Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
man, i sound like an old man from the fifties, give me capitalism and a steak please - rare.
:P
omgosh, clinger!! you just gave me a much needed laugh!!! LOL!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate tidying up, but I have to, or my house would be a constant mess, lol.

If possible, I get OH to wash clothes, as I forget about them and leave them in the washing machine, then they need to be washed a 2nd time.

I drink far too much coca cola.

Sometimes I make food for the kids', get them to bed then order a pizza or Indian take away for me and OH.

I secretly watch cartoons when the kids' have them on, I pretend I'm busy on the laptop so they don't know I'm watching them, LOL.

As soon as I get home I put my tracksuit bottoms on and a huge top I love, even though it's about a year and a half old, I cringe if I have to go to the door wearing them.

I also hate talking on the phone, I get all confused and mess my words up! I found a fab site where I can order my take away online, so I don't have to phone them anymore.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
ummm....let me see.....
I hide food around the house. Sometimes I don't even eat it, I just don't let everyone else eat it.
OMGEE! I.do.the.same!

I hate to go out of my home. I'm just lazy like that. I spend most of my days inside and it's a pain when I have to leave (like today: Giulia have a doctor appointment ARGH!). I'm always looking for excuses to stay in.

Do I have to mention laundry or (God forbid!) Ironing?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
4. i'm a flaming right-winger. i want to get a permanent sign in my front yard that says "capitalism is practiced here". (omg. i rock.) LMAO!!!
Plant one of those suckers in my yard too!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I have huge frustrations with my lack of a career. I never in a million years thought I'd go from graduating from college with honors to being a housewife. I honestly hate going to events where I get asked "so what do you do?" or "what have you been up to?" because I feel like the biggest loser in the world for not having something cool to say. *sigh**cue mid-life crisis at the tender age of 27*
ME TOO!!!!!!! 12 years in the army - Deans list College Graduate - who took Greek and Latin!!!!!!! to Habitual ICarley/Chowder watcher, scrapping/quilting wayyyy to much so I don't have to clean!! How did that happen????????

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
nope, I'm here too
and me...and me.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
I hide chocolate and other yummy foods from my husband. Mostly just cos i dont want to share them with him!
I'm glad I'm not the only one... DH will even search through my stuff to find my hidden stash when he sees the wrappers in the trash...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I gave DS poptarts for lunch yesterday b/c I was watching the Teen Mom marathon on MTV and didn't want to stop to fix lunch....what??? poptarts have vitamins and iron in them LOL!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
3. I try not to have my kids have sleepovers because I alawys feel like my house is not clean enough and don't want to kids to think it's a pig sty! and really, it isn't that bad we just don't have enough space for 6 people in a 1200 sq foot house! {we live in gov't housing}
Six people in 1200 sqft? I don't know how you do it... We just moved out of our 1200 sqft gov't housing because it was too small for 4 people.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
5) Finally, this one is a really deep dark confession - I have a level 53 mage - nuff said.
R
Level 80 face-melting shadow priest and have considered starting a blog for it. Really.

We also love iCarly and Phineas and Ferb.

I often sleep during the day when the kids are in school. I just have never slept well at night unless I'm drugged up.

I'm scared of Facebook.

I'm even more scared of having my photo taken. I've gained weight over the past couple of years (see the above comment about face-melting), and the thought of posterity seeing me this way is irrationally terrifying.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
I have huge frustrations with my lack of a career. I never in a million years thought I'd go from graduating from college with honors to being a housewife. I honestly hate going to events where I get asked "so what do you do?" or "what have you been up to?" because I feel like the biggest loser in the world for not having something cool to say. *sigh**cue mid-life crisis at the tender age of 27*
Or you could be me, wanting to quit my job STAT to have babies and be a SAHM, which I SWORE I would never be when I was a teen.

Isn't it weird the way our lives turn out sometimes? LOL!

I'm not a flaming liberal, but I'm not a staunch conservative either. I'm pretty middle of the road (left on some issues, right on others), which means I HATE the current state of politics in this country. There's no one for me to vote for! LOL!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I think that I'm entitled to one day most weekends when I don't shower or even get out of my pjs.

I think the DVR is both the greatest and worst invention ever. It only facilitates my TV addiction and I love it for it!

I secretly dream of being a recording artist, but never had the guts to go for it.

Oh and Phineas and Ferb rocks!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

please add me to the laundry-challenged and pilers

thank you for this thread, Darcy, because there is something I've been wanting to confess lately -

I love McDonad's McRib sandwich. It seems so wrong but I can't help myself.

