Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default show me your bling

i was chatting with kim this morning and we were discussing wedding rings.
i like to look, so, show me your set.

here's mine

Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

*sigh* I don't have a set. We were pretty young when we got married, and DH was actually jobless when he asked me to marry him. I have a small diamond solitaire engagement ring (I don't wear it, not my style) and I ordered a wedding band that I LOVED and planned to wear. DH had a message engraved on the inside of it. I'm not a big jewelry person, so I was fine just wearing a band. Well, I lost that ring. I think it accidentally got thrown in the garbage can. I have no idea what happened to it. Then he replaced it with a silver band ring with rubies in it... LOVED that one. Lost it at the beach. Someone with a metal detector probably found it. Grrrr.

See a theme here? Lost 2 wedding bands. Don't wear the diamond he bought me.

I currently wear a heart band from Brighton. It's flashy enough to feel like a wedding band, but cheap enough to lose again.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

My plan was to get a nice set for our anniversary and then Dusty went and got me this laptop, so I won't be doing it again this year. It's our 10 year, so I really wanted something other than my engagement ring. I had a hand me down set but I broke a prong and the diamond fell out. We found it, but I haven't had it fixed. For now, I just wear some cheap little ring, because I feel naked without a ring on my finger!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

And Laura, yours is gorgeous, btw.

Happily Creating For:

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Laura, that is beautiful!

Mine doesn't fit! Six children later-not much of what fit me in the beginning still fits! I have the ring and I would love to wear it although it totally isn't my style anymore. We talk about getting new rings for each other and doing a little vow renewal ceremony with just our kids for our 20th (3 years from now) that way I can get what would fit my style now. I'll always love my original though because I remember how thrilled I was to wear it and how much I loved it and being engaged and married! Why oh why do these years go so fast! I swear it feels like it was just yesterday!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sigh. After we got married, we learned that my left ring finger is allergic to gold. Breaks out, gets really nasty whenever I wear my rings. No other finger, just that one. It's odd, but I don't wear my set on a regular basis and only for a couple of hours at a time.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine:

Colby picked out the engagment ring himself and suprised me with it. We then got a ring guard because that's the only thing that really matched it. I just love the entire set! I've already had to have a diamond replaced on one of my bands and another one put back in my ring, but luckily they are both insured. I felt pretty naked for the three weeks they were at the repair shop.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got ours when we were 23, had no money but I just could not replace the engagement ring as it means a lot to me now. It is just a garnet, but I wanted it because it was our first born's birthstone Contrary to this picture I have a thumb I swear lol

Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We kind of feel it's a waste of money. I have one but it's too small. I was thinking of selling the gold.

I'll buy cheap ones from QVC every now and again. I get bored so o change it out!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is really my engagement ring. It was just what I wanted.

For our wedding, we bought gold bands... but I ordered mine too small (because it was cheaper--gaah!) and I couldn't wear it for long. I also got pregnant right away. My engagement ring actually needed resizing when I first got it... but through four pregnancies and 10 years, it kinda fits now. So I just wear it.

I was hoping to get an upgrade this year (our 10th). I guess I didn't say that out loud enough over the last 10 years... I thought I was rather noisy about it.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's kinda nice to know that so many other people have "We couldn't afford it" stories. Sometimes you think you're the only one... and everyone else has a fancy matching set, so you start to feel embarrassed. Sigh. It's nice to know other people have done different things and that really I'm "normal."

Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok. Here is my bling. This is not the ring I got married in. After we were married for 7 years we went to Vegas for a vaca. We were going to renew our vows with Elvis for some funny pics but hubby offered to buy me a new ring that was more my style. SOOOOOOOOO of course, I picked a new ring! So here it is and I love it. (we are celebrating 14 years tomorrow)

Ekkkk.......it is dirty. Guess I should clean it. LOL
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine. It's actually my mother's engagement ring and wedding band and I really love it. She gave it to me last year - my father died in 1998.
DH and I just had plain white gold bands when we got married, and mine is now too big for my finger.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I sincerely love how unique and different all our rings are.

Here is mine. I still look at it and smile and remember the night he asked me to marry him. He was a bumbling mess that entire day and I had no idea why!

I can honesty say I don't think I'll ever get it re-set or anything, I just love it too much.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

*sigh* I love looking at rings... all y'alls are so pretty!!!

Here is mine... the set on top is my engagement and wedding band (the band is just the two triangle cut diamonds)... I picked out a couple of settings I liked and my hubby took it from there... the ring was actually designed for a marque, but he used a princess cut set on an angle... oh, to this day I still LOVE this ring... sadly it doesn't fit at the moment...

