Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default just a little rant

I just have to say I'm super frustrated that shipping costs to Canada are rediculously high for just about every online store out there - and I just want to say THANK YOU to this place for having great shipping prices.

I've been trying to find some scrapbooking supplies since my local scrapbook store is super overpriced and has a very small selection anyway... so I get all excited looking through places like OrientalTrading that has awesome stuff... only to find out they will charge over $20 for shipping on an order that is less than that. I will NOT pay more for shipping than product, that's just crazy! So I'm sad and frustrated and I guess I have to figure out another way to get buttons and cute brads and bulk greeting cards.

Anyone from Canada know if a good online scrapping store that actually ships for a reasonable amount?

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh that sucks Lindy, even in the US I get ticked at how much some places charge for shipping. I won't pay more for shipping than the cost of the item either. I have to agree that I was very pleased with SSD's shipping prices on the chipboard order I did earlier this month though!

I have an online scrapbook store bookmarked on the laptop that only charges like a $1 more to ship to Canada. I'll go look it up for you in a sec! I really need to get all my bookmarks moved over to my new pc lol!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay I found the link! http://www.franticstamper.com/ In the $15-30 order range there is only a $1 difference in the US/Canada shipping, above that there is still only a $1.50-$2 difference. I haven't personally ordered from them before, but I think it was Emily Giovanni who gave me the link maybe? But it looks like they carry quite an assortment of the good stuff.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been scouring ebay lately for tiny buttons, mini brads and paper flowers. I've ordered quite a few things that way that I can't find locally. I guess everyone would do shipping to Canada differently - but might be worth a look for you. Good Luck!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the ideas. I've been scouring ebay too... often shipping to canada is $12-$15 which is steep for a bag of buttons, in my opinion but maybe I'm just too picky?? I'll keep on hunting!

My Etsy Shop
Old 05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, shipping to Canada can be AWFUL! I've found a few places on Etsy that the shipping prices are pretty low (seriously, I just got a huge assortment of Prima flowers - about 400 flowers, shipped to me for I think $3 - I just looked...I paid $5.70 for shipping and she refunded me $3 when she sent it because it didn't cost that much).

Also, check out Canadian stores. The shipping is high too because we all know that shipping withing Canada is ridiculous, but we won't get dinged with duty charges on top. I don't know any off the top of my head, but I used to shop mostly Canadian.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

shipping is a PITA! Even here at SSD fi I want to order an album it cost $25 to ship it to Holland :S Hope you find somewhere that has a nice and resonable shipping rate.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear your pain about the cost of postage to overseas but I guess it's slghtly better for me here in the UK. The dollar and the pound are really good so whatever I buy from America costs about half what it would to get here in the UK so even with a hefty charge for postage I still save money. (Well obviously I don't save anything because it just means that I buy more )

Even buying from UK based shops the postage is getting ridiculous so I mainly buy from the US
Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

you can try www.scrappingreatdeals.com or www.smalltownscrappers.com or like some of the others have said try ebay. what type of stuff or you looking for, I have lots on ebay and lots more ooking for a new home
C

Old 05-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

don't know of any online places to shop, so I am no help to you there...but you can buy all my scrap stuff, LOL! I will ship real cheap!! What are you looking for??
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayawake View Post
I just have to say I'm super frustrated that shipping costs to Canada are rediculously high for just about every online store out there - and I just want to say THANK YOU to this place for having great shipping prices.

I've been trying to find some scrapbooking supplies since my local scrapbook store is super overpriced and has a very small selection anyway... so I get all excited looking through places like OrientalTrading that has awesome stuff... only to find out they will charge over $20 for shipping on an order that is less than that. I will NOT pay more for shipping than product, that's just crazy! So I'm sad and frustrated and I guess I have to figure out another way to get buttons and cute brads and bulk greeting cards.

Anyone from Canada know if a good online scrapping store that actually ships for a reasonable amount?

Proud to be creating for:

Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, I think I have kind of specific things in mind... but it's worth a shot I guess?
colorbox cats eye inks ( brown, black, white, baby blue, chalk inks...)
autumn leaves buttons ( foofala line, and/or clear)
tiny sharp scissors
screw top brads
rhinestones (tiny and small)
prima or other PAPER flowers in bright colours (reds, blues, purples, whites...)

I don't have a lot to spend, but for sure if you have supplies you want to get rid of just post or pm me and maybe I'll just buy from you instead.

My Etsy Shop
Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayawake View Post
Well, I think I have kind of specific things in mind... but it's worth a shot I guess?
colorbox cats eye inks ( brown, black, white, baby blue, chalk inks...)
autumn leaves buttons ( foofala line, and/or clear)
tiny sharp scissors
screw top brads
rhinestones (tiny and small)
prima or other PAPER flowers in bright colours (reds, blues, purples, whites...)

I don't have a lot to spend, but for sure if you have supplies you want to get rid of just post or pm me and maybe I'll just buy from you instead.
I have tonnes that I am putting in a garage sale next weekend
C

Old 05-30-2008, 05:50 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

you could try A Cherry On Top I'm a little biased I know, but we've got some canadian and international members and I don't think our shipping is too bad. Especially if you can catch one of our shipping promotions on the Promos Page. Plus we've got all those items in stock right now
Old 05-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks!!

My Etsy Shop
Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to mention that there was a bug in the cart and international first class wasnt showing as an option after a USPS price increase back at the beginning of May. It's been fixed now, so packages up to 4lbs can be sent first class which should save some good money over Priority making it even more afforable for our international shoppers to buy chip from SSD.

HTH!
Robin : )
Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awesome Robin!
Well, I hope to buy chipboard from here really soon... I've just been getting my feet wet with some simpler projects! I know where to find chipboard - your prices are great - I just didn't know where to find the stuff to cover the chipboard. Well, aside from the digital supplies that is!

My Etsy Shop