Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's get real :)

Hey ladies!

Some of you I remember from when I used to scrap often and participate in this forum ALOT. In fact, some of you may remember me as a 17 year old growing up in a VERY small secluded town (6 hours drive to the nearest McDonalds secluded... haha) and you were my family...

I dunno about you, but my favourite thing about this forum was the realness. ..Threads from La, Laura, (emmasmommy) Laura Banasiak and people that weren't afraid to shine a light on the crummy parts of being a mum/partner/daughter/human and express themselves so we could all feel comfy being vulnerable.

I wanna throw it out there and ask everyone -- R U OK?

Because if we can share with our scrapping sistas who can we share with? xx
Old 10-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am dealing with some upsetting stuff this morning with my husband's side of the family. It's too complicated and convoluted to explain here, though. And for all I know, they visit this forum.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm dealing with stuff with my 15 year old who has basically lost all of his close friends this year and become a recluse. I lay in bed and cry all night every night. He's never been a popular outgoing kid, and always only had 1 best friend and a couple of acquaintances, but now his bestie has moved on No idea what's happened but they barely speak. I worry so much that he's all alone, that he'll never get a girlfriend. I pray this kid goes off to university and finds his tribe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I'm dealing with stuff with my 15 year old who has basically lost all of his close friends this year and become a recluse. I lay in bed and cry all night every night. He's never been a popular outgoing kid, and always only had 1 best friend and a couple of acquaintances, but now his bestie has moved on No idea what's happened but they barely speak. I worry so much that he's all alone, that he'll never get a girlfriend. I pray this kid goes off to university and finds his tribe.

I can't imagine how hard that is for you!! Big hugs
Old 10-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last week sucked. Had to put down our 17 year old dog. Then two of my three kids came down with strep throat. Hubby wasn't in town when I had to deal with the dog, and he got rear ended on his way home! Needless to say, I'm glad it's a new week... everyone is good now, so I am grateful for that.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh ladies, sorry all this has happened to you

Life is the usual ho-hum for me. In a bit of a funk and can't seem to drag myself out, no motivation to do anything I should be doing. I'll pull out of it, hopefully soon
Old 10-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Don't worry Megan, every one has his own way, he will be fine I'm perfectly sure because when I was at that age I was unpopular, had too much face problems, didn't have friends, and my family was moving from town to town like crazy... So I learned that becoming an adult is a bid journey. And going to university is biggest life change for most people..

PS Say Hello to Kaylee from me)
Old 10-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hugs to everyone!!

My marriage has turned into roomates that raise children together. It's sad and confusing, but we have taken the time to talk about it and let ourselves grieve the relationship we once had...and build a new one. We don't know what that new relationship will be, but already talking about it has been freeing for both of us. Maybe we will make it back to each other, or maybe we will end things in divorced...but I believe we will always be able to put our differences aside when it comes to putting the kids first. #realtalk
Old 10-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Megan, my oldest is going through that as well. Almost two years ago she lost her best friend. She came home from school one day and it all went down on DM's. My daughter was so angry and so hurt through it all, and even now as she's grieving the second anniversary of a once-loved friendship, she still doesn't understand what happened or why she came home to such hateful, hurtful words. Kids can be mean and cruel. I keep praying that mine finds a new friend, one that won't hurt her. But for not she's so careful with people that she isn't allowing it to happen. I hope your son is able to find his tribe and to move past this lost friendship.