The bottom band is what I wear daily... it's a cheap band that I asked for our 5th anniversary - but didn't get it until our 6th. Hubby has fair warning that for the 10th, I'm expecting something bigger than my wedding ring for my right hand. yeah... who wants to place their bets that will never happen... hahaha

Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wear a plain white gold band--3mm width. My engagement rings are both from QVC and cost less then $75 combined. I have no idea where they are now. Andrew says he'll get me something 'nice' once I've hit my goal weight. I'm intrigued to find out what his idea of 'nice' is, lol! I'd really be happy with something from QVC again, I hate the thought of spending all that money on a rock and metal.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine:

I love it! DH's great uncle owns a jewelry chain in Vegas, where he was able to get the engagement ring with the family discount, but we never had a chance to make it back up there to look for a wedding band. The Tuesday before we got married, DH was off to pawn a gold coin I had and heard about a good place where he could get the price of gold. In the same plaza was a little local jeweler that he walked into and thought we should try it out, since he didn't have a band yet either (we were POOR, and I'd just wrecked the car a week before, so we were on his little scooter). The lady in there had a neck brace, and she just loved us and we tried on just about everything to see if we could make any work with my engagement ring. Once we tried on this one, we knew it was perfect! She liked us so much that she gave us discount after discount, especially because of DH's uncle, and we basically got DH's ring free, and some more off of mine. I still need to get them soldered, but I'm a little afraid that they'll do it wrong. They fit together beautifully on my finger, but when I take them off and try to put them together it just isn't the same.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine....it is actually 3 rings...

My engagement ring is the 1 Ct diamond in the middle
My wedding band consists of two bands: #1 is a band with two princess cut/bagettes on both sides and #2 is a band with princess cuts

DH surprised me with the engagement ring, I picked out wedding band #1 and he surprised me with band #2 on our wedding day...it was all together when he slipped it on my finger!

Last edited by kim21673; 06-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I think it's funny that there are several of us that had high hopes for something new for our 10th anniversary & it didn't happen. I guess that makes me feel a LITTLE better. We'll celebrate our 10th anniversary on Friday. I've been telling Joel for FIVE YEARS I'd like the diamonds replaced in my wedding band for our 10th anniversary. Yeah. I finally went and got it priced two weeks ago. Joel said, "We can't afford that right now. We're going to Florida for vacation." So apparently he didn't save for the last five years. Hmph.

Anyway. Here are my rings. I'll never ever ever change my engagement ring. It was exactly what I wanted and I still love it to this day. The wedding band isn't as important. Joel was a poor college student when we got our rings so I paid for both of our wedding bands. I was a poor second year teacher. LOL So it's not very high quality- like at all. Joel's on his fourth? fifth? wedding band, too. Ha!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMoments View Post
I think it's funny that there are several of us that had high hopes for something new for our 10th anniversary & it didn't happen. I guess that makes me feel a LITTLE better. We'll celebrate our 10th anniversary on Friday. I've been telling Joel for FIVE YEARS I'd like the diamonds replaced in my wedding band for our 10th anniversary. Yeah. I finally went and got it priced two weeks ago. Joel said, "We can't afford that right now. We're going to Florida for vacation." So apparently he didn't save for the last five years. Hmph.
Sigh. Yeah. We should make a club...

Are you going to Disney? It's just a few rocks--Disney is more worth it.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i'm not married yet, but i have an engagement ring to show off (:

the middle stone was his grandmother's. we had it set in this setting. i couldn't be happier.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun thread! DH is fortunate because my mom has a rock that I will inherit someday... otherwise I would probably be asking for an upgrade on my engagement ring.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My original ring I LOVED but it kept having diamonds fall out- I think when they resized it it damaged the structural integrity. Anyway, for our 10 year, I got a new ring and I LOVE it too. Before I just had one ring as a wedding band wouldn't fit with my first ring. This one has a wedding band with it and I love it. Here's mine

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was VERY specific abt the type of engagement ring I wanted, and surprisingly, DH followed my directions and got it just right!

I have a heart-shaped pink sapphire solitaire in white gold.

My wedding band is just a plain white gold band that was less than $100 at the jewelry store. DH's is some manly kind made with some material I'd never heard of before.

[Those are my wedding flowers, btw.]
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
Sigh. Yeah. We should make a club...

Are you going to Disney? It's just a few rocks--Disney is more worth it.
Yes, let's make a club! And apparently Stephanie can't be in it- did you see the rock she got on her 10th???

We're going to Epcot for a day. And Legoland for a day. Then we're going to do the downtown disney thing a day and we're leaving room for things that we may decide to do once we're down there.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dh custom designed my engagement ring and wedding band. It's not at all what I would have picked, but it's perfect. I can't find a good picture of it right now so this is just from an old layout

Last edited by NeverendingJen; 06-19-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMoments View Post
Yes, let's make a club! And apparently Stephanie can't be in it- did you see the rock she got on her 10th???

