Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic
Default I can't take it anymore

I work with a bunch of idiots.

One keeps coming to me asking how to prepare slides for a staff meeting tomorrow. I'm no powerpoint guru but since I run a meeting that uses slides, he thinks I have the answer to all his questions. I told him I got the slides from one of his co-workers so why don't you ask her to send them to you. He said she did, but he can't get it to format right. NOT MY PROBLEM! How can someone send him what he wants and he's saying it doesn't look right?

Idiot #2 can't remember anything. Problem is, I'm reporting to him right now while our real boss is on rotation. He sends an invite for a meeting today. Told him our co-worker is out today (which she already told him but whatever). So he cancels it, says he'll set another meeting tomorrow. He sends it out, but it's at 9am which is when the same co-worker said she'll be in late because of a Dr's appt. Not only that, that's the reason why she can't do a presentation tomorrow and HE has to do it.

WHY ME???????????

Anyway, I told me real boss I can't take it anymore - I have to disappear now. So here I am writing this from home.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I HEAR YA girl!!!

Some days you just have to throw in the towel and say "I'll try again tomorrow."
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh that is aggravating! Some people can be soooo annoying! lol
Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, sounds like a mess!

I have to work with some real numb-skulls too. Some days it's all I can do not to punch them in the head (doing that, although it would please most people at work, would not get me the promotion that I want, lol).

ETA: I'm not a particularly violent person, and wouldn't really punch someone in the head...but that's just how much they irritate me, lol...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I hate that, when the people you work with are so incompetent. I've been there (I worked at Mc Donald's for a loooooong time), and wowsers, there are some real jewels out there LOL
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I HEAR YA girl!!!

Some days you just have to throw in the towel and say "I'll try again tomorrow."
Ugh, I don't even wanna go in tomorrow. It's the same s--t, different day.

I might be "sick" then.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyscrap View Post

ETA: I'm not a particularly violent person, and wouldn't really punch someone in the head...but that's just how much they irritate me, lol...
Me neither, but I really wanted to beat their asses today. I think it would make me feel better, but I came home instead.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

Oh, man... I so feel you girl!! Only a few dys til Friday... but I know that can't come soon enough for you... I always felt that Fr. Time was laughing at me while at the office. I agree with Bree and Col... punch them in the head and then call it a day.

i create for
Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol i'm still laughing at picturing bree punching someone in the head.. oh how she amuses me so. lol

I was honestly giggling for about 5 minutes this afternoon after talking to her about her coworkers, my husband was asking me whats so funny and when i told him he said its obvious i'm overtired.. lol
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you ever just sit back and boggle at how some people get through life? I know I do, all the time. Ignorance must truly be bliss is what I figure.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I seriously wonder about people sometimes

last night, I was supposed to go to Brownies. My babysitter called around 4pm to tell me she couldn't make it, and my oldest was already committed to helping out my neighbor. Since I had no one to watch my boys, I called the other leader at 4:30 to leave a message that I was stuck for the night (Brownies doesn't start until 6:15).
this morning, my "boss" for Guiding, who happens to be my babysitter's MOM, asked me what happened. DUH!!! Pretty self explanatory I think - your daughter couldn't babysit when I said I needed her - what was I supposed to do? And said I left the message last minute. Uh, nope, try almost 2 hours before hand, and I did try to arrange something else, but it didn't work out.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyscrap View Post
Ha. I hear that. My feelings of violence tend to lean toward wanting to stick something sharp in their eyes :P

Sorry you're having to deal with all this right now Sam!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

awww - I hear you though! I'm still thinking I need a mental health day - wanna join me? lol

Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL Im not violent I promise but the punching in the head totally cracked me up for some reason. Blame it on TOO much morning coffee lol! I am so sorry you have to deal with all that hon! Hugs! Hope the end of the week is fairly easy going!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
awww - I hear you though! I'm still thinking I need a mental health day - wanna join me? lol
LOL, I'm joining you on your mental health day - I'm staying home away from the idiots today. I don't know how much more I can take!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, we should form a support group. Hahahahaha <------laughing like a mad woman!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelsl View Post
Ha. I hear that. My feelings of violence tend to lean toward wanting to stick something sharp in their eyes :P

Sorry you're having to deal with all this right now Sam!
LOL!!! That sounds like me. Although right now my thoughts are along the line of running people, particularly my boss, over with my car. I have had the worst last couple of weeks with my boss and unfortunately I don't see it getting better anytime soon. I need a vacation and he needs a girlfriend - bad!!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That does stink....I am sorry you are having (or had) a bad day...I hope all is better tomorrow (while you are at home sick )

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sam, just be thankful that you get to work with idiots because it sucks being laid off and trying to find a job in this economy. I would give my right arm to have an idiot to complain about right now and for me that is saying a lot because I've had my fair share of them and I totally know what you are saying. A mental health day just might help you feel better!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had my idiot share today, too. Like a manager who doesn't tell anyone that an account has gone away for over a month after the person/account left! And I'm left wondering, where's my revenue? Or the person who expects you to get something done by noon, but the questions you had to them to get it complete they don't bother responding to until after noon.
Makes you feel like it should be their head pounding the desk (maybe knocking some sense into it) rather than your own...

And Pam, I know - my DH is out of a job and now he's regretting not rejoining his last job after they started rehiring people (I keep reminding him that he didn't because he had moral issues with the way the boss was doing some illegal things and trying to make my DH an accomplice). He just wants a job - any job - right now. He's even debated working at McD's - yeah, a 32-year-old college graduate with a very bad back working at McD's, that's desperation.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
Sam, just be thankful that you get to work with idiots because it sucks being laid off and trying to find a job in this economy. I would give my right arm to have an idiot to complain about right now and for me that is saying a lot because I've had my fair share of them and I totally know what you are saying. A mental health day just might help you feel better!
So sorry about getting laid off Pam! It's happened to me before and it sucks not knowing what's gonna happen. Yes, at least I have an income, that's what I keep telling myself, and I'm about to take on more projects away from these 2 idiots so hope that's helps my sanity.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmonkey View Post
I had my idiot share today, too. Like a manager who doesn't tell anyone that an account has gone away for over a month after the person/account left! And I'm left wondering, where's my revenue? Or the person who expects you to get something done by noon, but the questions you had to them to get it complete they don't bother responding to until after noon.
Makes you feel like it should be their head pounding the desk (maybe knocking some sense into it) rather than your own...

And Pam, I know - my DH is out of a job and now he's regretting not rejoining his last job after they started rehiring people (I keep reminding him that he didn't because he had moral issues with the way the boss was doing some illegal things and trying to make my DH an accomplice). He just wants a job - any job - right now. He's even debated working at McD's - yeah, a 32-year-old college graduate with a very bad back working at McD's, that's desperation.
You know, McD's isn't so bad, I worked there for many years (I'm not a college graduate though) and though it sucked at times, it is really fun, and it paid some bills when we didn't have much. It usually covered the groceries, which was a big help.

I hope your DH and Pam find something soon! It's so hard.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Jamie...I work at McD's now, and I actually enjoy it. There's the occasional idiot that I have to work with, but generally it's pretty good. They treat me well, lol!