As far as us, we've gone through a horrible year. Our whole world turned upside down. I'm sure if you can look through my gallery, you can tell a little bit of what has happened with our family. We made a lot of changes and now, God-willing things are getting better. October 17th will be five months of a few things not happening, which is awesome! But I still worry and pray for my family to remain whole and safe. I'm learning to let go, even though it's SO hard and I don't want to. I realize I need to learn this and learn to trust that my kids will do the right thing. So while it's been a horrible year, I like to think it's a year of learning and much needed self-improvement.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It's been a long and tiring year for us (and me especially). Some of our dreams and hopes of moving out from China fell through badly when we were so so close into realising it. Let alone the financial loss, we were very disappointed and I was, well, I was so down for sometimes, with the fact that we could not get into our first country preference.
Now, we've made a new plan and are working towards it. I really do hope things turn up positively. I am applying for a teaching postgrad degree in Australia and hoping that I can start studying in February. This will be the first time after 6 years break I come out of my shell after a very bad experience with PhD... and it will be an opportunity for me to build up my career path and, hopefully, an opportunity for us to be able to get out of this country.
We want to live in a land of better opportunities, better education and environment for our kid(s). After being in China for 6 years, we found that we need to get out for the sake of our family.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Glad things are looking positive again Sherly, what part of Australia are you looking at?
Old 10-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Glad things are looking positive again Sherly, what part of Australia are you looking at?
I've applied to Monash and RMIT. If I get to Monash, it'll be Melbourne, if it's RMIT, I'll be in Bundoora campus. Both are not far from where you live, Megs
Old 10-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Not far at all! Fingers crossed you get to come down under ♥
Old 10-11-2017, 06:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
It's been a long and tiring year for us (and me especially). Some of our dreams and hopes of moving out from China fell through badly when we were so so close into realising it. Let alone the financial loss, we were very disappointed and I was, well, I was so down for sometimes, with the fact that we could not get into our first country preference.
Now, we've made a new plan and are working towards it. I really do hope things turn up positively. I am applying for a teaching postgrad degree in Australia and hoping that I can start studying in February. This will be the first time after 6 years break I come out of my shell after a very bad experience with PhD... and it will be an opportunity for me to build up my career path and, hopefully, an opportunity for us to be able to get out of this country.
We want to live in a land of better opportunities, better education and environment for our kid(s). After being in China for 6 years, we found that we need to get out for the sake of our family.
Oh Sherly I am so sorry to hear things didn't work out. Fingers crossed that the new plan comes together for you ❤️
Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I've applied to Monash and RMIT. If I get to Monash, it'll be Melbourne, if it's RMIT, I'll be in Bundoora campus. Both are not far from where you live, Megs
RMIT? That campus is 10 minutes away from me (what a small, small world!). I also studied my teaching degree there too.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
RMIT? That campus is 10 minutes away from me (what a small, small world!). I also studied my teaching degree there too.
Well, crossing fingers that I do get there soon
If it goes well it'll be my son and I, the two of us... so, I am glad to know that I'll know some people.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am always 'okay.' But I would like my life to be so much more than just 'okay,' KWIM?

I am still struggling with the same things I always struggle with -- my weight, my unemployment, my close relationships, how I'm raising my children.

Things seem to be getting better and then something happens and I'm right back to where I started. I often wish I wasn't so sensitive and deep. Maybe then things wouldn't be so difficult and hurtful all the time.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry you all seem to be going through so much.

The only things truly hurt me right now is my weight. I went on a diet the beginning of July and it seemed to be working awesome. According to my scale I was down 27 pounds, I felt better, people were noticing. Then my scale started to act up and I brought it to the place I go for weight loss. They gave me a new one. I went home and got it all synced up and ready and bam! It told me I was 17 pounds heavier than the previous one. I was shocked and instantly felt heavier and like I had lost nothing. I talked to the people at my weight loss center and they were shocked. We took measurements and I am down about 16" which makes no sense for a supposed 10 pound weight loss. I just got back on the scale and it's saying I lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks which is fine, but that means only about 13 pounds total in 3.5 months. Which is horrible weight loss for all the work and money I am dumping into doing this. I need to lose weight, it's necessary for so many reasons. I am just so confused now.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
The only things truly hurt me right now is my weight. I went on a diet the beginning of July and it seemed to be working awesome. According to my scale I was down 27 pounds, I felt better, people were noticing. Then my scale started to act up and I brought it to the place I go for weight loss. They gave me a new one. I went home and got it all synced up and ready and bam! It told me I was 17 pounds heavier than the previous one. I was shocked and instantly felt heavier and like I had lost nothing. I talked to the people at my weight loss center and they were shocked. We took measurements and I am down about 16" which makes no sense for a supposed 10 pound weight loss. I just got back on the scale and it's saying I lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks which is fine, but that means only about 13 pounds total in 3.5 months. Which is horrible weight loss for all the work and money I am dumping into doing this. I need to lose weight, it's necessary for so many reasons. I am just so confused now.

I’m so sorry Mari! I’ve been faithfully working out and trying to eat healthier since last December. I’ve lost 5 lbs...maybe 7. It’s so frustrating and disheartening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Goodness. So much going on right now.

I always feel like me and my family are fine. That there’s nothing new going on. My husband started grad school so we’ve been thrust back into that crazy routine. He’s working full time and doing school full time. I picked up a small job to help with bills from 5-7 am every weekday morning. I have to get up at 4 am and it’s so tiring. I then do the mom thing and am still working for my friend when I can. So we’re both pretty much falling asleep by 8 every night ha!

My kids are good kids. We got a dog in May and he’s a pain in the rear. We’re honestly struggling with him and the choice to rehome him but I can’t accept that choice. Then I feel like we failed and that’s not ok. I have 1 girl who’s terrified of him, no matter what we’ve done to try to help that. Then our oldest is the one that begged for a dog and she likes him but gets irritated with him easily (ugh!), and then my boy loves to torment him since he doesn’t know better. The dog torments him right back though so they honestly act like siblings.

Like I said in a comment above, I’ve been working out like crazy and haven’t lost anything...or enough to show. I’m super insecure and have very low body image & self esteem so it’s been rough. And I’m tired. I’m always tired. I posted on FB a night of sleep for me and it’s terrible (& that was “sleeping in” a few hours). I have no idea how to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk