the discount would apply in everything that is in your cart.

Last edited by imperio; 06-18-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:47 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh, that's great! Thanks so much for your help Maddie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
I am not an admin but a fella who wants to help.
You can still make your double pager just make sure you follow the prompts well.
It would be so much time spent if you do for every single prompt a double page. I recommend you to match them.

For example: use the font prompt one side of your double page features the font as the title or journaling alongside the outdoor projects where the rest of the photos are featured. Or the Daddy-O prompt with the picnic one. Like your kids were having fun with their dad while on a picnic. Or match the school is out with the sand in my hair one.

I don't know if that answers your question.

But fitting it in the block would be like you crop the half of your page and resize it to 180x180px for your bingo card.

I believe there is somewhere stated that you can still use for the bingo retired kits from a *current* designer working here at SSD. But sadly enough you can't use kits from retired designers as long as it is stated somewhere.

Another case would be that you have some collabs in your stash and one of the designers is still here, then you are good to go use it for your bingo. For example: Recently Melissa Bennett and Shawna Clingerman retired from designing but I bought some of their collabs with Kristin Cronin-Barrow, since KCB is still active here, I'm allowed to use those collabs for the bingo.

They announced the other day we can still use for the rest of 2018 (Dec 31st, 2018) solo kits from the very talented and very much missed Amber Shaw.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...9&postcount=20

The discount applies on your whole purchase. It doesn't matter if you are buying one kit or two or the number you want from any designer the discount would apply in everything that is in your cart.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Maddie, for answering those questions! You're awesome!
Old 06-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Newbie here... this is my first month participating in the Bingo Challenge. I have been uploading my pages to my gallery, but I noticed others have their layouts in the Bingo Challenge gallery. Is one preferred over the other or should I copy all Layouts to both galleries??
Old 06-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Newbie here... this is my first month participating in the Bingo Challenge. I have been uploading my pages to my gallery, but I noticed others have their layouts in the Bingo Challenge gallery. Is one preferred over the other or should I copy all Layouts to both galleries??
You can copy your bingo challenge layouts on the Bingo challenge gallery too, Stacy! Either way is okay, but, if you put them in the bingo challenge gallery, the babes will be able to notice them and might spotlight them in the blog

Welcome to SSD, btw! So glad that you're joining in our bingo challenge!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm cutting it down to the wire here!! I have 2 LOs to go for Blackout!

Question... can we use the collab that was done for Amber's Go Fund Me for challenges?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm cutting it down to the wire here!! I have 2 LOs to go for Blackout!

Question... can we use the collab that was done for Amber's Go Fund Me for challenges?

Thanks!
Yes, you can.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes Jennifer. As long as the designer currently sells at this store you can use their kits.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Yes, you can.
Thanks, Sherly!!