Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Vacation plans...

What are everyone doing for summer? Are you going away on a tropical getaway, perhaps a cruise or just hanging out at home, chilling in the backyard.

We're taking the kids to France. Their second trip, our billiont or something like that. South of France to be exact, we're renting my uncle's apartment and renting a car so we can go wherever. Beach is 5 minutes away by car, bakery and pool within walking distance, the pool is inside the gated community and we're on the top floor with a view of the ocean. The beaches are sandy, there are boat trips to the islands outside the coast, which we normally take for a daytrip. Then there is beautiful nature with spectacular views, a lake for pedal boats and water fun. Ah, I almost want it to be summer already. but spring needs to get a chance first.

So tell me about your plans
Old 04-16-2017, 11:57 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like an awesome summer plan, Christine!
We are not fixed yet on our plan. Too many places we want to go
Old 04-17-2017, 12:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Sounds like an awesome summer plan, Christine!
We are not fixed yet on our plan. Too many places we want to go
If I had the money I'd have the same problem, I want to go everywhere
Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are going on our first family vacation (on my side) in June! My parents rented a cabin about 5 1/2 hours south of here for a week so my parents, my sister, my nephew, my husband, my kids, and me will all be heading down to hang out for a few days. The area has a huge recreation area + some famous caves + a zoo that only features Australian animals so hopefully it will be fun & we won't drive each other too crazy.

DH is in the middle of changing jobs & I'm interviewing for one so I'm a little concerned that one or both of us won't be able to get the time off but we'll see.

We don't have plans otherwise. Last summer we drove down to DH's brother's lake house over the Fourth of July weekend but I don't know that we'll have the time this year.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My family does what LeeAndra's is doing. Every year my parents rent a house in the mountains (the Poconos in Pennsylvania) for a week, and my family, my sister's family, and my brother's family all spend the week there together. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the trip. On the one hand it's so nice for everyone to spend that time together, and I love that we do it. On the other hand, there are 14 of us in one house trying to agree on meals, entertainment, and everything else for a week. For an introvert like me, it gets to be too many people with no chance to be alone and recharge.

This year we're also doing a long weekend away, just the 5 of us. We're going to Virginia Beach (about 3 hours from home) and staying right across the street from the beach.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
My family does what LeeAndra's is doing. Every year my parents rent a house in the mountains (the Poconos in Pennsylvania) for a week, and my family, my sister's family, and my brother's family all spend the week there together. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the trip. On the one hand it's so nice for everyone to spend that time together, and I love that we do it. On the other hand, there are 14 of us in one house trying to agree on meals, entertainment, and everything else for a week. For an introvert like me, it gets to be too many people with no chance to be alone and recharge.

This year we're also doing a long weekend away, just the 5 of us. We're going to Virginia Beach (about 3 hours from home) and staying right across the street from the beach.
I can relate on the frustration with too many people in one place, that's usually how our family gtg go too. A long weekend just the 5 of you sounds nice.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
We are going on our first family vacation (on my side) in June! My parents rented a cabin about 5 1/2 hours south of here for a week so my parents, my sister, my nephew, my husband, my kids, and me will all be heading down to hang out for a few days. The area has a huge recreation area + some famous caves + a zoo that only features Australian animals so hopefully it will be fun & we won't drive each other too crazy.

DH is in the middle of changing jobs & I'm interviewing for one so I'm a little concerned that one or both of us won't be able to get the time off but we'll see.

We don't have plans otherwise. Last summer we drove down to DH's brother's lake house over the Fourth of July weekend but I don't know that we'll have the time this year.
Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip. I hope work doesn't ruin your plans.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We plan to go to Disney world since DD's birthday is on summer, I'm opposed actually because I know it will be packed with tons of people but since she requested it last year, I am now reading tons of blogs about DW planning and stuff. We plan to stay there for one week to visit universal.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are going to germany for a week.and visit europapark for two days. It's was chozen the best attractionpark of europe.maybe we visit switserland for a day.it's not that far from wherw we staying.
In juli we visit disneyland paris for two days. ( also going there next week for two days )
Old 04-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Probably just going camping, maybe a short trip somewhere in driving distance since we just moved cross country to Utah and changed jobs.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

End of May my brother-in-law is "getting" married in Italy. *long story, his fiance's visa is in question because of our new president and their lawyer advised them not to get married in Italy. This wedding has been planned since last summer. So no matter what, it will still go on, just might not be official.