We're going to Epcot for a day. And Legoland for a day. Then we're going to do the downtown disney thing a day and we're leaving room for things that we may decide to do once we're down there.
LOL! I deserved it. I hope to do our first Disney trip next fall- I'll be asking y'all for pointers.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
Dh custom designed my engagement ring and wedding band. It's not at all what I would have picked, but it's perfect. I can't find a good picture of it right now so this is just from an old layout
Love the layout about your ring.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had a nice engagement ring--a simple solitaire with a gold band--and a wedding ring that matched DH's. My diamond was small but beautiful. DH spent the first 10 years of our marriage talking about how he wanted to get me a new ring while I insisted I wanted that one for sentimental reasons. But then the diamond fell out of my ring and was lost for almost a year before it showed up in a corner of the basement. (I think maybe it got caught in a towel when I was giving the kids a bath and then fell out near the washer and dryer.) So between the rings being too small and the broken engagement ring, I haven't worn my set for a few years now.

We wanted to replace them, but DH and I disagreed on what I should get. I would have been fine wearing that set forever, but if I'm going to spend the money replacing them, I want something that's my style at 37, not 22. DH wants our rings to match, but he isn't willing to compromise on something other than the style he has now. So I wear a cheap ring in a style I like, and we redid our living room last fall instead of buying me new rings. It was a good choice.

Last edited by rach3975; 06-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

here is mine! Its a princess diamond in the middle with 2 pears on the side. Then I got the band for our 2nd anniversary while we were in NYC and went to the diamond district. It has all round diamonds and I kinda wish they were princess but its not that big of a deal to me. I LOVE my ring and dont want anything else although I have been eyeing a ring like Stephanie has but dont think I would ever get it.

And for our 10th anniversary this year DH is taking me to London and Paris! WEEEEE! We never got a honeymoon so this is our belated one!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love seeing everyone's pretty rings! I love even more the sentimental value behind them <3
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love seeing everyone's rings and hearing the stories

Here's mine(too lazy to take a better pic right now - this is from a photo challenge - ignore the 29 in the corner lol)

Dh bought this set actually shortly after we got together I know we didn't have a lot of money, so I don't even have a clue what it cost. He gave the the engagement band when he asked me, then put the wedding band on it when we married. He wanted to have them put together, but I like that they're 2 and I can play with them Also, some people tell me I wear them wrong, that the band should be on my finger first, but I don't care about what some people think is 'proper', this is the way he put them on me, and I'm so used to it now it works for me.

He also always says he wants to replace it with a 'better, nicer' set, but this is what he picked out all those years ago for me, so that's what I want. BUT - I've told him, I'm not opposed to another ring, just not a replacement. I'll be fine to have something all blinged out for my other hand.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

here are my rings. My husband took his mom with him when he went engagement ring shopping. She ultimately picked the solitaire out, so it's very sentimental to me. We rushed our engagement due to her cancer, and she died just over 2 months after we married. So I'll never trade-up to another diamond because this one is too precious to me. However, I picked out the wedding band. It reminded me of my mom's wedding set, so I picked it. It is very pretty with the wave of diamonds on each side, but it takes up a lot of my finger. I'd like to change it to something smaller and actually redesign the engagement setting too. For our 10th anniversary, my hubby picked out a matching solitaire diamond and had a necklace made for me. It's a perfect match for my engagement diamond, so maybe I'll have the diamonds put into a ring setting together. Our 13th anniversary is coming up, so maybe I'll start looking into that.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Such pretty rings!

Mine is very simple, but I love it. It's kind of hard to tell from the pic, but it has yellow gold going down the left side and white gold going down the right side. The band is white gold. I always wanted a princess cut diamond, although the setting makes it look a little more rectangular than it really is. We had this ring custom made based on some pictures of a few different rings.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first engagement ring was a cheapo fake, and I didn't marry him.
Then when my husband and I got together we were poor, and he got me a mini midget diamond in silver setting. And we got matching tatinum bands to wear. He still wears his. But they can't be sized and my hands just keep changing size with kids, and surgeries and weightloss. So we upgraded mine about 3 years ago. Around our 4th yr anniversary. I picked out what I wanted and he just said okay. After all I'm the one wearing it. I'd like to upgrade his but with his job he said he'd rather not. So instead we are saving for our honeymoon for our 10 year anniversary.
This is my wedding set. (they are melded together)
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
I'd like to upgrade his but with his job he said he'd rather not.
I knew a couple once where the guy couldn't wear a ring at all because of his job, so they had matching ring tattoos. I'm not really a tattoo person, but I loved the idea of that.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I pretty much only ever wear the engagement ring. It with the band is too much for my little hands. And the band is sterling silver and CZs! His is a titanium band. We spent so much $$$ on the wedding that we went cheap for our bands. He had been saving a LOOOOOOOOONG time for my engagement ring. He designed it himself and got the diamonds from a wholesaler. I it. He talked about upgrading after he gave it to me and I told him he was crazy!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So even though I am no longer married, I still love my ring. Its beautiful and my ex sold a guitar to buy it and he never sells guitars. I want to do something with it so I can wear it again, but I have no idea what. Here it is in an old layout I did of it.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a picture of mine because I'm keeping it in my safe deposit box for Cheyanne to have when she's older. I stopped wearing my rings about a year ago... took me 8-1/2 years after he passed to take them off, but it was time.