I volunteer at my kids' school b/c I want to spy on them and their classmates. I don't enjoy being there and am the worst parent volunteer ever. (The star lab on Space Day was cool though.)

I let my kids eat too much crap and watch too much TV just so they will leave me alone.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol I read all the pages here and just loved knowing I am not alone!!!! lol

1. I am not the best housekeeper in the world. I try but it just never seems to stay clean long - there is always laundry or coats to hang up or dishes to put away or newspapers and school papers here and there and girl scout craft projects waiting to be done. I will secretly admit I sometimes leave the house for long periods of time hoping my dh will clean the house out of frustration....and always smile when I come home and he did! Man I love that guy!

2. I can't cook. Ok I can IF I want to but honestly after work I really don't want to have to deal with finding something to cook. And while the good mom in me says "your kids should be eating warm nutrious meals for dinner" - it is not unheard of in my home to hear "Mom what is for dinner?" "Um....cereal?" and everyone is happy in our home!

3. I am a google addict - if something is broken or I don't understand something or there are computer issues in our home - I will google and google until I find the answer to the pressing problem! My family and friends tease me about it and will often have me look up their pressing issues too....just because they know I will find the answer!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post

I LOVE crime shows- especially real ones (documentary style)
Me too! I watch the ID channel all the time!! Have you ever seen it? Dateline and 48 hrs on ID, Deadly Women, Wicked Attraction...seriously it is on my TV all the time when I am home!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
also, I love protein, like i think that protein is the most important thing possible when it comes to eating, and i'm very defensive of meat... i actually got into a fight with a vegetarian today. really. (i feel bad about it too, maybe all this meat is giving me TOO much umph)
I. Freaking. Love. This.

Let's see, where should I start???

I, too, am a diet pepsi addict. I can't go to work until I have my fountain drink - even if it makes me late - and it's not abnormal for me to crack one open at 10:30 at night when I'm scrapping after the kids are in bed. We won't mention the ones in between those two times.

I vacuum the living room and kitchen at least once a day. Sometimes twice. I blame this on a family of 5 living in an 1100 sq. ft. house but really it's just because I'm OCD.

I am a habitual de-clutterer. If it's not nailed down and doesn't have an immediate purpose, I throw it away or give it away. I can't deal with excess crap. The only exception is our utility room. It is packed to the gills full of stuff that doesn't have another place to be. I just pretend not to notice in order to save my sanity.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
1. We live out of clean-laundry baskets. They are in the bedrooms and by the washer. I don't ever put laundry away. Its just how it is in our house and I've come to accept it.
I am so glad I'm not the only one.

Quote:
That's ironic, because I work full-time, not entirely by choice (I'd rather be part-time), and feel like when I go to events, I need to apologize for the fact that I'm not a SAHM. Most of the people in my circle are SAHMs.

Last edited by Kara; 01-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Or you could be me, wanting to quit my job STAT to have babies and be a SAHM, which I SWORE I would never be when I was a teen.

I'm not a flaming liberal, but I'm not a staunch conservative either. I'm pretty middle of the road (left on some issues, right on others), which means I HATE the current state of politics in this country. There's no one for me to vote for! LOL!
I am so with you Col! I am totally middle of the road too!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:36 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by profiler_mar View Post
I am so with you Col! I am totally middle of the road too!
I never meet people who are like that! I voted 3rd party in this election after reading Stacey's blog (I forget if she lands in a specific 3rd party or not; I want to say Libertarian, but I'm not totally sure). I never really realized that 3rd party was even an option before I read her blog, and I would get sooooooo frustrated!! Lol!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Best. Thread. Ever! I feel so much better about the state of my laundrey room now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbrie View Post
ETA
Here's one that drives dh crazy. I'm super nosy about the inside of people's houses. When I go on walks, I always look in windows and I love it when front doors are open, I can get a better view. I just love to see the inside of other people's houses. I love it when people post pics, I'm always checking out what's in the background, how the walls are decorated, what stuff they frame for the walls, how their furniture sits... I especially love complexes, where all the houses are the same layout, but everyone does different things with furniture placement...it fascinates me...
I totally do this too, and it drives SO crazy, especially if we're somewhere with my mum - she's even worse than me. At least I try to be discreet about it It was one of the things I didn't like about living in England, seriously - what is up with those net curtains and blinds? Don't they realise I need to look through their windows?

OK, here's three of mine:

1) I base the effort I put into tidying up on who is coming around. If it's my best friend I won't bother, if it's other friends, my brother, parents or the kids' friends I will at least make an attempt to have it tidy, and if it's someone I'm trying to impress, my MIL or various houseproud members of my family - it's panic cleaning time

2) I watch far too much telly. Case in point: So far it's taken me 10 minutes to write this post, as I am watching Cougar Town

3) Shopping makes me happy. Like really, really happy. And sales? Even better.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
Level 80 face-melting shadow priest and have considered starting a blog for it. Really.

We also love iCarly and Phineas and Ferb.
I totally get this. My DH has several Level 80 characters and is currently playing in the beta of Star Trek Online.

I am laundry challenged too! I am so glad I am not alone.

I am so going to hell for this one but I secretly hope that my co-worker's guinea pig thing dies just so I don't have to hear and smell it at work.

I really want to play Star Trek Online but I am afraid I'll get hooked and it will take away from my scrapping time.

I really want to be organized and I love it when my house is clean but I have little motivation to stay organized.

Sometimes I nudged my DH when he is sleeping (snoring) and I'm not just so I am not the only one asleep. I know it is so passive agressive but I just can't help myself.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 PM

profile gallery send pm

Dude, where do you work Liz?? WTF is a guinea pig doing at work!??!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Dude, where do you work Liz?? WTF is a guinea pig doing at work!??!
I work for the county as a court appointed criminal defender. She is an attorney too. It was supposed to be temporary but is has been here for probably a year. She's nuts and my bosses are kind of non-confrontational. We have some fish here too but they don't smell or make noise.

Thank you for the validation that I am not crazy that a pig thing does NOT belong in a law office.

Last edited by carriesmom; 01-25-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM

profile gallery send pm

A guinea pig doesn't belong in ANY office, unless you're a teacher and it's the class pet. That's effing absurd. Fish, sure. They don't smell OR make noise!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

1. I don't iron. I OWN an iron but don't use it (Rachel even asked me what it was...she had no clue)
2. Our bed rarely gets made...this MIGHT be because DH sleeps days and works nights...while I sleep at night (but am a SAHM to work all the time LOL)
3. I have never read Twilight. Or seen the movie. And don't plan on it.
4. Haven't seen Glee either.
5. I waited in line for about 8 hours waiting for the midnight release of The Return of the King. In a hobbit shirt. Yeah.
6. I don't own a blow drier or a curling iron...mainly because I have never been able to figure out how to do hair decently. LOL. So it's either down, in a ponytail, or crammed into a sloppy bun.
7. I still like my 80s hair/pop metal.
8. I am SUPER picky about food. Coffee, yuck. Cheese, yuck. Any fatty meat or meat that has the slightest bit of pink...double yuck. LOL, and that's just the start of my list.
9. I'm recovering OCD. Seriously. Counting and hair pulling were my two biggies. Thankfully moving out of dad's house was literally what made the difference...10+ years of garbage ended in one day.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE this thread! I do so many of these things.... I thought I was the only one!

One of mine: I bribed my kids to take pictures with the characters at Disneyland in November....(they hate them). I paid them $5 per character and $10 to take a pic with Mickey or Minnie...
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thought of another one...

I DVR General Hospital and watch it everyday and have since I was in HS.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2vasquez View Post
3. I am a google addict - if something is broken or I don't understand something or there are computer issues in our home - I will google and google until I find the answer to the pressing problem! My family and friends tease me about it and will often have me look up their pressing issues too....just because they know I will find the answer!
Ooo, me too! I Google...probably a little too much. I knew it was bad when I started wishing I could just use Google to find things around my house. Like my keys, or my phone.

Quote:

LOL, I said the same thing as a teen. I never wanted to stay home and I was always determined that would make more money than my DH. LOL! And that I would find a DH who could cook for me, which I did find, he just gone for long periods of time so I still have to fend for myself. But I guess I succeeded on at least one point.

The funny thing is if I was being REALLY honest about it, part (if not most) of my frustrations stem from pressures of society much more than from myself. I can't help but feel like most people will judge me for basically allowing myself to put my DH's career ahead of my own. Like I've somehow let down all of womanhood and set us back 50 years. Being a SAHM is one thing, being a SAHW seems totally different. I don't know, it's not the ideal path I would have chosen for myself but it worked out this way for many reasons and it must work for us since it's been four years now.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
9. I'm recovering OCD. Seriously. Counting and hair pulling were my two biggies. Thankfully moving out of dad's house was literally what made the difference...10+ years of garbage ended in one day.
I count, too. A lot, it drives me nuts and I have other weird number things, I cannot wake up at like 7:00 or 7:15, it has to be 6:58 or 7:12. I like some numbers better than others. I can't stand even off-ed numbers like 30 or 15. I was terrified my son would be born on the 25th, which I hate. Luckily, he was born on the 27th. I prefer even numbers over odd and there are some odd numbers I like more than others. Its pretty insane, I know.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
Sometimes I nudged my DH when he is sleeping (snoring) and I'm not just so I am not the only one asleep. I know it is so passive agressive but I just can't help myself.
LOL, when I wake up from a crappy dream, I accidentally nudge my dh awake. Although, there have been times I shake him awake and make him check the doors and windows!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL, I said the same thing as a teen. I never wanted to stay home and I was always determined that would make more money than my DH. LOL! And that I would find a DH who could cook for me, which I did find, he just gone for long periods of time so I still have to fend for myself. But I guess I succeeded on at least one point.