Then end of June - my mom is being given an award at a national convention for hearing loss in Salt Lake City. We are flying out at the end of the conference to travel around the area. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with our SLC digi girls!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
End of May my brother-in-law is "getting" married in Italy. *long story, his fiance's visa is in question because of our new president and their lawyer advised them not to get married in Italy. This wedding has been planned since last summer. So no matter what, it will still go on, just might not be official.

Then end of June - my mom is being given an award at a national convention for hearing loss in Salt Lake City. We are flying out at the end of the conference to travel around the area. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with our SLC digi girls!

Italy! How fun! Where in Italy are you going?

And I'd love to meet you in SLC!!
Old 04-17-2017, 11:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
Italy! How fun! Where in Italy are you going?

And I'd love to meet you in SLC!!
We are flying into Venice... the wedding is outside of Padua. Then we are making our way to Rome, stopping in Pisa and Florence along the way. Hoping we will see what we would like to see... in our group its the three of us, my parents, and my hubby's 91 year old grandma and 83 year old aunt. Just finding a vehicle large enough to haul everyone wasn't easy.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We are flying into Venice... the wedding is outside of Padua. Then we are making our way to Rome, stopping in Pisa and Florence along the way. Hoping we will see what we would like to see... in our group its the three of us, my parents, and my hubby's 91 year old grandma and 83 year old aunt. Just finding a vehicle large enough to haul everyone wasn't easy.
hahaha oh yeah, not in Italy would that be easy. If you explore venice, make sure to go to burano. It's STUNNING. You are going to some of my favorite cities! the hop on/off buses around Rome are usually a great price too, as its an easy way to transit the city and they come regularly so you can get off and explore. If you are doing the vatican, be there SUPER early to get in line and make sure everyone is dressed appropriately as well. It's worth the wait too.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
hahaha oh yeah, not in Italy would that be easy. If you explore venice, make sure to go to burano. It's STUNNING. You are going to some of my favorite cities! the hop on/off buses around Rome are usually a great price too, as its an easy way to transit the city and they come regularly so you can get off and explore. If you are doing the vatican, be there SUPER early to get in line and make sure everyone is dressed appropriately as well. It's worth the wait too.
thank you, thank you for the recommendations. We are a little "deer in the headlights" for this trip!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
thank you, thank you for the recommendations. We are a little "deer in the headlights" for this trip!
Glad to help! It's been a lot of years since I lived there but I had my favorites by far.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Walt Disney World for 2 weeks in september!
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Camping for us, I've already picked 2 weeks, maybe one more and a small trip to my inlaws cabin about 4 hours from here. We did our family vacation over spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Maine and we go way in the winter when the weather is crap Summers here are gorgeous so we stay right here and spend a lot of time at our place on the lake. My daughter (17) will be working and doing summer basketball and volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House so she'll be busy anyway. We're doing a couple last college tours here in New England. We had our get away this winter when we went to Savannah/Tybee Island - we spent 10 glorious days in the land of palm trees while we escaped the frozen snowy tundra
Old 04-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We weren't going to go anywhere.. it's expensive to travel right now to the states (i want to go back to the oregon coast every day... haha) BUT Lucas asked if we could go back to victoria on vancouver island and who am I to say no to that?! lol
Old 04-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
We weren't going to go anywhere.. it's expensive to travel right now to the states (i want to go back to the oregon coast every day... haha) BUT Lucas asked if we could go back to victoria on vancouver island and who am I to say no to that?! lol

We're going to the Oregon Coast in August! It's been at least 24 years since I've been.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My little sister's getting married at the end of May so we have a lot of family coming in for that. And then nothing much for our summer. We want to explore around our area, I think. In August we'll go with my family to the Oregon coast for a week! Luckily, my little family will be in the Casita so we'll have a place to escape when the large number of people gets to be too much. It should be pretty great.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'M COMING WITH YOU BRITANEE!!! Where on the coast are we going?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We're heading to So Cal in 10 days!! Freaking out because of all the things that need to be done before, but I'm sure we'll have fun once we're there.

I'd love to go to Hawaii. I don't know if it's gonna happen this year... probably not. We may just be staying put this summer and exploring our area, maybe introducing fishing to the kids.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No trips planned for us - we go camping a lot during the summer - like we try for every other weekend, so that's kind of our summer "vacations". I'd LOVE to take a real trip but we just did one in February so I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

I love reading about everyone's travel plans!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 04-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'M COMING WITH YOU BRITANEE!!! Where on the coast are we going?