My engagement ring was 3 emerald cut sapphires - one larger in the center and 2 smaller ones on the sides. He knew I wasn't crazy about diamonds so he bought sapphires and said they reminded him of my eyes I wore a plain gold wedding band with it.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
So even though I am no longer married, I still love my ring. Its beautiful and my ex sold a guitar to buy it and he never sells guitars. I want to do something with it so I can wear it again, but I have no idea what. Here it is in an old layout I did of it.
that's a lovely set. After my parents divorced, my mom had her solitaire reset into a necklace setting so that she could still wear it. Maybe you could have them remade into a necklace/earring set?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
that's a lovely set. After my parents divorced, my mom had her solitaire reset into a necklace setting so that she could still wear it. Maybe you could have them remade into a necklace/earring set?
Thank you. That's kind of what I am thinking, too.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No fancy ring here either. If I ever have a diamond, I would only consider a Canadian one, as they are conflict-free. However, I think I'd rather spend the money travelling!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I knew a couple once where the guy couldn't wear a ring at all because of his job, so they had matching ring tattoos. I'm not really a tattoo person, but I loved the idea of that.
I'm all for that idea, but tattoos are a major no no for his job. I would totally do it though!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We didn't have much money when we got engaged either. My engagement ring was less than $250 and my wedding band was $50 I think. LOL The other one is my Mother's Ring I got when DD2 was 6 months old. (The picture was used in Project365 in 2010)

And here is the ring I got for our 10th anniversary almost 2 years ago. I <3 it!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I love this thread! Seeing these rings and hearing these stories warms my heart--I esp love those stories of not being able to afford "proper" rings and then later on replacing the originals. And I love that heart-shaped sapphire!

This is mine:

The hubs had my engagement ring made this way because I once told him that the only constellation I could identify was Orion...and actually just his belt, lol. So I told him that my wishing star was the middle one. The night he proposed he actually had this looooooong explanation that I was spacing out in the middle of, and then he whips out this ring, hahaha :P

We both have matching wedding bands, and all I wanted was for it to be two-toned in white and yellow gold. Only later did I know about ring guards or customizing a band with your engagement ring, lol. I could do that, but then I have so much sentimental value attached to our bands and I just want ours to match
Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Everyone's rings are so different. This is fun to see.

Here's mine. It's exactly what I wanted...a single, round solitaire on a thin band. The wedding band is very plain.

This wasn't actually my original engagement ring though...it was exactly the same only about 1/3 of this size. This was my 5-year upgrade because at the time my hubby was doing some electrical work for a jeweler and managed to barter out some new bling for me

Sadly the jeweler is retiring right now so I don't see a whole lot of ice in my future LOL!

Oh and on the hubby's ring...he wanted diamonds on his at the time of the wedding, however he never wears it on his hand. It is on a chain around his neck because it's gold and he's an electrician...not a good mix.

Last edited by Tracyfish; 06-19-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jennifer, so pretty and unique!!

And here is the ring I got for our 10th anniversary almost 2 years ago. I <3 it!
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I have a gold band that I paid $35 at the San Diego swap meet in 1992! And I pretty much wore it until last Nov when I seemed to have a reaction to the stupid hand sanitizer at work I still have a really pretty gold and sapphire ring that DH and DD picked out for me for XMAS 2000 that I still love. I really want to have a bannd or somethign to go with my Grandma's wedding band that is platnium with the original 7 diamonds in it I told DH that I wanted a set for my 20 year anniversary this year and when we disscuused it I decided I wanted za new camera instead
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I keep trying to talk my mom out of my grandma's ring. She isn't married and wears it on her right hand and I REALLY want it. I mean, REALLY! I put it on every single time we're at her house. I think I'll use the 10 year card on her and maybe she'll let me have it lol!

Happily Creating For:

Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sorry, it's late and I don't have a picture.

I have a 1/2 carat round solitaire on a 4mm white gold band. My wedding band is another plain 4mm white gold band.

Love them!

We're also at 10 this year, and finally taking our honeymoon as well!