The funny thing is if I was being REALLY honest about it, part (if not most) of my frustrations stem from pressures of society much more than from myself. I can't help but feel like most people will judge me for basically allowing myself to put my DH's career ahead of my own. Like I've somehow let down all of womanhood and set us back 50 years. Being a SAHM is one thing, being a SAHW seems totally different. I don't know, it's not the ideal path I would have chosen for myself but it worked out this way for many reasons and it must work for us since it's been four years now.
Aaaah yes. Darn society! LOL! I totally feel you. As a woman in a male dominated field, I feel that pressure for sure. Like if I take a leave of absence to start a family, I'll get left behind and become obsolete or something. I'm determined to make it work out for myself though. I've warned my bosses for several years that I don't plan on working 5 days a week, 9-5, in the office once we start a family. Small benefit to marrying an IT guy, I can get set up to work from home 2 or 3 days a week. We'll see how it actually pans out, but that's what I'm hoping to do anyway.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBarrette View Post
1.) I hate talking to people on the phone and sometimes even IRL...if it can't be done by e-mail or over the internet my hubby has to take care of it. I wont even make doctors appointments or order a pizza.
I make my husband order the pizza, too. And he works out of town. So, he calls from Washington DC to order a pizza for me in Ohio.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbrie View Post
LOL, when I wake up from a crappy dream, I accidentally nudge my dh awake. Although, there have been times I shake him awake and make him check the doors and windows!
ooh I am so a door checker. I make my DH tell me that I locked the door even though he didn't see me do it, it just makes me feel better.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dreamer View Post
I LOVE this thread! I do so many of these things.... I thought I was the only one!

One of mine: I bribed my kids to take pictures with the characters at Disneyland in November....(they hate them). I paid them $5 per character and $10 to take a pic with Mickey or Minnie...
lol! I totally laughed out loud at this...and I can totally see me doing the same thing just to get that pic! LOL!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

I am seriously giggling at some of these lol And relating to more than I will ever admit!

Ok, my 3 confessions..

Whenever I know I'm having company, I 'fake it til ya make it'. A quick dash around the house, grabbing everything and shoving it in my bedroom.

When I see my partner winding down for the night, I often rush to get into bed first just so I don't have to check all the doors and windows, feed the cat - you know, the general bed time routines. I cannot stand the smell of cat food adn will find any excuse to avoid it.

Today is the third day in a row that I haven't gotten dressed. Clean underwear and fresh jammies, but still not 'dressed' And I make no apologies for it whatsoever
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I hate tidying up, but I have to, or my house would be a constant mess, lol.

If possible, I get OH to wash clothes, as I forget about them and leave them in the washing machine, then they need to be washed a 2nd time.

I drink far too much coca cola.

Sometimes I make food for the kids', get them to bed then order a pizza or Indian take away for me and OH.

I secretly watch cartoons when the kids' have them on, I pretend I'm busy on the laptop so they don't know I'm watching them, LOL.

As soon as I get home I put my tracksuit bottoms on and a huge top I love, even though it's about a year and a half old, I cringe if I have to go to the door wearing them.

I also hate talking on the phone, I get all confused and mess my words up! I found a fab site where I can order my take away online, so I don't have to phone them anymore.
This is so me- I do all of this! Every.single.thing.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBarrette View Post

1.) I hate talking to people on the phone and sometimes even IRL...if it can't be done by e-mail or over the internet my hubby has to take care of it. I wont even make doctors appointments or order a pizza.
This is me too! Seriously, don't call me. I won't answer. I don't 'do' phone calls. But I text and email..like a boss ROFL
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DH is taking our 4 year old to his parents' for 3 days and I'm totally looking forward to 3 days of not having to cook or even get out of my pj's unless I want to

Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
DH is taking our 4 year old to his parents' for 3 days and I'm totally looking forward to 3 days of not having to cook or even get out of my pj's unless I want to
That sounds like heaven!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Sounds like heaven!