Come with me!! You might have to sleep on an air mattress in our casita though We're going to Brookings.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
Come with me!! You might have to sleep on an air mattress in our casita though We're going to Brookings.

oohh the southern coast is on my bucket list. sigh. oregon seriously has a special place in my heart. LOL!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
oohh the southern coast is on my bucket list. sigh. oregon seriously has a special place in my heart. LOL!
When we visited last, we went to Arch Cape so that was northern Oregon. This will be my first time going to the southern part. I can't wait to see the beach, rocks, and beautiful views.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 4th grader is out for summer Memorial weekend so we are going camping that weekend. Family reunion in the middle of June and maybe great wolf lodge or Legoland in July. Another camping trip in August and then hubby and I will be going to Los Cabos in September kid-free for 4 days!!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We do most of our traveling in the winter because of farming- but we will be spending a couple of weekends at our "lake house." It's a 1973 trailer we bought last year at the lake two hours from us. It's nothing special, but it has a great deck and is right across the street from my parents 1967 trailer. Haha. We are friends with everyone in the trailer park and I'm really excited for Teddy to grow up going there all summer.

Teddy and I will hopefully be going to visit Jennifer in SLC, too! Nothing is official, but I'm super excited to finally hug her in person!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Victoria sounds nice though. And Canada is on MY bucket list so I'm jealous of you who gets to live there.

And next year, if you go to France I can hook you up with a sweet appartment (or two if you want to bring friends) for a great price
Old 04-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
Victoria sounds nice though. And Canada is on MY bucket list so I'm jealous of you who gets to live there.

And next year, if you go to France I can hook you up with a sweet appartment (or two if you want to bring friends) for a great price
Victoria is my favourite city i've ever been to <3 <3 I do LOVE Canada
Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're renting a house in Nova Scotia for a week with my hubby's parents.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We will be doing some camping and we are considering heading to Silverton, Colorado for 4th of July to see their fireworks display. It's amayyyyyzing from what I've heard. We'll see. Nothing too exciting. I do know where I'd love to go, but yea well....LOL
Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are going to Belgium. We've rented this awesome holiday home which has it's own pool (indoors so if the weather is bad, we're still good !), jacuzzi and a sauna. It's all about relaxing with us when we're going on our vacation. We are going to check out the surroundings for sure because it's beautiful where we are going but I am mostly looking forward to soaking in the jacuzzi hahaha
Old 04-20-2017, 04:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Where in Belgium are you going Biancka?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post

Teddy and I will hopefully be going to visit Jennifer in SLC, too! Nothing is official, but I'm super excited to finally hug her in person!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest is graduation from high school in May and starting college in late June. We're going to take a week long cruise from Miami to Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman and Cozumel the first week of June. Then later in the summer while my little one is at church camp my husband and I plan on taking a long weekend trip to Denver for a little exploring and relaxation.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
We are going to Ohey, Sarah.......it's near Namen. Is that anywhere near you ????
Old 04-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Wanted to ask the same
Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
We are going to Ohey, Sarah.......it's near Namen. Is that anywhere near you ????
Live near belgium border but didnt here of this place before.it's in wallonie i guess ?
Old 04-20-2017, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
No, it's not. Unfortunately!
I'm near Tilburg.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I went on two big vacations last year and this year work is crazy for both me and my boyfriend, so no real vacation. We have two small road trips planned though, but it will probably just be kiddo and me. One to Minneapolis to check out Valley Fair, a MN Twins game and hang out at the lakes. We also plan to go to Itasca State Park which is where the headwaters of the Mississippi River is and hang out with friends in their cabin.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A mini vacation at an amusement park on the lake for a few nights this summer, and Universal Studios later in the year. Ugh, I need to plan that trip yet.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:10 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Going to Russia, Moscow and St. Petersburg, then Finland Helsinki, then Talling, Riga, then flying to Oslo to my beloved Norway, then Paris but not for Paris (been there many times) - going to see loire valley castles, then Switzerland. Travelling like this is a hard work :-)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
No, it's not. Unfortunately!
I'm near Tilburg.
Too bad.........we probably are going to come near Tilburn when we are on our way to Ohey. The last three years we went to Ulicoten and I thought that would be near you but it's still 1 hours and 15 minutes. My knowledge is awful ! LOL
Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

we did paris for spring break. we don't really travel in the summer since it's so hot and it's when everyone else goes. we have a weekend in vegas planned and a staycation at gray wolf lodge but that's about it. we have an asia trip planned for the fall.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

no vacations for me though i'd love to go on a long weekend adventure to celebrate my birthday in July but somehow I don't think I'll be able to afford it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv